• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wireless adaptor not working

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I just bought a used wireless adaptor, and I'm struggling with installing the driver for it.

http://support.sagem-communications...php?page=driver&prd=WL5061SDongleWiFi&pays=uk
Here's the driver I need.

I've installed the "Utility" but whenever I try to open it, nothing happens. At all. I don't know how to get it to open. I looked at task manager and there IS a process for the utility that's running, but it's pretty much useless since I can't physically do anything with it.

I've also copied the driver files onto a flash drive from an internet-enabled computer onto the desktop I'm trying to install the adaptor on, and then manually went into the Devices and Printers settings to make it read the files that are on the flash drive, but it keeps saying "Driver information cannot be found" or something like that.

The dongle was supposed to come with an installation CD, but seeing as how it was used, it didn't. How am I supposed to get this thing to work now?

Last edited:

Ammako

Seeing as I have to re-install WiFi as well, I'll go throught the steps with you.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp
Get the latest WiFiReg from there.

From there, when it is downloaded, start setup.exe (the icon showing a usb connector with a pc screen)
It will ask you to plug in the wifi connector after a moment. Do so.

Once it is done, a wifi icon should appear on the bottom right of the screen. Click on it.
Go in your wifi compatible game and go to nintendo wifi connection setup.
Click on "Nintento Wi-Fi Connection Settings" and click "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector"
Then you click OK and right then, on the WiFiReg.exe, it should show your DS' nickname.
Right click it and select "Allow."

You should then do a connection test to see if it works.
Please note you might need to deactivate your firewall for it to work properly.

As for myself... I have one question regarding that.
I made it so my firewall would accept WiFiReg.exe, but even when it's authorized, it still won't let me connect to Wi-Fi.
If I want to connect, I have to completely deactivate the firewall.

Last edited:

Ammako

Then why does the URL says "DongleWiFi"?
I couldn't load the page, so I assumed it was wifi adaptor for that reason.