• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!! (1178)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1178.jpg

Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Ash has received a call from Dawn who says that her Piplup has been abducted. On investigation, Pokémon are being taken one after another in Sinnoh so Ash, Goh & Chloe head there to investigate. Upon arrival, they learn that the persont hat took Piplup from Dawn looked just like her. Will they be able to solve the mystery?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

diakyu

Not Ash mentioning the ultra wormholes. Doesn't he know the holes Dialga and Palkia tear open in time and space are totally unrelated to other holes in time and space

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
So uhm, I have this foreboding that this may end up similar to the Darkrai-Cresselia 2-parter in terms of pacing. As in, 1 and a half episode is a ultra slow setup and the entire plot is resolved in the last 10 minutes of the second part at a hyper pace.
Not Ash mentioning the ultra wormholes. Doesn't he know the holes Dialga and Palkia tear open in time and space are totally unrelated to other holes in time and space
They're technically the same things, just different method of creation.

diakyu

They're technically the same things, just different method of creation.
That's the joke lmao

There was a time I thought GF would take advantage of the similarities in the main games with the remakes, but we know how that went

D

Deleted member 384931

Eh wasnt that interesting. I get the same feeling as the Cresselia and DARKRAI arc tbh 6,5/10 seconds Dawn team get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decidueye23

Dawns back to doing contests in sinnoh?!?! While iris gets to become the friggin champion. What a downgrade lmao

MartínK

I'm going to watch the episodes back to back but i saw the pictures in the main page, interesting that the alternative trio is behind this mess and of course, no pointless captures for the silver plate boy.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Dawns back to doing contests in sinnoh?!?! While iris gets to become the friggin champion. What a downgrade lmao

Contest Ribbons become invalid once you enter a grand festival, so it's not unreasonable for her to do that, heck who's to say other coordinators don't simply retry the region they are from when they lose in that region's Grand Festival either? It's not like your forced to go to another region to keep doing contests after all.

Also, just because Iris became champion, that doesn't put her closer to her goal of being a dragon master, she even said so herself, which in hindsight really makes me wonder what the point of having her become champion was since that wasn't her true goal and wasn't really explained all that well either.

so wait, the AU TR is behind Dialga and Palkia fighting?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Also, just because Iris became champion, that doesn't put her closer to her goal of being a dragon master, she even said so herself, which in hindsight really makes me wonder what the point of having her become champion was since that wasn't her true goal and wasn't really explained all that well either.

Chances are she "became Champion" because someone at TPC said she had to be to match the video games (presumably AFTER the episode had already been written and shown her to be roughly on the same level as she was last time we saw her), and the reason it wasn't explained all that well is because there's no sensible explanation for it so it was handwaved off as a footnote.

If the new DP remakes were Let's Go style pseudo-remakes instead and had Hikari as the new champion at the end, anime Hikari would probably be Sinnoh Champion now and still be working on winning her first Grand Festival.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I actually love the little stuff about Satoshi mentioning Ultra Holes. It’s the kind of “organic” continuity that just gets name-dropped so casually with no need for a flashback or further expansion. Alola gets a certain level of respect when it comes to continuity that other series don’t like Lillie casually being shown with Magernie chasing after her dad, Satoshi’s champion status being stated and now Ultra Holes (by proxy that made me think of Agoyon) just getting a casual mention.

Any who, uh…seemed like a good episode with a lot of dialogue and exposition. As usual it’ll be better when you have full context.

I actually loved the little spat between Inteleon/Lucario and the rockets. I love how the boys secondary stars are getting so much casual appearances. Aceburn/Sarunori and Pikachu as their shouldermons and the blue Pokémon as their up-and-coming new stars that have proven themselves. Satoshi’s last cry fro Lucario was so sweet, RIIIIICCCAA-

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
I actually love the little stuff about Satoshi mentioning Ultra Holes. It’s the kind of “organic” continuity that just gets name-dropped so casually with no need for a flashback or further expansion. Alola gets a certain level of respect when it comes to continuity that other series don’t like Lillie casually being shown with Magernie chasing after her dad, Satoshi’s champion status being stated and now Ultra Holes (by proxy that made me think of Agoyon) just getting a casual mention.
If only every region got that respect this anime would be so much better.