• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowth City

Staff member
Happy Wishfulshipping Day!

How and where do you think Cilan would propose to Iris?
On top of the Eiffel Prism Tower. Down on one knee, hand in hand, in true romantic fashion. I wouldn't expect any less from the fabulous Cilan :3

jason0597

What was that about making an appearance in XY? Or are they just going to johto and hoenn?

Last edited:

Ms. Togekiss

Now 70% more enigma!
Hoo boy... it's been such a long time I've even been on the Serebii forums, let alone post in this thread. (Way back in February 2013!) But I got back in the mood to look up some Wishfulness and to see if this thread was still alive. Sure enough, it is! If you don't remember me, consider this my introduction! As a start, I think I'll answer the past two questions asked...

What's your favourite wishfulshipping hint?
I have a few of them, some mentioned a couple times in the thread already.
1. In "Scare at the Litwick Mansion!" Iris sounded especially scared when Cilan got hit by a Shadow Ball and almost into the vortex. She cares so much...
2. The face painting moment at Virbank Gym. We should all know about that. ^_^
3. I can't find the episode (despite watching it a few days ago, I was on a marathon) but Iris was watching Ash and Cilan, rather unamused, and she says something like "This has a bitter taste to it..." In other words, she just made a food metaphor! Looks like a certain connoisseur rubbed off on her!

Probably a little bit of both ideas of what was mentioned. He would plan this whole fancy proposal (perhaps on top of the Kalos tower?) And as he is about to get down on one knee, he starts stuttering and can't quite get the words out. Ah, what else to expect?

I have also been wanting to write something for this pairing, a one-shot either fluffy or a bit more mature, but cannot think of so much as a prompt. If you have ideas, I would like to hear them. And this time, I will actually follow up on it. It didn't work out so well the last time I posted here, heh...

Also, sorry to ask something off-topic, but I've searched the forums and can't find the answer. Is there a way to get a username change? I have many reasons to, plus I don't know if there has been rule changes since I went on my super-hiatus.

EDIT: Just noticed the sign-up sheet, so I think I will do that.
Your Username: Msr. Togekiss
What you are comfortable with making: Mostly fanfiction, though there is a rare chance that I will post a piece on fanart.
What type of gift would you prefer: I don't really have a preference, both fanfiction and fanart sound really nice.
Extra Note: I became a Wishfulshipper for a few reasons. First, I just loved Cilan as a character when I was watching through BW. I thought one day "Well, I wonder if he's paired with anyone?" I looked through and found three different ones that were popular, but the one that stood out was with Iris. I instantly loved the idea, and started looking for fanart, fanfictions, you name it.
I should mention that there is one headcanon out there that I have adopted as my own, and it was made by the user on FFN known as nyislandersgirl. Though she focuses on a lot of other shippings, she has made a nice life for these two, fanchildren and all! (If you are curious about the last bit, they are triplets named Basil, Kokum, and Sage. Fellow shipper Sage Striaton may or may not have mentioned this already, because she also is a fan of nyislandersgirl!)
Here's a Wishful oneshot by this author, if you want to check her out.

Last edited:

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Hoo boy... it's been such a long time I've even been on the Serebii forums, let alone post in this thread. (Way back in February 2013!) But I got back in the mood to look up some Wishfulness and to see if this thread was still alive. Sure enough, it is! If you don't remember me, consider this my introduction! As a start, I think I'll answer the past two questions asked...

What's your favourite wishfulshipping hint?
I have a few of them, some mentioned a couple times in the thread already.
1. In "Scare at the Litwick Mansion!" Iris sounded especially scared when Cilan got hit by a Shadow Ball and almost into the vortex. She cares so much...
2. The face painting moment at Virbank Gym. We should all know about that. ^_^
3. I can't find the episode (despite watching it a few days ago, I was on a marathon) but Iris was watching Ash and Cilan, rather unamused, and she says something like "This has a bitter taste to it..." In other words, she just made a food metaphor! Looks like a certain connoisseur rubbed off on her!

Probably a little bit of both ideas of what was mentioned. He would plan this whole fancy proposal (perhaps on top of the Kalos tower?) And as he is about to get down on one knee, he starts stuttering and can't quite get the words out. Ah, what else to expect?

I have also been wanting to write something for this pairing, a one-shot either fluffy or a bit more mature, but cannot think of so much as a prompt. If you have ideas, I would like to hear them. And this time, I will actually follow up on it. It didn't work out so well the last time I posted here, heh...

Also, sorry to ask something off-topic, but I've searched the forums and can't find the answer. Is there a way to get a username change? I have many reasons to, plus I don't know if there has been rule changes since I went on my super-hiatus.

EDIT: Just noticed the sign-up sheet, so I think I will do that.
Your Username: Msr. Togekiss
What you are comfortable with making: Mostly fanfiction, though there is a rare chance that I will post a piece on fanart.
What type of gift would you prefer: I don't really have a preference, both fanfiction and fanart sound really nice.
Extra Note: I became a Wishfulshipper for a few reasons. First, I just loved Cilan as a character when I was watching through BW. I thought one day "Well, I wonder if he's paired with anyone?" I looked through and found three different ones that were popular, but the one that stood out was with Iris. I instantly loved the idea, and started looking for fanart, fanfictions, you name it.
I should mention that there is one headcanon out there that I have adopted as my own, and it was made by the user on FFN known as nyislandersgirl. Though she focuses on a lot of other shippings, she has made a nice life for these two, fanchildren and all! (If you are curious about the last bit, they are triplets named Basil, Kokum, and Sage. Fellow shipper Sage Striaton may or may not have mentioned this already, because she also is a fan of nyislandersgirl!)
Here's a Wishful oneshot by this author, if you want to check her out.
Lol, I love that author! She gave me the inspiration for my name! Anyway I honestly didn't understand the third episode that you mentioned. Unfortunately in Italy pokemon black and white Decolora Adventures gone like a Flash. In fact, I saw in English the last three episodes and the fourth episode.

Last edited:

Ms. Togekiss

Now 70% more enigma!
Yeah... I realized as I was typing that, I didn't remember a lot of details about the episode. I just distinctly remember having to pause the episode and replay because Iris made a food metaphor, and fangirling right afterwards... *sheepish* I still don't know the exact episode, but it's one of the last 10 in Black and White, Adventures in Unova and Beyond. If I ever find it again, I'll post more details.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Hello, guys. Forgive me for not being active on here. I haven't really been active on these forums at all.

I still do ship Wishfulshipping just as much as I always have and I miss both Cilan and Iris.

I think he would do when he and Iris were to go to Kalos in Lumiose City. Since Prism Tower is based off of the Eiffel Tower, how romantic would it be if he prosed to her there? I think it would be very romantic, especially if he did it during the holidays.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hello, Wishfulshippers, do you remember me? Just dropping by to say hi.

I still do love this pairing so much, definitely is my favorite from BW and I really do miss both Cilan and Iris and I'm hoping that they both do come to Kalos during XY and we get some hints thrown in there as well.

A girl can hope, right?

How interesting would it be if they both came back during XY and told Ash they dating each other? They would be all over each other and Ash, being the dense boy that he is, would be like, "what do you mean you're relationship? What's that?" And then I would end up laughing so hard.

But to the topic at hand.

I can see Cilan planning a big proposal and wants to make the night memorable for Iris because popping the question just wouldn't be enough for him and he would go all out. He would bring her to Kalos and they would have dinner together before ending up on top of Prism tower. Then as they're looking out into Lumiose City and then Cilan would do. He would et down on one knee and ask her to marry him. Iris would be overjoyed and hastily accept.

I swear, this topic makes me want to write a one shot now haha.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hello Ery! i didn't knew that you were a WishfulShipper, i agree with you! it's my favorite BW shipping and i hope to see both again in kalos, for more WishfulShippings scenes :)

Hello to you too, Bub :) I've always been a Wishfulshipper since BW first starting airing. This is just one pairing that had cracking up. Their interactions were funny. We all know how Iris got whenever Cilan got into one of his 'tasting time' thingies. She always just cracked me up and that's another reason why I support this pairing.

Here's a topic that's been on my mind all day and I just can't resist any longer.

If both Cilan and Iris come back in XY, what kind of scenes would you like to see between them?

Well personally, I'd love if we could some more scenes of Cilan and his 'tasting time' mostly because I just love Iris reacts to it.

I think it would be interesting if they somehow got together you know, as friends *wink wink* and came to Kalos to surprise Ash. And while everyone else is sleeping, they stayed and talked the whole night about the good old times and stuff.

Never mind me, this is just my imagination running wild.

Meowth City

Staff member
Haha, I love how everyone thought of the proposal at the top of the Prism Tower. That's what I said xD

I swear, this topic makes me want to write a one shot now haha.
Funny you should say that because I have been planning for some time to write in some BW characters into my Kalos-set fanfic collection of drabbles and oneshots. Cilan has been at the top of the list because he would fit right into Kalos.

If both Cilan and Iris come back in XY, what kind of scenes would you like to see between them?
For me, I would love to see them dining at a Parisan tea room and having conversations about how beautiful everything in Lumiose is.

sage striaton

wishfulshipper4ever
Hello to you too, Bub :) I've always been a Wishfulshipper since BW first starting airing. This is just one pairing that had cracking up. Their interactions were funny. We all know how Iris got whenever Cilan got into one of his 'tasting time' thingies. She always just cracked me up and that's another reason why I support this pairing.

Here's a topic that's been on my mind all day and I just can't resist any longer.

Well personally, I'd love if we could some more scenes of Cilan and his 'tasting time' mostly because I just love Iris reacts to it.

I think it would be interesting if they somehow got together you know, as friends *wink wink* and came to Kalos to surprise Ash. And while everyone else is sleeping, they stayed and talked the whole night about the good old times and stuff.

Never mind me, this is just my imagination running wild.

Let us rekindle the conversation!

First of all, welcome Xerychan, I'm glad to know other wishfulshipper!
If both Cilan and Iris as back in the XY PLANE, what kind of scenes would you like to see between them?
Well. I Mainly would like to see Iris calls Cilan "a pain".
Then I guess I'd like to see some flashbacks of their adventure to Kalos...And then other minor evidence: physical contact, maybe?

However I think we have a very small percentage to see Cilan and Iris to Kalos together.
Brock traveled with Ash for several seasons;Cilan traveled with Ash for a single region (over the Decolora islands).
But if we want to know the truth we have to wait another year or two (?)... until that day, we can hope!

xEryChan

Demon Child
First of all, welcome Xerychan, I'm glad to know other wishfulshipper!

Well thank you but I have posted in this thread before. It's been a while though, unfortunately.

Funny you should say that because I have been planning for some time to write in some BW characters into my Kalos-set fanfic collection of drabbles and oneshots. Cilan has been at the top of the list because he would fit right into Kalos.

I have been too actually. I'm in the process of writing a one-shot that I was dared to write as a drabble but I've got so many ideas for it that it would just be too long to remain a drabble.

I do really want to write a Wishfulshipping one-shot but the problem is coming up with an idea for it. I've got like none. But I usually come up with some really strange ideas in a very weird place so I'll come up with an idea eventually. It may just take some time though.

It would be nice if they both did but I just don't really think it's going to happen eventually but hey, we can hope and dream that they both do, right?

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Hey everyone. Sorry for not posting in a long a while. It is nice to see that everyone still keep that Wishfulshipping spark still going. I need to go back into The Wishfulshipping spark by writing a fanfic or a drabble. I have to say thank you for keeping Wishfulshipping fire blazing stronger than ever. I hope to see lots of fanarts of our duo.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hey everyone. Sorry for not posting in a long a while. It is nice to see that everyone still keep that Wishfulshipping spark still going. I need to go back into The Wishfulshipping spark by writing a fanfic or a drabble. I have to say thank you for keeping Wishfulshipping fire blazing stronger than ever. I hope to see lots of fanarts of our duo.

Nice to see you again.

I've been thinking about possibly writing a Wishfulshipping one shot myself but the problem is coming up with an idea, you know what I mean? I don't know why it's so tough to think of ideas though.

I'd put a topic but I'm all out of ideas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.