• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wish Upon A Starshape! (248)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Wish Upon A Star Shape

Heading to Blackthorn City, Ash & Co. see a shootign star. They notice its the UFO they saw in Viridian City a few years ago and see something fall from it...a Cleffa. Ash & Co. decide to help it get back to its Clefairy bretheren. Can they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the PMC. :) It's interesting to see a group of bad guys who start out as semi-rivals of Team Rocket, then end up joining forces with them when they run out of equipment. I also really liked Phanpy and Cleffa's relationship in this episode, they were so cute together. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Sorry to double-post, but it's been six months since my first post, so it's probably okay.

I watched this episode again last night to gear myself up for Ken and Mary's return this weekend in "Crazy as a Lunatone". I definitely can't wait to see them again. When I saw the pictures for this episode last year, it didn't look like the PMC and Team Rocket had teamed up again, but whether they do or not it should be interesting to see them have a reunion. I'm hoping for more future appearances by Ken and Mary. They're kind of on the borderline between being good and bad guys- good because they're doing research and not so much going after the pokemon for evil means, and bad because they won't let others stand in their way. I hope they will be back.

R

Robert

This was a pretty good episode. PMC was okay, but they're chant of their name got a bit annoying. It was also a bit odd for them to have giant robot parts in a suit case. Plus, James commented how they can't afford stuff like that, when TR uses all sorts of mechs. Otherwise, it was an entertaining episode.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Dude. PMC is like...me and Alfonso. And the guy looks like Toshiki wtf. :0

I need to actually watch this ep :< Just cuz. PMC, yo.

This episode was kind of cute, I guess.

I haven't seen the PMC at all yet, so this was my introduction(and rightfully so, since this IS the first episode they're in). They have a lot of cool machines, but they re-used the same building animation every time.

Phanpy and Cleffa's relationship was really touching. Not to mention Phanpy actually had a big role, which is cool IMO.

This beats the old episode by a lot, IMO. It was rather dull and totally out there. At least now they made it make some sense with the 'problems operating it' thing. They're little Clefairies, they shouldn't be able to operate it.

Anyone find it ironic that Cleffa evolved during one of the saddest moments of its life? I mean, it's supposed to evolve because of happiness, but it evolved right when its heart was torn in two :rolleyes: Brock had a nice explanation of its evolution though, and it did make sense. It was just the timing that seemed strange:p.

At some points in this episode, Phanpy sounded just like Cleffa o_0

Phanpy's determination to get Cleffa back where it belonged was sweet. It could've been killed a number of times, but it kept going anyway.

Heh, the PMC and TR sniping at each other was golden:D.

Overall rating:
8.3 out of 10
Nice episode. Cool for a Johto Filler, mainly because of abundant Cleffa and Phanpy scenes.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that the relationship that developed between Cleffa and Phanpy was really sweet. Especially since Phanpy basically saved Cleffa's life. I liked the little rivalry going on between Team Rocket and The Pokemon Mystery Club (PMC). I thought it was neat that we were able to see all of the same Clefairy that were in "Clefairy Tales". I also liked how the Clefairy stealing items from Team Rocket to help rebuild their ship. I was sad when Cleffa got left behind from its family, and it surprised me that it evolved. However, Brock did explain that the relationship it had with Phanpy could have caused it.

I've seen the PMC in houenn! I didn't know there in this episode. I love the cleffa. Cleffa is the cutest pokemon in the world! I remember those clefairy from season 1.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Those PMC guys were the best. They're like Team Rocket only funnier.

Glad Phanpy got some character development with that Cleffa, though it wasn't enought to save it from it's fate.

I've seen too many Fairy episodes to find this one too refreshing :/ 4/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was really cool see Cleffa for the 1st time. The ending was great where Cleffa evolved into Cleffairy because of its friendship with every1, especially Phanpy to be able to get back into the spaceship.

30/100