• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you import SoulSilver and/or HeartGold? / Which version are you getting?

Will you import?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
i dont think ill import, just gonna wait, SoulSilver

pirate_fox673

Tetris Addict
I would import, but I have no way of doing so, nor can I read Japanese, so I'll have to wait.

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
Importing is what we like to call obsession; I can wait until it comes to the US. When they do I'll start by getting Gold and then get Silver eventually.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Importing is what we like to call obsession; I can wait until it comes to the US. When they do I'll start by getting Gold and then get Silver eventually.

Unless of course you like it better that way, in which case it would be called preference ;)

Rex Kamex

^ Will you be there in Japan when the games come out?

Playasia should be reliable enough.

I successfully got a CD set from there, but on HeartGold's page they said that you could travel to Hoenn and there were three new characters, including one named Luna or something. -__-

Wishing_Star* said:
Importing is what we like to call obsession;

Well there are some people who can read enough Japanese. (Other than that, though, the only other reasons people who don't know that much Japanese if any at all is because they understand the game enough- even though basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy the game- or they just can't wait until it comes in the US. I told you all I was the only one hoping these games would be released later than September, on November 21).

Last edited:

Akarin

Sgt. Fgt.

When the early versions of D/P came out, they had the legendary "E4 Door Glitch". I have the early Diamond version. So it's not just about being a purist. :D

harleydfd

If i import it from Japan will the whole thing be in japanese or not? and HG FTW! i completed gold and loved it, Ho-oh > Lugia although Lugia is cool :p
Please sent me a private message i would like to know thanks

Flamer

I'll import the american version of SoulSilver, but not the Japanese, seeing as I can't read Japanese. No matter how much I can't wait for this, I really think it'll ruin it not being able to understand a word thats being said.

Rex Kamex

When the early versions of D/P came out, they had the legendary "E4 Door Glitch". I have the early Diamond version. So it's not just about being a purist. :D

Isn't that just to get a Darkrai or something? (No offense, but unless you don't want to hack or can't get to a Nintendo event, I don't see why you would import it just for that...)

harleydfd said:
If i import it from Japan will the whole thing be in japanese or not? and HG FTW! i completed gold and loved it, Ho-oh > Lugia although Lugia is cool :p

Wait... this actually isn't a PM, but... it'd be the same as if you were in Japan getting the game from a Japanese store. Technically, he only thing that would be in English, I think, would be signs on the Pokemon Center/PokeMart, and things like "The Pokemon Company" and "HP."

But that's barely anything.

The Japanese Pokemon site has pictures of gameplay, so this is basically what you'd be dealing with.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
^ Will you be there in Japan when the games come out?
Yeah ^^ I was afraid I wasn't, but I was changed to getting there on 8/25 instead of exactly on 9/12 ... I don't think I'm going to be able to get the Ho-oh figurine though :/

Well, Platinum only had one person in the entire game who spoke English (Japanese version) lol XD Aside from that, no :/ hardly any at all.

Gridiron

@ Gridiron:

I imported Diamond version, I can't remember the shipping being too outrageous. Then again, I didn't exactly pay for shipping...

Oh, and what do they usually cost over here, $45? But with the PokeWalker, it may be more expensive.

Play-asia has it listed for about $60.
You're right, it is about $60, and there's no way I'm going to pay $60 for a Nintendo DS game...ever. If I remember correctly, the games are going to cost the usual amount for a DS game even though Hg/Ss have the PokeWalker included. That means I get can both versions for $70 (before tax), and I will actually be able to understand them. So, I decided that I will not import either version.

Mooites

Im going to wait until the American release.

But Im not sure which version I want... I got Gold when it came out, so maybe I'll try for Silver this time? Still, I prefer Ho-oh...

melon_jaywalk

Self absorbed jerk
Thanks for the reply. Do you know any other sites that may be offering the figures/statues while shipping outside of Japan?

No idea. I only ever use Play-Asia, out of a lack of knowledge of other places. I mean, Lik-Sang closed down years ago due to a lawsuit from Sony.. And, I'm going on a tangent now.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to try YesAsia, as someone mentioned here, or Amazon, maybe, or something. Play-Asia's just my regular for anything so it's pretty reliable. Thus far.

Robbie13a

wait till the states has a release dates, pre order both, get the limited edition statues to go with my giratina statue.

Rex Kamex

Yeah ^^ I was afraid I wasn't, but I was changed to getting there on 8/25 instead of exactly on 9/12 ... I don't think I'm going to be able to get the Ho-oh figurine though :/

That's cool... that you're going to Japan, I mean. Too bad about the figurine, though.

Anyway... I think I've already said that I'm getting HeartGold when it comes out in America (even though SoulSilver sounds like a cooler name) since I got regular Gold. I have played Ol'Silver (old silver) in the past though, so at least I've had some Silver "experience." (Back when you could rent Game Boy Color games at Blockbuster and all.)

Don't see what the big fuss is about SoulSilver's better than HeartGold or vise versa. Same with Lugia or Ho-oh being better. (I mean, having a preference is one thing, but some people have a really big dislike for the alternative for some reason.)

And I don't want to import the games because I'm not fluent in Japanese (although by this point in time, I probably wouldn't do so bad playing this remake. Although running into all the new stuff would be a problem...), but playing the Japanese verison and then playing the English version would take the fun out of playing the game in a language I can understand. I'll just wait for the English version. As excited as I am for these games, I'm not THAT excited, so excited that I'd order HeartGold in a language I barely understand. And this is coming from someone who visits Japanese Pokemon sites WAAAAAAY more than the American sites.

Besides, that's one more game for some Japanese person to enjoy. (Or one of you guys, apparently. But that's fine with me- go right ahead. If so, it'd suit you better than it would suit me.)

I'll be getting SoulSilver, and no, I will not be importing. I'm going to wait like a good boy.

(Plus I need more money lol)

JackB1992

JackyBoy
im gna get soul silver, i had silver and what a game!!! i might get it imported, only if some how the UK version wont work on a US DS,

Status
Not open for further replies.