• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!! (1178)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't know what's everyone beef with this episode
1. It was massively spoiled with all the promos. All the major scenes were shown before. Very little is new. You could just skip to the second episode and ignore this one.
2. It is just like the previous special: things start very slow, only for the second episode to rush through everything immediately.
3. Oh, and the ungrateful bastard-like nature of the little Pokemon.

UglyToast

1. It was massively spoiled with all the promos. All the major scenes were shown before. Very little is new. You could just skip to the second episode and ignore this one.
2. It is just like the previous special: things start very slow, only for the second episode to rush through everything immediately.
3. Oh, and the ungrateful bastard-like nature of the little Pokemon.
1. Fair on this one
2. This one was faster than previous double parter Sinnoh episode though.
3. You mean Pikachu not worried over Piplup? I think Pikachu thinks they are gonna go through this type of stuffs like all the time, that's the only explanation makes sense for me.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
After seeing May return back in DP and Iris now I'm really dissapointed Dawn team did not change at all...
Lopunny at least could've evolved.
The only redeem would be seeing Quilava evolving into a new Hisui form.

Even showing Bellossom as a nod to BDSP would've been nice...

UglyToast

Lopunny at least could've evolved.
The only redeem would be seeing Quilava evolving into a new Hisui form.
There is NO WAY they are gonna let Buneary evolve, because If you know... You know.
as for Quilava, I doubt it's gonna happen until January or February and we don't even know If that will happen at this time.

Yeah Dawn has shown no growth since DP. Same team, same clothes, no progression. It's a huge fall from grace. But hey, her fans got some fanservice like her crying for the annoying penguin and sitting with Ash, eh? Enjoy the crumbs.

Kungfu-Bear

Yeah Dawn has shown no growth since DP. Same team, same clothes, no progression. It's a huge fall from grace. But hey, her fans got some fanservice like her crying for the annoying penguin and sitting with Ash, eh? Enjoy the crumbs.
Honestly I think I'd rather the character not change at all than seeing a character get the most ridiculous buff ever in the same amount of 'time' (yea I'm talking about the vine girl). Idk why it's so hard for producers/writers not to work on the extremes lol
I hope they nail it with May.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I expect May to somehow be retrying Hoenn contests and Max is still stuck with her without the Ralts yet.

Man, it sucks to be a previous female protagonist whose name isn't Iris (and even then it's cheap).

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I expect May to somehow be retrying Hoenn contests and Max is still stuck with her without the Ralts yet.
Please do not give that poor Ralts to Max. It deserves better.

Honestly I think I'd rather the character not change at all than seeing a character get the most ridiculous buff ever in the same amount of 'time' (yea I'm talking about the vine girl). Idk why it's so hard for producers/writers not to work on the extremes lol

Years and generations have gone by since DP. No excuse to be practically the same as when you left the show. The pokegirls are not all the same in terms of skill level and talent but SOMETHING should've changed with Dawn after all this time. She flopped.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Vine girl was announced champion 7 months ago and you’re still pressed. It’s funny because she was arguably the most powerful Pokegirl BEFORE they even announced she would be the Champion in BW2. I wish people would stop comparing Iris and Dawn. It’s giving the vibe “you can do good but not better than me”. So what if Dawn has “little” progression towards her goal or not a lot of focus on it. She’s still appeared more than Iris has and got more screen time. Additionally we’ve spent years hearing the rhetoric that Iris was never returning because she was “unpopular” and ratio of her returning as champion was the icing on the cake. In conclusion stop complaining and be happy Dawn has had the most appearances in this anime of any returning companions.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode was enjoyable but it did have some things that rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I'll just take it character by character.

Ash
He was pretty well rounded in this episode. He was sweet by bringing Dawn food to cheer her up and the way he introduced Chloe to Cynthia was nice. He showed his experience by mentioning Ultra Wormholes and brainstorming with Chloe about Palkia.

Goh
Goh's priorities were on point, which I like. Dawn was in trouble and he never brought up his obsession with catching Pokémon upon arriving to Sinnoh. He was smart and worked well with Dawn to deduce what was occuring. He battled TR with Inteleon which was nice.

Chloe
Seeing her interact with Ash one on one was refreshing. While Ash's loud nature did make her get the anime sweatdrop once, she did smile and mention how much of a positive thinker he is. I think she found that reassuring. I like how her book reading is helping her deal with all these PokéProblems and reminded me a bit of Lillie and her "I read this in a book once" schtick but more natural.

Dawn
Dawn was Dawn. No real complaints about her character and I like how understanding she was towards BDSP Dawn. I'm not gonna complain that neither Buneary or Quilava evolved, but I am side eyeing the fact that she didn't capture any new members in her travels around Hoenn, Unova, and Johto. I mean it could still be a thing and maybe she only had her original team on her party and the rest of her team could be at Professor Rowan's lab. I'm choosing to remain optimistic against all odds.

Oh yeah, Piplup is still a brat. It deserved to get captured this time.

Cynthia
It's cool that she was at Canalave Library as she does spend time there in the games. It was nice to see her have a Kommo-o as Alolan Pokémon are rare to see outside that region. Hopefully she gets to something in the next part. Also, Pikachu really likes her. He has Cynthia senses. I laughed when she ignored Eevee and just petted Pikachu.

Team Rockets
Both are pretty boring ngl. Yes, Competent form Meowth used Dark Pulse and that's the only positive but it just reminds you of how weak the main series Meowth is. Also... what in the Hellgar was that random portal that appeared on cue in the tree.

Also, speaking of plot conveniences, it's so easy to forget since JN just skips over the transportation scenes in certain episodes. I like to think that Ash and Chloe rode on Dragonite to get to Canalave City FROM all the way in Twinleaf Town because there was not even a mention on how they got there.

Also... BDSP Dawn was in Twinleaf Town and BDSP Ash was in Canalave City. Do these two know each other in this universe?