• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winter Games (003)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Winter Games!

When in a cabin in Johto, Pikachu and friends decide to play in the cold. But when Chikorita runs off...the group go into an Ice Rink where they play curling using Meowth among other things...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

M

meggirl63

If I was in that short, I'd definitely go ice skating on that very rink! ;-)

Yellow

Banned
I didn't like this short very much. Most likely because I've had a bad expeirience with Ice before. I liked the part when Totodile was spraying down the Icicles.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I did see it and thought of it as the fun side of pokemon battling. I really liked the music when the pokemon were curling.

B

Blaziken master

This was pretty cute!Heracross was in it, so that racks up the points even if he didn't do anything noteworthy, unlike chikorita.I loove the part where meowth started causing trouble and slammed bulbasaur into a tree

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

I found out that it claims to be like the Olympic winter Games held in Nagano in 1998, and the Pikachu short is made to honour it.

Opal Pikachu13

Oh, this Pikachu short was hilarious, I liked the part when they all made Meowth like a hockey puck by using their tails and Chikorita using her leaf, making him hit the tree, causing Meowth to counter back by making Bulbasaur hit it, which resulted him to tie Meowth up with his vines making him spin like a top, colliding into Squirtle who was also spinning, making Meowth blast off!

larxanne

Ub3r Trainer
never seen it. wish i had though it looks cool

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Continuity fun - Misty wears the same jacket as she did in the second movie in this short (you'd think she'd wear pants too, given that the temperature is below the freezing point, but eh...)

But yeah, fun little episode. Pikachu and friends apparantly just start bullying Meowth for no reason, though. The writers don't seem to like Team Rocket too much.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I don't think i remember this one, but i always like the xmas ones, so i might have to look it up.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Funny short.

I loved to see Chikorita with the Indigo pokemon like Vulpix and Poliwag.

and i loved how Meowth slipped on the ice, and he fell later.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aww it was cute, I especially liked it when the Pokemon each took turns touching the icicles; would think they'd never seen ice. Chikorita ran away, again, but that ended up giving us the ice rink scenes with all the Pokemon sliding across the icy surface. I laughed at Pikachu's expression as it was about to bump into Chikorita. It was like a bonding episode for those two. But am I the only one who noticed that the scenery looked an awful lot like the scenery in the episode where Chikorita was caught? Interesting haha.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see the Pokemon doing some curling. Wasn't sure why Pikachu and the other Pokemon were bullying Meowth in this episode. It was cool to see Meowth slam Bulbasaur into the tree and causing other trouble. It was funny to see Squirtle used as a hockey puck, and eventually was smashed right into the tree. It was funny to see Meowth keep slipping on the ice. It was funny to see Meowth used for Curling practic.

30/100

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
There were some pretty funny moments in this episode. I enjoyed the part where some of the Pokemon got hit by those icicles. When the Pokemon were skating on the ice, I liked it when Pikachu slid into Chikorita and how Squirtle got dizzy. It was also funny watching the Pokemon mess with Meowth like that, but I felt a little bad for him.