• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wings 'n' Things! (179)

JudySpell

Banned
I like Yanma to an extent so I liked that it was given such an entertaining filler about it breaking windows. Very original. 7.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hiroto's Yanyanma stealing Satoshi's cap was humorous, as was seeing how the townspeople feared its wing beats. I thought that Hiroto's father was too strict when he ordered Hiroto to release Yanyanma, but in a surprising twist, it was the Rocket-dan's attack that helped Hiroto keep Yanyanma in the end.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Yanma and it's voice were so cute. Eh, the only problem I had was that the Dex said that some of Yanma's strongest attacks were Double Team and Sonic Boom. I mean, those ain't that great.

Vipsoccermaster

A fair episode. It's a fine Yanma debut, but it feels annoying to have one that breaks windows.

Hiroto's Yanyanma stealing Satoshi's cap was humorous, as was seeing how the townspeople feared its wing beats. I thought that Hiroto's father was too strict when he ordered Hiroto to release Yanyanma, but in a surprising twist, it was the Rocket-dan's attack that helped Hiroto keep Yanyanma in the end.
But I agree with this. Team Rocket may be annoyances, but they're useful at times where they actually help out a character of the day to end off in a positive way. Now Zachary can enjoy training with his Yanma without having Yanma's wings beat too intense, Mr. Evans running a smooth business in making glasses, and the town (including Mr. Strussel) can enjoy peace and quiet, with no more windows breaking. Speaking of Mr. Strussel, I wonder what was his special treat for Zachary Evans was...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Thinking back now, since we know that Musashi would eventually capture her own Yanyanma in Shinou, I really wish that instead of this episode being a typical mid-Jouto filler focusing on a one-off character, that Musashi could've been the central character. Her capturing a Yanyanma two sagas in advance here would've been brilliant.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Yanma was a cute Pokemon in the games since it was so mild and gentle-looking, so seeing it have a destructive tendency here made me see it differently.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Alloutℯ said:
Yanma was a cute Pokemon in the games since it was so mild and gentle-looking, so seeing it have a destructive tendency here made me see it differently.

While Yanyanma did cause damage, it seemed to be a case of him simply not knowing his own strength. It wasn't his fault in the sense that he didn't understand restraint.

I liked how Yanma stole Ash's hat and how this episode was different from most other fillers, because the Pokemon that was featured here deserved the bad reputation that it had since it kept damaging windows. I liked that the kid who owned the Yanma had to learn how to control his Pokemon better since it was something that he should've done from the beginning instead of letting Yanma roam freely.

The story about the kid not wanting to abandon his Yanma because it was causing too much trouble was one of the most realistic plots in the series so far because it reminded me of how some parents don't want their kids to have pets if they can't tame them. Yanma was innocent since it couldn't control its shock waves and it seemed unfair that the kid's parents and the other people kept getting mad at it for something that it had no control over. 7/10