• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you play 4th Gen much now?

Nebbio

NINJA!
I was just wondering if many people are going to play 4th gen now. I am going to use the game for chaining and Poke Transfer but that's about it.

Spade616

only for breeding. no real reason to keep playing when 5th gen is out imo.

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
Aww I feel left out. I will continue playing 4th gen until I get the 5th gen (in a couple of months). Then I will still play 4th gen for breeding and challenge playthroughs.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I'll use it for Poke'Transfer and for Lv.100 battles but that's about it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I still have Pokemon I was going to train, so yeah. I'll probably never touch DP, though, because they weren't as good as PtHGSS.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
Yeah. I was playing it today actually. :3 I enjoy Diamond greatly still.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Reseted my Diamond to catch more Legendaries, and will continue breeding/training in Platinum and SoulSilver, but aside from that, that's it for Gen IV for me

Jenza1202

To breed and chain shiny Pokemon - yes, plus recapturing the Legenderies. Same reason I still play Emerald, Ruby and Leaf Green - for the Legendaries and for Pokemon I can't obtain anywhere else.

On HG and SS it takes ages to get the first and third generation starters. With Leafgreen, Emerald and Ruby it takes much less.

DDD1234

Shiny Collector
I will. I'm not sure whether to get B/W or wait for a 3rd version. Until then I plan on getting a 100-win streak at the Battle Tower, and increase my shiny collection.
I have a shiny EVd Lv100 flawless Scizor and a shiny Lv45 EVd flawless latios that I am willing to give for any two low-leveled or one valuable shiny. PM Me!
(Flawless means all IVs are 31)

Kalosian

So long
Probably not, despite 4th gen being my favorite generation. Have not finished any of the five games, not sure if I will be able to do that either. Might try to complete the Battle Frontier in Platinum or maybe the Pokedex in HG/SS if I get the time to do so.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
Wont play my Diamond not much point to it unless I need to transfer, chaining just is not as fun as finding a RE. As for SS I will be playing that one.

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
I'm not a big fan of Sinnoh (my fav regions are Hoenn, Johto, and of course, Unova), but I haven't played Platinum in so long I'm sort of weary on the plot.

Once I beat Black, I'm not getting White until my birthday in a few months, so I plan to finish my game of SoulSilver I started awhile ago (on Jasmine now), and then attempt Platinum until my birthday arrives. And after I beat White...I'll just play what I feel like playing.

iltwbtsiodfau

Sinnoh and Diamond and Pearl were probably my least favorite, but i love Platinum and HGSS so I will definitely still be playing them :-D

Crystal king

けかいの妖怪~
Of course I am, D/P are the only pokemon games where my collective play time is almost 1000 hours.

Kero~

The Nemesis

Ditto Farmer
I plan on keeping my copy of Pearl as a breeding resource, so I will play it in that sense. I also have a bunch of the final stuff in HGSS to finish up (I have all the badges now, so it's off to fight Red and get all the legendaries and whatnot that are unlocked around then)

Beyond that it depends if I feel like getting a copy of heartgold on the cheap and running through it. I played a copy of FR simultaneously with Diamond after having already beaten both Pearl and LG, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that I keep up with this generation on some level.

Who knows, I might even pick up RSE copies because I never got all the way through those either. I bought an Emerald off of eBay, but it was some kind of knockoff because when I switched from my GBA to DS not only did the cart barely fit into the DS' GBA slot, having anything in the DS slot made the GBA cart's memory wipe.

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
I plan on replaying through them whenever I get a nostalgia for them. I usually keep a copy of each gen's remakes & 3rd version, in case I have a hankerin' to play through a certain region.

Oh, and I like using the Pokewalker. I am using it to help complete Pokedex; I plan on filling out my SS National dex. It was the best and most user friendly dexes out there.

PS. The type match-up app in D/P/Pt is pretty handy, even in 5th gen. Having access to that in another system will help.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yes, of course! This is my favourite generation of all, so the idea of not playing it anymore kills me.

I still have to finish training my teams on HGSS and Pearl. Plus, I plan on playing through Diamond a few more times and then finally getting a real team on that game.

Then, I have many, many more Pokemon to raise on my Platinum. Even after I finish that, I hope to keep on playing Platinum for many more years to come, since it's my favourite game and I find it much more intersting than BW.