1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Games (003)

Discussion in 'Non Movie Pikachu/Pichu Shorts' started by Serebii, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Winter Games!

When in a cabin in Johto, Pikachu and friends decide to play in the cold. But when Chikorita runs off...the group go into an Ice Rink where they play curling using Meowth among other things...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. meggirl63

meggirl63 Guest

If I was in that short, I'd definitely go ice skating on that very rink! ;-)

3. Yellow

Yellow Banned

I didn't like this short very much. Most likely because I've had a bad expeirience with Ice before. I liked the part when Totodile was spraying down the Icicles.

4. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

I did see it and thought of it as the fun side of pokemon battling. I really liked the music when the pokemon were curling.

5. This was pretty cute!Heracross was in it, so that racks up the points even if he didn't do anything noteworthy, unlike chikorita.I loove the part where meowth started causing trouble and slammed bulbasaur into a tree

6. I found out that it claims to be like the Olympic winter Games held in Nagano in 1998, and the Pikachu short is made to honour it.

7. Opal Pikachu13

Opal Pikachu13 Well-Known Member

Oh, this Pikachu short was hilarious, I liked the part when they all made Meowth like a hockey puck by using their tails and Chikorita using her leaf, making him hit the tree, causing Meowth to counter back by making Bulbasaur hit it, which resulted him to tie Meowth up with his vines making him spin like a top, colliding into Squirtle who was also spinning, making Meowth blast off!

8. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

I kinda liked it.

9. larxanne

larxanne Ub3r Trainer

never seen it. wish i had though it looks cool

10. squirtleboy12

squirtleboy12 christian 4ever

i love the short as i always say....i love chrismast poke shows

10/10

11. HikariTajiri

HikariTajiri Back! =D

BEST. MUSIC. EVER!!!! Tanaka-san, you excelled youself!!!! (If it WAS Hirokazu Tanaka, that is. It just sounded like his style.)

12. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Continuity fun - Misty wears the same jacket as she did in the second movie in this short (you'd think she'd wear pants too, given that the temperature is below the freezing point, but eh...)

But yeah, fun little episode. Pikachu and friends apparantly just start bullying Meowth for no reason, though. The writers don't seem to like Team Rocket too much.

13. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I don't think i remember this one, but i always like the xmas ones, so i might have to look it up.

14. pokedexfiller

pokedexfiller Unova Trainer

i got the dvd set of this and two other christmas ones and i think its nice to see all of it in the game

15. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Funny short.

I loved to see Chikorita with the Indigo pokemon like Vulpix and Poliwag.

and i loved how Meowth slipped on the ice, and he fell later.

16. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Aww it was cute, I especially liked it when the Pokemon each took turns touching the icicles; would think they'd never seen ice. Chikorita ran away, again, but that ended up giving us the ice rink scenes with all the Pokemon sliding across the icy surface. I laughed at Pikachu's expression as it was about to bump into Chikorita. It was like a bonding episode for those two. But am I the only one who noticed that the scenery looked an awful lot like the scenery in the episode where Chikorita was caught? Interesting haha.

17. lennysmithh

lennysmithh Banned

hey it was really great winter games episode you remind me the old days...all the time i am watching Pokemon only

18. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Pokemon doing some curling. Wasn't sure why Pikachu and the other Pokemon were bullying Meowth in this episode. It was cool to see Meowth slam Bulbasaur into the tree and causing other trouble. It was funny to see Squirtle used as a hockey puck, and eventually was smashed right into the tree. It was funny to see Meowth keep slipping on the ice. It was funny to see Meowth used for Curling practic.

30/100

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  19. ChikoritaCheezits

ChikoritaCheezits Active Member

I thought this short was funny. Has anyome ever noticd that there was alot of pokemon getting hurt.

20. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There were some pretty funny moments in this episode. I enjoyed the part where some of the Pokemon got hit by those icicles. When the Pokemon were skating on the ice, I liked it when Pikachu slid into Chikorita and how Squirtle got dizzy. It was also funny watching the Pokemon mess with Meowth like that, but I felt a little bad for him.