• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Windows Vista Release Date

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6158719.stm

January 30, 2007. This will probably be a bad date for the release as it's a month after Christmas and anyone getting a new computer would've done it by December 25.

Some analysts predict that Vista will be an immediate success, while others think it will take longer to pick up, saying that both firms and personal users will not upgrade for the sake of it.

I have to agree with this. I mean, for starters it requires a 3D accelerator and a fast computer with a lot of RAM to run. And you'll be paying $200+ for a liscense that is basically XP anyway.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Nah, companies are giving out vouchers that started last month to anyone buying a PC. Basically, if you bought a PC from certain companies, you could get a free copy of Vista. Except this is only the Home Basic, so there's no Aero Glass (Not like half the PCs companies sell could actually handle it).

True.

And looking at Wiki, the bare minimum specs for Vista are 800Mhz, 512MB RAM, and 15GB of HDD space. Give or take, any PC from when XP first came out can run Vista. But of course, you're also looking at lacking features. Then again, you could run Windows XP from when Windows 98 first came out, but you won't want Luna or the fade effects turned on.

15 gigs... I wouldn't. My old harddisk was only 15 gigs. It would be a big waste of space for something that is basically XP.

But geez, the OS is too expensive for my liking at the moment.

I doubt I'll ever boot Vista. Unless they turn off support for XP but even then there is Linux.