• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wired For Battle! (142)

NPT

Just a member
I think This was one of the best Johto episodes, because this was an episode focusing on battles. It's funny when Misty kept yelling at Muramasa after his Scizor comes out of nowhere and encounters them, this time Brock had to drag her away.
This episode's COTD Shingo annoyed me with his oversmart talk throughout the episode, I didn't like how he Said that he dosen't need to battle to win a match because he has his computer data.....*faceplam*.
I am glad that Ash defeated him and taught him a lesson. Heracross did great in the battle, I liked how it used Horn Attack and sent Shingo's Scizor flying. This time Ash actually proved what he wanted to prove, unlike the disappointing Marathon episode from the Sinnoh saga.

For some reason this episode reminded me of that lack & White episode with Skyla and her "air battles".

"FINISH IT OFF WITH FALSE SWIPE!'

Okay, have fun with that!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I enjoyed Scizor's debut here; it was always one of my favorite Johto Pokemon, so I was originally really excited when it showed up here. Seeing Ash's Heracross battling a competent trainer was great as well and this was one of the few times where I thought that Ash's bond with his Pokemon was enough to win a battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Misty got mad at Muramasa for letting his Scizor attack them ha ha. Shingo was so arrogant however and I didn't like how he used his laptop to predict battles, but I was proud of Heracross beating his Scizor. :]

JudySpell

Banned
This episode set a bad example because it made it seem like stats and logic meant nothing and that Ash's maverick battle style was better. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This episode set a bad example because it made it seem like stats and logic meant nothing and that Ash's maverick battle style was better. 5/10

I think the point was that computer statistics just can't compare with actual battles. Ash won cuz his Heracross put in hard work and that was enough to defeat Scizor. ^^;

UmbrionKnight

Although filler, I consider this to be one of the worthwhile Johto episodes....

....trust me, there ain't a lot. >>

The Heracross vs. Scizor battle at the end goes down in my book as one of the top 10 battles of the series.

I keep seeing people say "but this is good for a filler" on so many of them. I'm pretty sure that people just jumped on a bandwagon that says "Johto is bad".

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
That tech nerd Shingo was a cool guy because it was good to see a character who's too caught up in his computer to pay attention to what's going on. The battle with Scizor and Heracross was one of the best ever in the Johto saga.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Shingo seemed vain, but underneath it all I'm sure he was just a practical trainer even if his methods seems questionable.

Yea even tho he seemed too full of himself and confident in his computer data, he was simply being pragmatic I suppose. In some ways he was the anti-Ash and I kind of wish he had become Ash's rival. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
Muramasa had a very hardcore sensei vibe going on. He was a calm character, although his student Shingo was hot-headed and arrogant in the extreme. He reminded me of the G/S/C rival, and I was stunned by Satoshi's Heracross when he defeated Shingo's Hassam with a barrage of attacks.

ZilverLox

Banned
Shingo was a cool guy and the battle was one of the best filler matches ever in the show. Scizor and Heracross are both really cool, not to mention the music during the battle was awesome! The only problem with this episode is a bad dub mistake when Shingo sayid "Finish it with False Swipe." False Swipe leaves at least 1 HP iirc, so what's up with that?

I rewatched this episode because I hadn't seen it in years and saw someone mentioned it somewhere a few weeks ago and wow... I forgot how great this episode truly is! I completely agree with the others that are saying that Heracross vs. Scizor is one of the best filler battles in the whole show. The strategy was great, Shingo's character development throughout was nice, Ash showing his competence was nice, and it was just all around great. The comedy in Pokemon can also be really stale, but the technology jokes throughout the episode were so refreshingly hilarious and brought a smile to my face. Having seen BW a lot more recently, it was also very similar to Skyla's air battles. I don't mind the similarity, though, for two reasons. They were done three sagas apart, so there was ample time between them. Additionally, they were different and I love each of their unique qualities. They both stem from cockiness, but yet they're different. Shingo's laptop obsession was amusing and caused him to calculate moves. Skyla, on the other hand, just used type advantages in her head to determine outcomes. I like that Ash was the key to causing both of them to change their ways (and while Cilan vs. Skyla is a wonderful battle imo, I'm still so sad he lost and Stunfisk didn't get a win).

I might go so far as to say it's my favorite Johto episode.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The only problem with this episode is a bad dub mistake when Shingo sayid "Finish it with False Swipe." False Swipe leaves at least 1 HP iirc, so what's up with that?

Eh, he meant that he wanted the match to end. I don't think it was a mistake, just odd phrasing.

Vipsoccermaster

Great Johto filler episode! The battle between Heracross and Scizor was great, and it's also good to see Shingo battling on his own, without the use of his computer. Team Rocket's knowledge about computer technology was hilarious.

Jessie: What does "download" mean?

Heracross Vs. Scizor seemed flimsy, as in I didn't think Ash's Heracross was deserving of the win. I didn't like the Scizor dude's attitude either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Having seen BW a lot more recently, it was also very similar to Skyla's air battles. I don't mind the similarity, though, for two reasons. They were done three sagas apart, so there was ample time between them. Additionally, they were different and I love each of their unique qualities. They both stem from cockiness, but yet they're different. Shingo's laptop obsession was amusing and caused him to calculate moves. Skyla, on the other hand, just used type advantages in her head to determine outcomes.

I did feel that Shingo's methods in this episode were somewhat similar to Fuuro's, although in Shingo's case, he was just more technical about battling and didn't want to waste his time on needless challenges, unlike Fuuro who mostly avoided battling because she wanted more time to enjoy her passion for flying.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Scizor being owned by the school's master was enough, so Shingo should've had a different Pokemon. Funny how this was Heracross's only major win in Johto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Shingo's calculated manner of selecting his strategies made him seem like a Shinji prototype, except that in Shingo's case here, he seemed more lazy than Shinji since he didn't want to involve himself in what he considered to be tedious conflicts.