• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wired For Battle! (142)

Shaara

<3~
Definately my favourite Johto episode. It taught a good moral and had quite a bit of humour as well: Jessie's confusion with Shingo's computer ("what does download mean?"), Ash's frustration at his evaluation ("You're a rank 'C' trainer. You make rash decisions and rely mostly on your hunches."), etc. I loved how Ash taught Shingo that there was more to battling than calculating data, and seeing Scizor in battle was awesome too. Great episode.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
This is the ep I've been desperate for someone to put on youtube...

Very good one, Scizor was awesome, and the battle was great too, nice time to just watch one my my favorite bug pokemon in action

Battra

A funny filler episode I liked Jessie's idea of "downloading", and the battle between Scizor and Heracross was pretty nice.

pokemon fan 132

Another very nice episode.I remember the first time when i watched it and i liked it a lot.Meeting someone who is more into computers focusing more on batling with help of them instead of usual way was pretty cool and unique.Shingo was a cool and interesting character and this was a great episode to debut Scizor.

The battle between Heracross and Scizor was absolutely amasing with Ash winning,one of the better ones for sure.We should really get to see more of Ashs Heracross,he is a great pokemon.

Torpoleon

Shingo reminds me of my rother. Both Computer Geeks. I liked this episode of course Ash won.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
This was a great episode. Scizor is an awesome pokemon and it had a great debut. Shingo got on my nerves throughout the whole episode. Saying that he doesn't even need to battle to win a match because of his data...although it probably was a pretty cool program. I am glad that Ash won, and glad he used Heracross. I believe that this was its first major pokemon battle...I could be wrong though. Either way, he should use it more. I also noticed that Shingo told his Scizor to finish the battle using False Swipe. False Swipe leaves a pokemon with 1 hp. And it was funny to see Jessie's total lack of computer knowledge.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ah, I remember this kid. I liked the mathematical approach to battling, which is kind of how it is these days in the Competitive Battling scene - IV's, damage calcs, stuff like that.

I also remember that stupid quote. "You never know when False Swipe will finish off your Pokémon!"

gpt11

i dont remember that quote?? lol i remember " remember with pokemon you cant predict anything!!"

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode.
Scizor was strong, but Heracross was much stronger.
And i loved how Ash beat that kid, Shingo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Loved it. It started out with a Scizor randomly attacking Ash and Pikachu. There was almost a fight and I wish Ash had caught it if it had been wild :/

As for the geek with the laptop, he reminds me of myself lol. I think his knowledge of trainers and their Pokemon got to his head and made him think battling was pointless because he could counter their strategy.

I'm glad Heracross battled because it hadn't gotten much attention since it's capture. 9/10

RickHoenn

Banned
This episode was an amazing filler, I loved that computer stuff back at the time, and how Jessie was so clueless, lol, the battle between Heracross & Scizor was great, Ash tought a lesson to that arrogant trainer. :p

10/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This was definitely one of the best episodes of Johto. Heracross shows off its true strength and Scizor got a great debut.

Scizor becomes overused as all hell later on in the series though.

Vernikova

Champion
I enjoyed his episode. Scizor was really cool and the battle at the end was really great. Jessie's lack of computer knowledge made me laugh a little too especially when she tried to download the information from the computer.