• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Winter Special #2! Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I know PM is endearing the series closer to game in style but man the game version of eggs are so ugly….I really miss the unique style a ton. Desiging unique models for each egg always felt like a case of game limitations in design and work that the anime did a lovely job expanding on.

Togepi_Egg.png

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I know PM is endearing the series closer to game in style but man the game version of eggs are so ugly….I really miss the unique style a ton. Desiging unique models for each egg always felt like a case of game limitations in design and work that the anime did a lovely job expanding on.

Togepi_Egg.png
I can't even see that Picture you posted and I already know it looks a lot better than what JN does with eggs

D

Deleted member 384931

So let me get these straight:

Base Meowth has two branched evolutions one its Persian and the other one is Talking Meowth
Um no idea. Apparently Meowth loses the ability to speak when it gets younger?

I am sorry but what was the point of regular Team rocket here? Got the same vibes from the Necrozma arc: just to be here, nothing more, nothing else

Last edited by a moderator:

Decidueye23

Cant wait for them to bring back Dawn again, and do literally nothing with her character at all. This series is hoing out of tis way to promote sinnoh while galar gets treated so horribly although SWSH are faar faar superior than BDSP. Like i love Dawn, but you eithrr make a return about her, or just dont. had enough of her. At this point cilan would get me more excited and he is my least favourate out of them all.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Wouldnt Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit been a solution too? I mean Dawn and Satoshi still have the connection?
It would have, but again, the timing and pacing of the episode wouldn’t allow for that. That would take an episode or two to set up and resolve. That resolution would also give them a reason to bring Brock back too.

D

Deleted member 384931

It would have, but again, the timing and pacing of the episode wouldn’t allow for that. That would take an episode or two to set up and resolve. That resolution would also give them a reason to bring Brock back too.
I mean the episode was decent, but all the action was in the second part and it went all so quickly. It made my head hurt tbh. And Arceus was nice, but it didnt feel the right solution to me.

Thesnowmander11

1179.jpg

Winter Special #2! Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!

Ash, Goh, Chloe and Dawn are in the other world and are hunting down the Team Rocket who took their Pokémon. However, they learned that Pokémon are returning to their pre-evolved forms and eggs. Thinking Dialga and Palkia are involved, they hunt for them with their alternate counterparts. Will they be able to stop the crisis?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
It’s a good episode but i the thing that bothers me is how once again we don’t get a proper goodbye from dawn like bruh

GMax Helios

It wouldnt be too hard to do so in my opinion. And it would fit.
It wouldn't be hard to do because it's freaking Goh. He already stole the role of a much more interesting character from the games, why stop there? In fact, speaking of said character, when are we going to see him? Actually, scratch that, are we even gonna see him? I had this exact same question during Sun and Moon if Hau was gonna ever appear, but now I'm thinking it'll be lucky if Hop is even name dropped before Journeys meets its conclusion. And he's the freaking monarch's sibling, yet not even Leon has mentioned him yet?! Great, now I'm thinking back to when there actually was a friend of the companion who underwent character development and made me like him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's very surreal that all Lucario did was being kidnapped and held hostage. Who thought this was any better than it doing something.

And I'm pretty sure Inteleon was thin enough to slip through those bars.
Probably because we're gonna we her once again. Probably around when Arceus comes out. JN is airing during Sinnoh based releases so she'll pop up again I'm sure
...In a month? That's way too soon.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
As nice as this episode was, I find it difficult to think that JN090 can be Dawn's last appearance. There is no progress from her at all. I still believe that she will return again, with Legends Arceus around the corner, she has a chance. Just change her outfit, evolve Quilava and Lopunny or give her Alcremie.

I would personally like if Koharu does contests and Dawn becomes her rival. She defeats Koharu on the Grand Festival, becoming a Top Coordinator, inspiring Koharu to work towards her dream.

I feel disappointed only because during DP, Dawn was the companion with the best development ever, yet after DP she has the worst handling. It's like they don't know what to do, while all it takes is a contest. Bring them back, damn.

DeltaGod770

Welp, looks like all my doubts last episode about the writers being able to explain and resolve all this properly ended up becoming true. Ironically, this arc just highlights the same issues I have with BDSP in general regarding its half-effort attempts at handling Sinnoh's mythology.

The Sinnoh legendaries are supposed center around the concept of balance yet Dialga and Palkia are kidnapped and not a single of them interfere until the gang at the last minute have to pray to get Arceus' lazy butt to actually do anything. Not even a mention of lake trio, from which the Red Chain was originally constructed from, or Girantina.

As for the characters themselves...meh. Like what was actually gained from this arc? Dawn continues to be nothing but mere nostalgia pandering. Compared to past returning Gary or Iris, she leaps and bounds falls behind in any ounce of growth as a character.

Honestly, this whole debacle was just one big nothing-burger of an event that I wish I had of just skipped. All of all, these two episodes just really didn't impress me at all and I'm just ready to move on. I'm glad for those that did find things to enjoy from it though. 5/10

Last edited:
I'll write a semi-larger review, but besides some specific cute and funny moments that were fleeting, this episode in its totality wasn't really enjoyable to watch. It was better than the prior episode, but just fundamentally dull.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Who am I kidding?

If we got this version of Koharu who is a nerdy hacker chick who is also utilizing her tech skills for battles/confrontation people would just complain because they want a designated helpless docile cute waifu character. She’s “emasculating” Satoshi, she “stole” Satoshi’s Eevee, etc.

Who am I kidding?

If we got this version of Koharu who is a nerdy hacker chick who is also utilizing her tech skills for battles/confrontation people would just complain because they want a designated helpless docile cute waifu character. She’s “emasculating” Satoshi, she “stole” Satoshi’s Eevee, etc.
Why are you shadow-boxing imaginary people? Did anyone in the thread say anything negative about AU Koharu?

I found her to be really entertaining and a highlight of the episode.