• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wired For Battle! (142)

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
This episode had it's fair share of failure.

Hate how Heracross defense was "ZOMG" good according to the data. It was nothing special.

False swipe as a finisher? On a guy that basically lives on the computer? Horrible.

Oh, and never mind that. Lol Quick Attack did half Heracross Health in one hit. Then it pelts ash with stronger attacks, yet Heracross somehow can tank it? BS, much?

I liked the message, but badly handled. They should have had Ash utilize Shingo's pauses to look down.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. Heracross vs Scizor was a really cool battle. Glad to see that Shingo finally realized that using the computer isn't the best way to truly battle, and he actually spent part of the battle without it!

70/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was very cool. Heracross vs Scizor was especially cool. False swipes for a finsher was a bad idea.Glad Heracross got some screen time.

7/10

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I'm hoping it's dub-only that Shingo tells Brock that 'nobody' is listed on the computer. Literally, I would think Brock and Misty would be near the top of the list of potent trainers...they were gym leaders...

iraqmaster

I'm hoping it's dub-only that Shingo tells Brock that 'nobody' is listed on the computer. Literally, I would think Brock and Misty would be near the top of the list of potent trainers...they were gym leaders...

Technically, in the anime, Misty's sisters are the gym leaders, not her...

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Technically, in the anime, Misty's sisters are the gym leaders, not her...

He also mentioned Brock though. And he obviously was a Gym Leader so that guys data was clearly lacking.

It's Cyndaquil!
This episode bored me a lot. It was, however, good to see that the kid eventually realises that a laptop can't achieve everything.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The battle was awesome in this episode. :sigh: Why can't they think of badass battles like this for now? Instead of ths Don crap we're having. No battles outside of that is silly.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
The battle was awesome in this episode. :sigh: Why can't they think of badass battles like this for now? Instead of ths Don crap we're having. No battles outside of that is silly.

This battle was pretty dull. Lots of pauses and action stopping, and horribly written and the logic in it made no sense.

The Don Battles>Extremely badly written fights.

Blessed

Team Rocket imagining themselves as entering the high tech world was hilarious. The battle with Heracross and Scizor was so good, I also love how Pikachu was on Misty's arm during that time! Jessie's definition of downloading is by stealing the laptop was priceless.

Last edited:
Team rocket imagining themselves as entering the high tech world was hilarious. The battle with Heracross and Scizor was so good I also loved how pikachu was on Misty's arm during that time! LOL Jessie downloading by actually stealing the laptop.

You are right. And we both know why Pikachu was with Misty: Professor Oak said Pokemon copy the behavior of their trainers. This is a PokeShipping hint, and I love that. I know you do as well.

I also loved seeing Heracross getting some more focus, he got so little screen time...

7threst

I absolutely agree with the majority here that this episode stands out as one of the best filler episodes out of Johto. The awesome introduction of Scizor (beast of a Pokémon), the battle between Heracross and Scizor, the character of Shingo and a lot of other interesting stuff made this episode jam-packed with excitement.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This battle was pretty dull. Lots of pauses and action stopping, and horribly written and the logic in it made no sense.

What episode were you watching? This episode was pure gold. It wasn't rushed and the boy was super arrogant but he wasn't mean just competitive which this show needs now.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I enjoyed this episode, although "FINISH IT OFF WITH FALSE SWIPE!" was pretty stupid (can't remember if it was Ash or the guy with the laptop). If it was the computer guy, shame on him, you'd think he'd have done False Swipe research.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
What episode were you watching? This episode was pure gold. It wasn't rushed and the boy was super arrogant but he wasn't mean just competitive which this show needs now.

Sorry, but no.

Ash paused in the middle of battle to such a degree that the main gimmick(not being able to look on the computer while fighting) didn't even make sense. Then we get into the fact that a single Quick Attack took out half of Heracross health, yet it survives a ton of moves afterwards.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Sorry, but no.

Ash paused in the middle of battle to such a degree that the main gimmick(not being able to look on the computer while fighting) didn't even make sense. Then we get into the fact that a single Quick Attack took out half of Heracross health, yet it survives a ton of moves afterwards.

This to me was actually the only episode I really liked in this saga and that's saying alot since I'm not a Johto fan. But say whatever you want, but I liked it.:D

I liked this episode. The kid was annoying with his laptop, but it's okay. I'm the same with my laptop. But, Jessie's lack of intelligence with computers was too funny.

Jessie : *Pulling cord*
James: What are you doing?
Jessie: What does it look like I'm doing? I'm downloading his data.

MattySadler

Mint episode man, Shingo was a good character and it was nice to see him rediscover his passion for Pokemon and battling (who couldn't after that battle!?). With many of these one-off characters its just a shame he didn't appear again

SimH8

One of my favourite episodes and definately one of the best fillers. The characters were cool, the moral was good and Scizor vs Heracross is an awesome match up.