• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Will you please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
Will everyone PLEASE stop saying Harley is a homo?! I for one don't like seeing captioned pictures of the anime saying he is and it's really getting to be old.

Sorry if I came off as rude, but this type of thing gets under my skin.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
How do you know he isn't?

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
It's not like anyone will even listen. There's some captions I don't like in there, but do you see me make a topic telling them to stop. Let them say what they want

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why bother not stating the truth? Saying that Harley prefers the same sex is just like saying that May has a curvy body. It's the truth.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
^what he said. And so long as they aren't making harsh, homophobic comments about it, I see no problem.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Wow, someone's a little bigot, aren't they?

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
How dare you, I'm no bigot!!! I just got sick and tired of everyone saying "Harley is gay", so there.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Mind telling us why?

And only a bigot uses phrases like "homo".

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
...captioned pictures you say? Um, where exactly?

If you're talking about the picture caption thread, I don't see what you're complaining about because, not to be harsh, pretty much 85% of the captions in that thread consist of repetative drivel anyway :p

If you're on about signatures, I can't say I've noticed any stating so. And even so, its hardly as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
You're just wasting your time. One person can't change many people's feelings about an anime character or anyone for that matter.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
I don't expect to. I am just saying. And I wanted to shorten the term because it seemed more polite than gay.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Uh-huh, and wound up doing the exact opposite.

You still have yet to say *why* you object.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I read somewhere that Harley's mannerisms in the Japanese version include refering to males with a pronoun that only women and gay men use, referring to them as if they are females. Someone who knows Japanese can explain and understand better than me.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
no no, you got that mixed up. Harley's not referring to males in a feminine manner, he's referring to himself in a feminine manner. See, in English, our only forms of first-person (like "I" and "me") are indiscriminate of gender. In Japan, there are many ways of referring to yourself in first-person, even masculine and feminite ways (much like our third-persons are divided into stuff like "him" and "her"). Harley uses the first-person "atashi", a very feminite form. Aside from that, he also showcases his feminality by using the "wa" sentence particle to end several of his phrases.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
Pokemon has never been a subtle anime. When they're trying to tell us something, they'll often by very obvious and cliched about it. If they show Harley using a camp homosexual stereotype, then they're telling us in their way that he's intended to be gay. This isn't one of those anime where it's subtle or revealed over a certain amount of time- It's quick and to the point so we 'get' what they're saying.

PDL

disenchanted
being gay is a part of what makes Harley so damn appealing! it breaks the mold and James no longer has to be considered the "gay" one...

I Just love how the word "Homo" was being thrown around...Offensive much?

Anyway With what Cybercubed said It's just fact and when people say it it's like stating "Satoshi is a pokemon trainer"...=/

Anyways lets take the Homophobia down a notch...k? k.

Chris

Old Coot
Some of you are confusing feminine actions with being a homosexual. o_O Way to stereotype, guys!

And since this is becoming abit of a flame war..

Status
Not open for further replies.