• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you import SoulSilver and/or HeartGold? / Which version are you getting?

Will you import?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno48

Zaker!
No i'm not importing the games because i can't speak or write japanese so it would be impossible for me to enjoy the game. A challenge but i will just wait until it comes out in the states.

Atari

Did it on 'em
I've pretty much decided I'm importing SoulSilver upon the Japanese release, and then buying HeartGold when it's released in English for the US. Reason is because I have a bit of favoritism toward Silver version, and I hope by playing it I can improve my hiragana and katagana reading comprehension.

daddymaco

Super Breeder
im preordering hg from japan just because i do want them both but it will be much quicker and more entertaining cuz ill be like look at my game that you have to wait like half a year for! even tho im not fluent in japanese.(lol i cant read one word of it!) but thats what guides are for

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
For the first time I am tempted to import a copy from Japan. Although that might be fun, I know I'll eventually want one in English, and that'll be more money and another adventure, and it won't be authentic because it wasn't my first one. So I think I'll wait for the English.

I was going to go for HeartGold, because I had Gold last time, and I want Ho-Oh sooner because I have a Lugia from XD. But I like the Lugia figurine better...and it might be time for a change in color themes. Decisions, decisions. (It'll probably be HeartGold.)

Lauzi

Roar out louder~!
I am going to import mine, but not from Japan, I'll be importing when it hits the US (I live in the UK), as I like to understand the language that I play my games in. x]
And, I will only be getting HeartGold. <3

melon_jaywalk

Self absorbed jerk
Are the statues available with the play-asia preorders? It doesn't say on their site...

I asked them about it, and they had no confirmation, saying that it depends on their supplier.

I'm thinking they won't, because the figures were never available for Platinum either, when I pre-ordered my Japanese version and so on.

I'll just buy the figures separately offa' eBay I think. That way I can get all three.

MeGaNiUm_mAn

<-- PWNS arceus
i think ill wait for the america release. but im going SS all the way!!

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I'll be importing HS from Japan (as Gold was my first from the Johto series) and then get SS when it comes out in America. It's not going to be too hard to play Pokemon in Japanese.

savits721

I asked them about it, and they had no confirmation, saying that it depends on their supplier.

I'm thinking they won't, because the figures were never available for Platinum either, when I pre-ordered my Japanese version and so on.

I'll just buy the figures separately offa' eBay I think. That way I can get all three.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know any other sites that may be offering the figures/statues while shipping outside of Japan?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I was thinking WTF when I was told that I would be going to Japan on 9/12 because I would be on the airplane the whole time cursing myself out for not being able to go a day or two earlier to get the games on release (especially not being able to get the figurines, which I never even got the Platinum one). But thankfully, my dates were changed around, and now I get to go 8/24, which gives me enough time to both reserve it, see the movie, and then actually pick up HeartGold on 9/12 :D So I don't have to import this year :D

Calm PokeMaster

I will wait for it to come out in US,ask my relatives to get it there and bring it here.I will be getting Heart Gold.

im importing HG from play-asia. i think. is it reliable enough to ship to USA? and if i do import, im also going to get both HGSS when they come out here. so i'll have three. :)

Angeling

true love
Playasia should be reliable enough.

Gonna import Soul Silver from yesasia even if it's only like $1 cheaper than playasia. At least I got an account there lol. Also, most likely not buying the US version [just like Platinum].

Gridiron

Would PlayAsia's prices for HeartGold/SoulSilver be comparable to Target or Wal-Mart? I wouldn't want to pay $20 more or something just to import it, and then have to pay a boat-load for shipping also.

Earlier I said that I would import a Japanese HeartGold version, but now I'm not sure if I would import a copy at all. I think I will wait until both versions are released in the United States and buy both (I like to collect the versions also).

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I have actually decided that I will import both HG/SS!!!! I can't wait for them to come out in the U.S. So this will tie me over til the lol.

Akarin

Sgt. Fgt.
I'm seriously considering importing both now that a lot more info has been revealed. Then, when they come to the US, I'll get both.

That's a lot of money, huh?

@ Gridiron:

I imported Diamond version, I can't remember the shipping being too outrageous. Then again, I didn't exactly pay for shipping...

Oh, and what do they usually cost over here, $45? But with the PokeWalker, it may be more expensive.

Play-asia has it listed for about $60.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Can't read japanese so my answer is nope. So I'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs till they come to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.