• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Windows Vista... @.=.@;;

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
I have downloaded three different builds of Vista onta my computer and burned 'em on DVD. Each time I try ta install from Windows I get a "An error occured while booting into the next page of Setup." message. Each time I try booting from it an' installing I get an "An error has occured while preparing the install drive." message.

Don't ask me about Vista's integrity or my DVD's integrity, tch, because I have already installed it from tha same DVD on other systems and it works just fine.

If it's of any help, I have Norton GoBack installed on my HDD aswell as a previous version of Windows XP, and, funny thing, some files on my HDD can't be defragged, even when not in use. o.=.o;;; Don't ask about my HDD's integrity, for I have already performed a thorough scan and all my sectors are okay.

If possible, I would also like ta know WHY this error is caused.

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
Well like I said, tch, I've already done installed it on twocomps and it went fine, so I don't think it's an image problem o.=.O

An' btw I didn't use Nero, I used Alcohol 120%. Also I mention I have tried copying the install on tha HDD and running it and got tha same problem...

Last edited:

Trip

Former Staff Member
I used to use GoBack and it caused nothing but problems. I'd be willing to bet GoBack has something to do with it. It injects itself into a whole lot of places (MBR?) in an effort to protect the system, but I noted when I had it that it didn't help about half the time. I remember that once the computer crashed and we took it to the repair shop (before I was any good with computers) and they couldn't do anything with it until we gave them the GoBack manual, despite the fact they were trying to wipe the hard drive.

I managed to install an old Longhorn build under VMWare a while ago without a problem (though it was slow, being VMWare). If it installed on other systems you have, then I'd be willing to bet GoBack is at fault.

- Trip

Trip

Former Staff Member
Alyssa Picariello said:
I do not suggest installing it on your own computer. It might have a chance to screw up your computer....

Do it in VMWare or Virtual PC. Make sure you have 512 MB of RAM
No more than installing any other operating system.

That said, Windows doesn't have any easily-configurable bootloader, so if you install Vista, you probably won't be able to use whatever you're using now unless you leave it installed and manage to get GRUB (or similar) in there somehow.

- Trip