• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wired For Battle! (142)

Daizy

I call you honey
I loved the idea of Shingo just making up a Pokemon database full of notable trainers and it was also interesting to see a trainer become so obsessed and reliant on data rather than experience.

The dojo theme of this episode was really cool and Scizor became one of my favorite Pokemon after seeing this episode. Shingo seemed like a really smart person but in some ways he was really limited too since he was so obsessed with computer knowledge and didn't even accept that battling skills can't be predicted using algorithms until Ash defeated his Scizor with Heracross.

This episode made me realize that Ash's way of battling might actually be better than how most characters do things since he relied on instinct to defeat that big headed kid's Scizor. I really liked how he used Heracross against it too since Heracross had barely battled by this point and I always saw Scizor as Heracross's natural rival. I thought that the kid's decision to stop relying on his computer's data was a good lesson and I wish he had become a rival for Ash. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I really liked how he used Heracross against it too since Heracross had barely battled by this point and I always saw Scizor as Heracross's natural rival.

If I remember right, Hassam was often shown along with Heracross in various early Gen II promotional material, so I also assumed that they were meant to be counterparts, although I don't know if that's what led the writer of this episode to have them battle each other. It might've just been a coincidence.

Shingo is an awesome character (he reminds me of Paul) and Scizor is awesome too! Heracross is very strong! We were robbed writers, robbed, of another battle between them.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
My headcanon is that Shingo along with AJ and Katie were all prototypes of the eventual rival Paul.

-Putting pokemon through a strict training regimen

-Using data on a laptop to predict the outcome of a battle

-Heavily using status moves and cleverly switching out for type advantage