• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winner By A Nosepass! (292)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Winner By A Nosepass!

After their exploits at the Pokémon School, Ash finally challengeds Roxanne to a Gym Battle. She uses Rock Pokémon and it is a 2 on 2 Battle. She uses Geodude and Nosepass...Will Ash be able to beat her?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I recorded this episode and watched it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, I love this episode! I still watch it now. I just love Piakchu using Iron Tail and Pikachu managed to beat 2 Pokemon! Treecko didn't really put up much of a fight in the battle though.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I kinda expected Treecko to beat Geodude, seeing as how everybody kept on harping on about how Treecko was Ash's most awesomest Pokemon. (I was even more suprised to see Treecko have his *** handed to him on a stick by Brawly's Machop. That said, Ash's whole damned strategy and attitude in that episode sucked. It came to a point where I wanted Brawly to give him a slap. o.o)

Anyway, Roxanne! *explodes* The only trainer that could EVER make a Nosepass seem like a great Pokemon. I loved her strategy of using Sandstrom to blind Pikachu and Nosepass' nose to guide it through. She's so smart. ^_^

S

Shiny May

I've seen this episode a really long time ago. It was one of the first AG eps I've ever seen in Japanese. I liked how Pikachu used iron tail in this episode and it was to be expected imo that Treecko didn't do that well. It could be overconfident for some reason and Nosepass is just a really strong pokemon. And it looks really cool in the anime btw.
But overall I think it was an amazing first Hoenn Gym Match !! :D

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I thought this episode was quite exciting! Pikachu was a fiesty little thing and did well. Roxanne also used a great strategy.

V

vulpix

this episode is so exciting cause Pikachu just learned iron tail and sometimes it doesn't work.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was a pretty good gym battle, and it was nice to see a geodude again between these two Roxanne episodes. It's interesting how Pikachu smoked a geodude in both rock gyms that he's battled in (at least this time Ash used strategy instead of supercharging Pikachu to do it). It's too bad that Treecko went down quick. He would definitely have been better if he'd known grass moves like he did later (like the other twerps mentioned), with leaf blade and bullet seed. He would have probably kicked real butt against nosepass. At least Pikachu still won the battle.

B

Blazikens#1Fan

Winner By A Nosepass

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!! How the heck can a pikachu kill a Nosepass??? And Roxxane sounded like a female sensei from a karate class!

Blazikens#1Fan said:
Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!! How the heck can a pikachu kill a Nosepass??? And Roxxane sounded like a female sensei from a karate class!

Er, Nosepass is pure Rock Type. Rock Types take neutral damage from Electric Attacks. Ground Types, though, are the ones that resist it, which Nosepass is not.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

RamOne

Grass Freak
Ash's first badge. The gymbattles are most of the time very cool.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I think May made a smart choice to do Pokemon Contests instead of Gym Battles, because with only Torchic and Wurmple she wouldn't stand a chance against Roxanne.

JONNO.FRESH

A good gym epi. Seeing Nosepass was good. Too bad Treecko got owned easily

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
I think Geodude was cool. It looks cool sounds cool and attacks cool.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Did anyone notice Pikachu defeated Geodude with a Thunder attack?!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes, we know.

Having gone through rewatching early Hoenn, the Pikachu Vs. Nosepass battle was quite well done. Also liked May stating that she'll be a coordinator and talking to Roxanne about it.

Battra

An excellent gym battle episode, nice to see Ash do better in his battle with Roxanne than in his battle with Brock at the Pewter Gym, also nice to see the writers didn't use the Pikachu setting off the sprinklers technique for winning and Ash had a real gym battle. Roxanne's definitely a excellent gym leader she definitely knows her stuff, but it's kinda hard to compare her to Brock since the only time we've seen Brock act like a gym leader was his battle with Ash at the Pewter Gym and that didn't last very long. Interesting thing I learned on Bulbapedia is that in the original Nosepass is using Hyper Beam but in the dub they changed it to Thunder Wave & Zap Cannon since Nosepass can't use Hyper Beam in the game. Nice to see that May decided to go the Contest route cause she would have been owned as bad as Ash in his first gym battle.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I really didn't like that battle, since they made Pikachu super strong to wimn. That little electric rat is something that really irks me about the anime. Would it kill Ash to have Pikachu Oaked and start with a real starter?

But of course, the 8 year old kids would cry and scream and carry on over a cartoon.