• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wired For Battle! (142)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wired For Battle!

Heading to the next town, Ash & co. discover a Scizor owned by a trainer called Shingo. Shingo claims he can use Computers to predict the outcome of battles. Can Ash prove him wrong?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

D

Dexie

Although filler, I consider this to be one of the worthwhile Johto episodes....

....trust me, there ain't a lot. >>

The Heracross vs. Scizor battle at the end goes down in my book as one of the top 10 battles of the series.

F

Factory Head Noland

That was an awesome battle!

Have you noticed the difference between Shingo's Scizor's Metal Claw attack and Gary's Scizor's Metal Claw attack?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yep, this was one solid filler. Shingo was a cool guy and the battle was one of the best ever in the show. Scizor and Heracross are both really cool.^^ Not to mention the music during the battle was awesome. I also liked Mr. Muromasa and his Scizor "The Crimson Streak", it added a cool touch to have an experenced and skilled trainer like him running the training school. So there we have it, awesome pokémon, cool training school Dojo place, and a pretty good plot. Definately one of my favorite episodes.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
This is by far te best 'filler episode'. The scizor-Herracross battle was gold. Wonder what ever happened to shingo?

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't know why, but I like this episode. It's interesting to see a character who's too caught up in his computer to really pay attention to what's going on. I can definitely relate to that. :) It's also interesting that Team Rocket are able to show him up by pointing out that he doesn't even have them in his database.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Did anyone notice the sudden switch to digital animation for a brief moment during this episode? I don't know if its ever been brought up before, but it occured during the sequence that had Scizor flying across the screen in slow motion, with Ash suddenly telling Heracross to attack.
It switches back to cel when Heracross launches itself at Scizor, then switches back to digital when Scizor attempts to counter the oncoming Horn attack. I found that to be quite strange indeed.

Last edited:

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
One of the better Johto episodes (and that's saying a lot). Shingo was an interesting character, the battle between Heracross and Scizor was one of the best Johto battles overall, and Jessie seems to know jack-squat about PC care. XD

V

vulpix

this was a great episode.i don't like the attitude of the guy with the laptop,he got on my nerves.

B

Blaziken master

This is the episode that got me to like scizor more.I already liked heracross from the start so thats ok.The animation when scizor uses metal claw is so much better than what they used to do in this episode which is way better than sneasel's metal claw in the johto league.Anyway Ash should definetely use heracross more,its so cool!

L

lightspeed

This episode was really good, I like the part when Ash battled Shingo, it was great and Ash ended up winning it. 8/10 for this episode.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
it would be great if shingo came back in frontier and they had a rematch: scizor and Gengar vs. Sceptile and Herracross (never going to happen i must add).

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
Probably my favourite episode of the season. Scizor is one of my favourite pokemon & the battle between Scizor & Heracross was sweet. Top marks for this ep,

B

Black Leather Jacket

Anyone have any idea where I can download this episode......I really really want to see it and they don't air the old ones on tv anymore.

Gold_Generation

Johto Champion
My favourite episode ever, including favourite music and favourite battle. The only problem with this episode is a bad dub mistake. Shingo says "Finish it with false swipe".......false swipe leaves at least 1 hp so whats up with that, it wouldn't finish it at all. Oh well i really dislike flaming this episode, it is so awesome. And as you can tell by my avatar Scizor is my favourite pokemon, so of course this is going to appeal to me.

PAK Man

If Johto had more fillers like this, it would not have been as bad as it was. Ash's Heracross shined in this episode, and it's one of the last times it would get the chance to. Shingo is one of those characters I've always wanted to see again, because he was so different from the average filler character. Scizor was awesome, too. Not many Johto Pokemon got a debut this impressive, so I'm glad Scizor got one.