• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winner By A Nosepass! (292)

Littlemyuu

Nosepass is not my fave Pokemon but it did a good job

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
How Pikachu's thunderbolt can beat a Geodude?
It's was stupid.....

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I really wasn't surprised much when May announced to everyone that she would rather pursue the path of a pokemon coordinator than a pokemon trainer. I think she made a great decision by doing this. :) I thought that Ash's battle with Roxanne was great. It was disappointing to see Treecko be at a disadvantage even though it is a grass-type pokemon. I did think that Pikachu was magnificent though. I was glad it was able to defeat Geodude even though Thunder shouldn't have effected it. I thought Nosepass was a really unique pokemon. It came in handy that it had an electromagnet. However once again, I thought Pikachu did a great job. I was really happy to see Iron Tail used successfully. It was too bad it didn't work every time. Although, I was still glad Ash won in the end and recieved a Stone Badge from Roxanne.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, great battle. I loved Roxanne's team, it was simple.

She was tough, her Nosepass was still causing problems for Pikachu despite the fact that it had Iron Tail.

9/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Besides Pikachu beating Geodude with Electric attacks, this battle was pretty good. Too bad Treecko doesn't learn grass type moves till later on, it probably would have done a lot better in this battle. But overall, this was a good episode.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Pikachu was strong, maybe this was his best battle until that time.

I think Pikachu's Iron tail was very effective. Maybe not VS Geodude, but definitely against Nosepass. Without Chaz's help two episodes ago, Ash would have lost to Roxanne.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I saw this episode before I got Ruby, so I was quite surprised when Nosepass used Thunder Wave. I never would have expected a rock-type to use an electric-type move, so I found that really interesting.

I was glad that Pikachu finally mastered Iron Tail and used it to win the battle. I liked seeing Pikachu use a new move after so many episodes of just using the same moves over and over again (I can't even remember when the last time it learn a move before this episode was).

Finding out that May wanted to do contests was interesting too, because it made me wonder what they would be like.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was cool seeing Nosepass for the 1st time. It was cool seeing Zap Cannon and Sand Tomb used for the 1st time in a battle. Roxanne's Sandstorm hiding strategy was very cool. Too bad Treecko didn't do well in the gym battle, but it was cool seeing Pikachu be able to defeat both Geodude and Nosepass. I'm glad Ash won the gym battle. May made a smart move to only do contests instead of Gym Battles.

70/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. I love gym episodes. It was cool to see Nosepass. What I didn't get was that Pikachu, an Electric type was able to beat both of Roxanne's Pokemon while Treecko which is a Grass type fail. It was cool to find out that May wanted to do Contests.

This episode was cool. I love gym episodes. It was cool to see Nosepass. What I didn't get was that Pikachu, an Electric type was able to beat both of Roxanne's Pokemon while Treecko which is a Grass type fail. It was cool to find out that May wanted to do Contests.

Pikachu learned Iron Tail, and Treecko didn't have any Grass attacks.

Blessed

Saw this episode with japanese subs. The battle was great & Roxanne and May are much more tolerable. :)

What is that supposed to mean?

The post clearly means that Roxanne and May are more tolerable in the japanese episode than in the dub.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Just saw the episode and it was a great battle ^_^ Pikachu learning Iron Tail there was really helpful to gain Ash's first Hoenn Gym Badge :D

Vernikova

Champion
That was a pretty good battle if you disregard all of the writers' weird decisions. Like beating Nosepass with an electric attack simply because it was up close. If I were in Roxanne's position, I would have been skeptical with Ash's choices as well.

7threst

For a first gym battle, this was one was really solid done and it showed how powerful Pikachu was ( even though I still have my objections as how Pikachu won over two rock/stone-type Pokémon back to back) It was sad to see Treeko being unable to perform any sort of grass attacks at that point - He would have done great if he had known some grass attacks.

I don't really like Roxanne's Geodude. Why no AG Pokemon, or Jotho one that didn't get as much anime screen time yet? Anyways, the battle was good. It was sad to see Treecko do badly and Pikachu so well, it was just not realistic. And Pikachu starred too often in AG Gym battles, it's unfair towards Ash's other Pokemon. But when focusing on this episode, I can say this battle was good. 8/10.

Blessed

Great Gym battle. Kinda felt sorry for Treeko for not being able to perform any Grass moves. I loved Roxanne's style she's an excellent Gym Leader. Funny how skeptical she was of Ash's decision to go with Pikachu. LOL, May would have done so badly with her Torchic & Wurmple, so I suppose the Contest route is better for her.