• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wireless Power Transmission

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Wouldn't we have to redirect planes and such to avoid flying over the receptor sites? Because otherwise the plane would block the energy and we would have an insta-blackout for however large an area a single receptor site powers.

Not really Tesla created a tower in the 40's that powered a Lightbulb 5 miles away with planes flying overhead (Military planes) and did not effect anything

Wouldn't we have to redirect planes and such to avoid flying over the receptor sites? Because otherwise the plane would block the energy and we would have an insta-blackout for however large an area a single receptor site powers.

Passenger planes travel at around 750 feet per second so you're talking about a fraction of a second of power reduction. In other words the lights might flicker.

Not really Tesla created a tower in the 40's that powered a Lightbulb 5 miles away with planes flying overhead (Military planes) and did not effect anything

No he didn't. Tesla was dead by the early 1940s and I don't see any proof of him doing anything on that scale. Can you back up this claim?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody

Stop making stuff up, dude. Now I KNOW you ain't credible.

Not really a tesla coil can power a elementry classroom full of kids without harming anyone.
Its not the voltage but the amparage that kills

Actually, that's pretty much false, too. You can't have high voltage with out high amps. I'm quite sure the kids would be safe, because they are grounded, or they're frayed. I'm not sure what would happen to the kids, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Passenger planes travel at around 750 feet per second so you're talking about a fraction of a second of power reduction. In other words the lights might flicker.

No he didn't. Tesla was dead by the early 1940s and I don't see any proof of him doing anything on that scale. Can you back up this claim?
http://www.starwaysnews.com/Connections/archive%20newsletter%20pages/DiamondStar-SpringsBlessings2008.htmlThis link says he did it, just not the date (1899?). Read the second paragraph second column.

I've been wanting wireless electricity since the Game Boy Color was out. Imagine a game system that never ran out of power! Your Wii remotes (and other wireless controllers) would never run out of juice again!

I've been wanting wireless electricity since the Game Boy Color was out. Imagine a game system that never ran out of power! Your Wii remotes (and other wireless controllers) would never run out of juice again!

This is reasonable to imagine seeing in the next few years. There's already some phones on the market that have wireless battery chargers.

NeosKing

I love how this started to be a joke thread, and became a serious topic.
But nonetheless, this a topic that is decades away of reality. Plus it would cost more money then the U.S has to even start getting more into, lets focus on how we are gonna fix the gas shortage and the economy before come to this. But then again, this could fix the gas shortage if what everyone here saying is possible.

Karpi

Forever a pirate

I forgot planes travel so fast lol... I don't know why I imagined a big giant plane slowly drifting across the sky when that never happens...