• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

wirelessly connecting laptop to home theater system

Misdreavus

used Perish Song!
I'm looking to watch videos from my laptop on my TV and listen to music from my laptop through my stereo. I have a HDMI-DVI cable for the video and a phono-RCA cable for the audio, but I would like to do it wirelessly. I read this page about Intel Wireless Display, and since I am about to get a new laptop, I could certainly get one with the Intel Wireless Display feature (and buy an adapter). However, I've read that there is a lag with IWD, which I'd like to avoid if possible. Is IWD still the best option for me, or is there something better that has no lag?

I'd like to have the best quality possible, which would be HDMI to my TV and SPDIF to my stereo (the IWD adapter that I'm looking at supports both).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
With wireless video/sound there is almost a 100% chance for lag. Unless your planning on spending 100's of dollars for the best equipment out there, it's best to go with IWD.

Misdreavus

used Perish Song!
With wireless video/sound there is almost a 100% chance for lag. Unless your planning on spending 100's of dollars for the best equipment out there, it's best to go with IWD.
Okay, thanks. Just out of curiosity, what sort of expensive lag-free equipment are you referring to?