1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by JetshipperKekkaishi, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetshipperKekkaishi

JetshipperKekkaishi New Chapter

Welcome to the Wishfulshipping Discussion Thread

What is Wishfulshipping, you may be asking?
    Well, Wishfulshipping is the belief that the characters Cilan and Iris are or will be involved in a romantic relationship.
    Here, you can discuss their interactions, hints, and their relationship as a whole. ​

Rules

1. All SPPF Rules apply
    2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
    3. No Multi Posting! Simply edit your previous post.
    4. Stay On Topic! Yes, people may stray away from the main subject. Please make sure your post involves Pearlshipping.
    5. No One Liners! If your post contains only one line, it is considered SPAM. Please explain more when posting
    6. Off Topic Limit! This is supposed to be a Wishfulshipping discussion thread, right?
    7. Respect Each Other! That's the key to a clean discussion. If you bash or flame anyone, that will not be tolerated.
    8. If you post a fanart, make sure you give credit to the artist or post a link to where you got it from.
    9. Use Spoiler Tags if needed! It's really not necessary though as the thread's title does have SPOILER WARNING in the title. But if you feel its necessary, then please do so.
    10. Follow the Shippers Community Rules!

Our Wishfulshipping Family
    Pearlmasterking(owner)
    xxGlassRosexx Co Owner
    ice wolf 146 Co owner
    00poke_maniac Co Owner
    ben pokemon
    Skiyomi
    Vycksta
    Toran Frostbite
    GalladeX
    UDI
    SuaveSquirtle
    Rissychan
    00poke_maniac
    Bryony
    ForeverFlame
    FullMetalAlchemic
    Mayfan
    Silver Seoul
    White Wizard
    PeachyKeenx088
    The 4th KIRA
    allaboutthecut
    DarkDialga
    Darkxninga
    Naminesky
    rioT6296
    Espeon 114x
    CoordinatingMaster
    *HikariDawn*
    Oceanus119
    Stardust
    pearlshipper101
    Pseudo-Unlegendary
    Shadow Milotic
    adrenaline
    ~SkyHigh~
    neominitail
    pokefan#493
    ChicaMusica
    Gaiash
    Ashist_Wilketch
    Sphealpuff
    KKInu
    FlyingEevee
    garfield15
    AikoHanami
    Tykira
    Vaaskun
    Raikar
    ObliviousCatastrophe
    jesspikapal
    Kirika
    CupidKirby
    Suicune720
    MuffinPaula
    Zekshirom
    TouyaXHaremPerson
    Egitim
    XxMaymist
    magikarprules
    SoulDialga
    SilentStormfall
    Minteh
    Zomgible
    Meowth City
    Rat2rrj
    xErychan
    AbsolXWolf
    ChoronekoLuver13
    Crystal-Rock
    midnightjewelz
    Adelaide1994
    lokoduro
    Kynia
    TheRibbonedCubchoo
    lightgiver
    watericedragon​

FanFiction
    Joined Hands of Fate [T] - FanFiction ​

Banners/Fanart
    Please give credit to the people who made the following graphics!

Banners​

None so far

Fanart

Denai

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. Janovy

Janovy Banned

You might wanna wait until we get more info on them or some actual art? :p
    BTW, your link is invalid. You have one http too much.

FIXED: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YGXfbLC6z...1600/Screen+shot+2010-07-23+at+3.39.01+PM.png

3. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

Personally, I'm alright with starting this up early on. Same principle as the Ash x Iris thread really accept... well, more unknown.

What I'm not okay with is the state of the first post. Let's see some definition of the pairing, perhaps some reasoning behind it and discussion questions. To be more specific, I don't want to see a bland "Do you like it?" question because that can be answered yes/no. I know we're mostly running on speculation, but if you can't do better than what we've already got then this thread will be closed.

4. Vycksta

Vycksta Well-Known Member

No, I disagree. I'm fine with this thread being as it is for now. It's a brand new ship, it needs new supporters, it needs a NAME. The very first Pearlshipping thread started like this, as did the first Appealshipping, the first Comashipping... in fact ALL the first threads on the mainstream D/P ships. I'm willing to be lenient, like I was with the Negaishipping thread (( Which now has a name, a fanbase and teasers coming up on Sunday so the first post needs changing to comply )).

Admittedly the rules need redoing, or rather tweaking, anyway. There's reasons why people go to BMGf more than here and I'm gonna crack the whip.

5. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

Alrighty. So long as we're being constructive in the mean time it's cool with me.

6. Kdude146

Kdude146 Well-Known Member

ok we need some names for this ship so I have a few ideas for a name for this ship

1. WishfulShipping
    2. YinYangShipping
    3. Name of the town they are from Shipping

I will update when we get more info

7. Toran Frostbite

Toran Frostbite Highrise Above All

Which is taken.

8. ElliotDX

ElliotDX Well-Known Member

I like the name VeeShipping. Vee being for Generation "Vee"

9. Kdude146

who has yinyangshipping

10. Vycksta

Heh, you're on the massively growing bandwagon of people who want Wishfulshipping to go for them. All I will say for now though is to hold until there's more info on "the new guy" than his shadow.

... and as already said, YinYangshipping is Lucy x Anabel. Although there's also PikeMaidenshipping so mayhaps one of them needs to be deleted.

11. JetshipperKekkaishi

Ok Sorry for the link part.But I see them great together.Im thinking on names of this ship.You guys have great ideas keep up the names and I see which one fits.

12. Toran Frostbite

Impossible to tell which came first.

13. Vycksta

Ah, one of those rare occasions where the alternates have to stay. Alrighty.

Also holy crap the Wishfulshipping bandwagon's still growing even after my telling them to cool it.

14. JetshipperKekkaishi

Hey anyone happy to become an co-owner of this thread.I mostly wont be on much so I need someone to help me with this thread.

15. Kdude146

I can help you cuz I am online a lot and we should make a online poll so far I like WishfulShipping and VeeShipping so we should get one or two more names before we make a poll

16. Vycksta

Alright guise, listen up. Now that we know what the two characters look like, as well as glimpses into their personality... any ideas for names? Currently it's a two way tie between Wishfulshipping (( The leftover name from the Negaishipping vote, although there's been talk of flinging Ash in it and making it a threesome )) and Greystokeshipping, cause of this;

Saying that it could be three way, with CultureClashshipping.

17. Toran Frostbite

The chances of people knowing what Greystoke is, is the only bit that concerns me. There will be no end to "Why Greystoke? What's Greystoke?" (For those who don't know, first three hits on Google are very telling and we suggest you check yourself). Funnily enough, as much as I don't like the name itself, it suits them very well.

Before anyone asks, no, Tarzanshipping is taken (and so is Janeshipping).

18. GalladeX

GalladeX Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest CloneFranticShipping but that seems mean...
    Anyway.

Suggestions:

DiamtericalShipping
    AntipodeShipping
    ContraShipping
    Volte-faceShipping
    VagueShipping

19. JetshipperKekkaishi

Thanks ice wolf 146 Yes you can post a poll on this thread.So I need a few more co owners.Ice wolf 146 is our first co owner of IrisXDento.

20. Vycksta

^ Dude, if there's gonna be a poll, which there will be, it will be done offsite like with the Negaishipping poll.

@ Toraphi: As said on BMGf, I truly prefer Greystokeshipping to Wishfulshipping, especially now we know a bit more about the two characters. Yet at the end of the day if enough of the fandom wish for it then... no choice but to fling it in the poll. Plus we may get better suggestions that the fandom will get easily...

You are honestly not the first.

As for your suggestions... Antipodeshipping could be seen as maybe being a little close to Antipodeanshipping, which is Newton x Zero. Possibly the same with Diametricalshipping as we have Diametricshipping for Karen x Dawn.

I feel like such a killjoy sometimes. xD;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.