• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Willingness to intensify the plot

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Throughout three generations of the PMD franchise, as a video game known best for its deep plots and musical craftsmanship, are the developers, storywriters, and designers of the PMD series be willing enough to tackle and create themes that are strong, serious, and very detailed?

I'm talking about plots in the level of Mother 3, Ni no Kuni, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, and others alike. Since the current legendaries of this generation are based around Life, Death, and Order (Zygarde's affinity), could the next hypothetical PMD present themes concerning about death and life visually, musically, and plot wise in great detail this time? Or would those only hurt its reputation more than benefitting from them?

Rakurai

I've never really understood why the Pokemon games are so reluctant to touch on more mature plot elements like death either, considering that other Nintendo games that are still aimed at younger audiences (Mother 3, especially) don't have any qualms about it.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
First of all, I'd like an explanation as to what just happened to the humans. I thought GTI would touch upon this. It didn't.

Second of all, if there's anything that the DS has taught me, it's that games can have dark themes that younger kids just won't notice while still having all-ages aesthetics. Take Solatorobo, for example. It's rated PEGI 7, but there's dialogue about genocide and world-wide war.

Third of all, as for an interesting plot? How about one where the player was never a human, but the story is still impactful?

Rakurai

First of all, I'd like an explanation as to what just happened to the humans. I thought GTI would touch upon this. It didn't.

That kind of bugs me, too.

It's strongly implied in every single game that humans existed in the "Pokemon" world at some point, but they never actually go anywhere with it. PMD Explorers was the worst about it, considering that it's actually implied that they still do exist in the world somewhere, considering that no one makes a big deal about the hero being human, plus they aren't stated to have come from another world, either.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Third of all, as for an interesting plot? How about one where the player was never a human, but the story is still impactful?

Well, this was mainly done in the first game so as to give the impression for the player character to, well, be the player, also based upon the Personality Test etc. I do think it has become somewhat of an oddity now.

>Humans
I, too, really wish GtI expanded on this.

Although, we do seem to have a few pieces of canon regarding it, though, in Rescue Team and Gates to Infinity, humans are probably from another dimension (but how they would know of them in the first place, let alone the Ruins Friend Area in Rescue is just...), while in Explorers, ugh, I just don't know about that game; it hints they still exist but then the only one mentioned comes from the Future of Darkness, so, what? Are humans dark-world creatures only or something now?

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I'm writing a PMD2-based fanfic which is partically a fanfic-theory about what happened to the humans.
They were almost wiped out by Darkrai and went into hiding.