• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
XDD I would love for Dento to give Iris a hug or something but I can't remember anytime any character's given a hug for that reason.

I don't recall any character hugging another character in the anime to be honest. Usually we'll see them hug their Pokemon, but I don't think they've ever hugged other humans. It's sad, since it happens regularly in other children's anime. I guess the Pokemon anime really does want to focus more on the little critters than on the humans haha. And you know what I just realized? We need more Cilan x Iris fanart. I've seen some posted on previous pages, but I haven't seen any posted recently. The anime isn't the best place for WishfulShipping, so it looks like it's up to the fans to create WishfulShipping scenarios and what better way than through fanart?

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
XDD I would love for Dento to give Iris a hug or something but I can't remember anytime any character's given a hug for that reason. They could start here jk they probably won't but it's nice to imagine :3 The ONLY thing I'd be worried about Dento singing is how it'd be handled in the dub XD I think Dento's singing would be enough to captivate any girl X3 but I'd hope his singing would work better than his sparklez. Apparently Iris is immune to them XD

-squeals- I would SOOO love to see dento giving iris a hug or at least hold or touch her hand!! Great, now you've given me more fanart ideas! xPP Ugh, just any physical contact between the two would send me off cloud nine xD lol ;199;

Hmm, I think by the time Ash finally gets a grasp on love will be the day the writers allow him to reach puberty :p But so far the only strong 'friendship' kind of love I've seen is the relationship with him and Pikachu. :surfpika:

But back to the point: Any type of cute Iris/Dento interaction is a win for me! :D ;468;

Lorde

Yeah, at this point we really shouldn't be picky when it comes to character interaction. The anime has always sort of focused on Ash and his goals, so we should be happy that Cilan and Iris get some time for themselves. They might not interact the way we want them to, but at least they talk to each other. I remember previous characters who didn't really talk to each other much. Imagine how bland the anime would be if Cilan and Iris were brainless followers. Gah, I shudder just thinking about that. I'm glad that they both have such dynamic personalities.

StarGaze

Lolwut?
XDD I would love for Dento to give Iris a hug or something but I can't remember anytime any character's given a hug for that reason. They could start here jk they probably won't but it's nice to imagine :3 The ONLY thing I'd be worried about Dento singing is how it'd be handled in the dub XD I think Dento's singing would be enough to captivate any girl X3 but I'd hope his singing would work better than his sparklez. Apparently Iris is immune to them XD

Hmm, I'd expect Dento to put his hand on her shoulder if she was to get frustrated trying to calm her down. I don't remember anyone on the main cast hugging, but it would be nice if he did. ^^

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I don't recall any character hugging another character in the anime to be honest. Usually we'll see them hug their Pokemon, but I don't think they've ever hugged other humans. It's sad, since it happens regularly in other children's anime. I guess the Pokemon anime really does want to focus more on the little critters than on the humans haha. And you know what I just realized? We need more Cilan x Iris fanart. I've seen some posted on previous pages, but I haven't seen any posted recently. The anime isn't the best place for WishfulShipping, so it looks like it's up to the fans to create WishfulShipping scenarios and what better way than through fanart?

Well Jessie and James I believe are the only ones who I've ever seen hug eachother =/ but I mean you'd think a hug wouldn't be so bad. Heck Ash got a kiss from "Latias" (still debatable I guess :p) XD Hmm I see quite a bit of Wishfulshipping on Pixiv that are quite cute :3 I'll try to post them once I figure out the posting rules (is that you need to just site the source and give credit to the person who made it?) ^.^ Also I made some of my own Wishful pictures that when I have the time I'll put it on dA.

-squeals- I would SOOO love to see dento giving iris a hug or at least hold or touch her hand!! Great, now you've given me more fanart ideas! xPP Ugh, just any physical contact between the two would send me off cloud nine xD lol ;199;
But back to the point: Any type of cute Iris/Dento interaction is a win for me! :D ;468;

XD I know! That would be soo cute :3 Yes! We need more fanart!~ Lol just if they talk I'm happy. Sometimes that's my favorite part of Ash's Gym Battles ^.^ Well battles aren't the best thing because mostly it's just explaining the moves and stuff...but oh well they are next to eachother at least :D (I like the battles too but lately Gym Battles have been boring me =/ ) I think I liked how they would sort of go and eat berries etc in the Hotachi episode XD Not only did it show that they interact but it was cute too! :) (lol I've still got my hopes up for the Cottonee episode....I think it'd be cute/funny if to show Cottonee how to get a mate if as a last resort Dento goes all Tamaki-esque and flirts with Iris. It'd be a fake flirting but it'd show he was willing to flirt with her XD *imagines people complaining about Dento "copying" Brock* Lol probably won't happen in the episode but it'd be sweet if it did XD)

Yeah, at this point we really shouldn't be picky when it comes to character interaction. The anime has always sort of focused on Ash and his goals, so we should be happy that Cilan and Iris get some time for themselves. They might not interact the way we want them to, but at least they talk to each other. I remember previous characters who didn't really talk to each other much. Imagine how bland the anime would be if Cilan and Iris were brainless followers. Gah, I shudder just thinking about that. I'm glad that they both have such dynamic personalities.

I agree. Really they do have some of the best interaction compared to Ash's other traveling buddies. I don't know if it could be my bias-Wishful eyes though, but I think Dento and Iris do have a fair amount of interaction for being Ash's sidekicks. (oh dear....I don't want to imagine them as brainless followers...Dento and Iris have such great personalities, it feels as though the writers actually planned to not make them bland. To me at least it feels like Dento and Iris are truly some of the most unique characters and I love the old characters too, don't get me wrong, but I feel that some of them were bland at times ^^; )

Hmm, I'd expect Dento to put his hand on her shoulder if she was to get frustrated trying to calm her down. I don't remember anyone on the main cast hugging, but it would be nice if he did. ^^

^^; I really can't imagine Dento hugging Iris in the actual show (even though I WANT to, but it's just something I know the writers won't pull off ^^; "BW is a REBOOT anything can happen" :p ) The hand on the shoulder I say could/should happen X3. I actually found in BW09 at the end when Dento put his hand on his heart and spoke to her gently to be really cute. It just showed how gentle he was to her :3

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
If the writers do decide on a Dento/Iris pairing who do you think would fall in love first?

I honestly hope it's Dento, he seems like the one who would fall first because Iris is so different from other girls. Then again, Iris is a tsundere, she has a good chance of falling first. It's okay if it doesn't matter to you guys though

Lorde

If the writers do decide on a Dento/Iris pairing who do you think would fall in love first?

Interesting topic. I guess that I'd want it to be Iris. We all know that Cilan is really charming, so I would want Iris to realize that and for her to start having a secret crush on him at some point. It would be really interesting to see her behavior once she starts to have feelings for Cilan. It could definitely work the other way around as well, but something about Iris falling in love first just really appeals to me more than the opposite scenario. It's just too bad that the writers don't think this way :x

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

Hmm for me I think I'd hope it'd be Dento, but really I can see it either way :)

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I tend to sort of "seperate" as of who likes who from what I see/read...=/ like:

Fanfiction- Dento
Videos- Iris
Fanart- Either one is fine. I generally draw it with Dento (or both mutual) but I've gotten some ideas for Iris though :3
Anime- I don't care who as long as SOMEONE does XDD

EDIT EDIT: And of course I right this AFTER I read "the writers" XD I had a busy day so it doesn't surprise me that I skipped over some words ^^; woops. I'll keep it up though because I put some THOUGHT into it and coz I just feel like it ^^ X3

Last edited:

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW

O.O My brain hurts just thinking about it. Yeah, I think either one would have a good chance of falling in love with the other, but I think I would lean more on Dento going first. Mostly cause I've watched a lot of fairy tale movies based on the male traveling with the female and along the way, the male starts to develop feelings for the female. //coughsstupiddisneycoughs//

Yeah like Tamaki from Ouran High school host club, I think it would be so cute if Dento would have feelings for Iris the way Tamaki had for Haruhi without even realizing it! I like to see Dento (coughs Cilan >.>) be concern about Iris and ask about her when things get tough. I also would like for them to stand close to each other when facing whatever stands against them. But that's just MY thing! :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Yeah like Tamaki from Ouran High school host club, I think it would be so cute if Dento would have feelings for Iris the way Tamaki had for Haruhi without even realizing it! I like to see Dento (coughs Cilan >.>) be concern about Iris and ask about her when things get tough. I also would like for them to stand close to each other when facing whatever stands against them. But that's just MY thing! :p

Then he (Dento) thinks his love as a father begins to grow for her XD (Is it sad I can actually see this happening?)

Lorde

When I picture Cilan falling in love with Iris, I sort of picture it taking a while for him to truly develop feelings for her. With Iris, I could see it happening pretty quickly. But with Cilan, it would be more like steps. First he'd start to warm up to her because of her happy personality. Then, he might start to notice her other traits as well, like her speed and climbing abilities. I think he would notice her actual body last, since it would seem really shallow for Cilan to focus on looks first. That's not the way I picture it since love shouldn't be about looks (at least not totally).

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
Then he (Dento) thinks his love as a father begins to grow for her XD (Is it sad I can actually see this happening?)

O.O D'oh!! I forgot the whole 'father-daughter' thing! Ok, maybe THAT was a bad example >.<

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
O.O D'oh!! I forgot the whole 'father-daughter' thing! Ok, maybe THAT was a bad example >.<

XDDD Well the way I always thought about it was that was when he began to actually love her :) ^^ So it still works XD

Washed Ashore with plot holes GALORE

Ocean waves gently lapped the shoreline. The blazing hot sun struck down harshly as Dento laid there half unconscious. A hand prodded at his shoulder and a voice called his name.
“Dento! Dento! Wake up!” Iris’s voice rang in his ears. Groggily he rose up. A sharp pain went up his arm as he tried to shift his weight. “Are you ok?” she asked frantically.
“I’m fine,” he reassured her “but…this tropical taste can’t possibly be Pallet Town, even Kanto for that matter.” He recalled how their plan was to visit Ash and his friends at a friendly reunion in his hometown. Feeling utterly exhausted he didn’t feel like challenging it and shared a glance with Iris. “So how do you think we ended up here?” Iris pondered for a moment. He stared at her, she looked miserable. Her hair was a tangled mess and mud was splotched over her face. He figured he looked just as bad but was too tired to pull out a mirror. She frowned. “I think we fell off the ship.” Sweatdropping he crossed his arms. “Now Iris I really don’t think that we--” She giggled. “Either way, we’re alive. All thanks to a Pokemon! Well actually a whole group of Pokemon! I don’t know what kind they were, I’ve never saw them before but they were really gentle.” He beamed. It was a refreshing thought to know that a non-Unova Pokemon had rescued them. That meant they must have washed up in Kanto after all. Iris sighed and flashed a worried glance. “Unfortunately, I think this island is uninhabited. I couldn’t catch any traces of people anywhere and my sixth sense wasn’t picking up anything either.” Smirking a bit and sitting up a little straighter he teased, “That‘s a relief. Looks like none of the passengers died when we fell off.” Bending over to look him straight in the eye, “Well it’s better than anything you could do Dento! All you did was just lie there unconscious humph!” She turned around to avoid his glance. He stood up to his feet and placed his hands on his hips. “Mmhm!~ The way the sun beams with a fiery bright light creates an invigorating taste! Ah, such a refine wind…the ocean breeze is truly a nostalgic scent indeed!” Iris flashed him an unenthusiastic look that seemed to read, “I can see that you’re perfectly normal.” He chuckled happily. He knew that when being on a deserted island that survival would be the easy part, especially with Iris right by his side. Thinking deeper he knew their biggest challenge would be keeping their wit straight, their spirits up and their hope sky high. The logical mind is a powerful thing, and when you lose that your world will be turned upside down.

“Here you go! Hand picked, perfectly ripe berries for you!” Iris handed him cheerfully. He smiled as he placed the basket of fruit down and finished setting the table. “Wonderful Iris, you’re a great helper--like always.” he added politely.
“Aren’t I?” she giggled then put her arms up with an exasperated sigh. “Really Dento? What’s the point of setting up a dinner table when we’re stuck on an island?” He shrugged.
“It’s simple. There isn’t a dinner table on a deserted island!” He winked and pulled out the chair for her. “Now sit down my dear Iris and relax. This will have the same nostalgic flavor of old times!” he told her merrily. She snorted.
“If you say so, Sommelier boy.” He flashed her a forced annoyed look, he knew that she secretly relished the nostalgia of traveling just as he did. Looking into her eyes he saw a hint of sadness. His stomach turned and a melancholy feeling hit him. They were supposed to be visiting Ash just then, with that same mutual feeling of nostalgia and happiness however the fickle ways of fate and the whimsy of the ocean was what had put them there. Feeling more depressed than ever he quickly fried the fresh fruit and sat down next to Iris. He looked her, she mimicked his own sadness, he could tell she was thinking the same thing he was. Thinking deeper to find a positive outlet he was glad that he had her by his side. Not because of her wild soul but because she was his closest friend. Perhaps closer…? he thought. He shook his head to clear his mind. What was he thinking? He smirked as he mused that the tropical air must have been affecting his brain.
“Is something wrong, Dento?” She inquired quietly. He forced a smile and gently poked her forehead. Her face instantly fired up in a blush as he continued. “Why not in the very least! Let’s just enjoy our meal, everything will be ok in the morning.” Tear drops began to form in the corner of her eyes and she buried her face into his vest. “How do you know? How do you know everything will be ok? We’ll never get help, we’ll never see our friends or our Pokemon again! What if--” Tears fell faster now and he cut her off. Gently, he placed his finger under her chin and stared into her worried hazel eyes.
“Iris,” he began. “You of all people should know…when relying on your instincts what you really need to rely on is what you have on hand. You have me right now. I promise you I’ll help you in every way I can. I may not have a flavor of the wilderness like you have, but I vow that I will keep your spirits held high. That might not be much but I will do it with the utmost care and honor.” To his relief Iris’s tears stopped flowing. Her voice cracked.
“Dento, I’m sorry…but everything is just so scary. The thought of losing everyone close to me I just can’t--” she broke off sobbing. No more words were exchanged, he wrapped her in his embrace; gently stroking her back. A calm aura washed against him as Iris relaxed.
“Dento, thank you…” He smiled and murmured softly into her ear, “I would do anything for you.”
“Dento, I--” she stopped abruptly. He noticed that her nose twitched as if she had caught the scent of something. “It’s going to rain soon, we better go and find shelter.” Alarmed he quickly started to put his portable kitchen away as fast as he could while Iris swiftly jumped into a tree.
“I thought I had saw a cave earlier! It’s this way, follow me!” she said as she sped off. Putting on his backpack and fixing his bowtie he followed after her. He shook his head fondly as she ran and a few droplets of rain hit his face. He sighed and quickened his pace. The cave was rather small but it was big enough for the two of them to fit in. Iris was already sitting down, and she motioned him to join her. He smiled and did so, his face feeling hot as she rested her head on his shoulder.
“Do you think we’ll ever be rescued?” She asked. He gave her a reassuring smile.
“Iris, we haven’t even been here for a whole day yet. Just relax and take in every taste of this beautiful island while you can.” He assured her, “It won’t last forever.” he winked. When he didn’t get any reply he glanced at her. With fond eyes he saw that she had dozed off. He yawned, he was tired as well and before he knew it he had fallen asleep.

Lightning sliced through the sky, and Dento woke up with a start. It was very dark out and the rain was just as unforgiving as ever. He assumed it was around midnight and Iris was still sound asleep. Lightning flickered again and thunder roared soon after. A small prick of uneasiness stabbed him in his belly. With Iris asleep and unable to fall asleep himself he felt lonelier than ever. A tear leaked from the corner of his eye as he thought of his brothers. Would they ever know that he was here? Would they think he was dead…? More tears leaked as the thought of the people who he loved would just vanish right before them. His Pokemon flashed through his mind. He was grateful that both he and Iris had left their Pokemon home, he knew that they wouldn’t be able to bare it if their beloved Pokemon had been dragged to the seas below. The grateful feeling didn’t last long however and was quickly replaced by raw emotion. The thought of never seeing his brothers and friends again made him feel sicker than ever. Wretchedly he leaned his head against the rocky grit. This was the exact same thing as when he had tried to comfort Iris. Now it tore through his heart and soul. The people he was close to felt farther away than they ever had before as reality began to seep through. He gripped Iris’s hand tightly as tears dripped down his face. She was all that he had now. He pressed his lips against her cheek--she was his life now. Closing his eyes and relaxing as his logical mind began to sort through his thoughts. A small bead of hope appeared and he knew that someday, somehow a miracle would happen and they’d both be rescued--together.

“Dento! Dento! Wake up! I can hear something!” Iris’s excited voice penetrated his ears. He groggily got up.
“What is it?” he asked tiredly. She shushed him.
“Listen!” And he did so. Listening over the rustling of leaves and Pokemon’s cries he could hear a whirring sound. It had to be the loveliest sound he had ever heard in his life. Trying to brush aside an outburst of creativity he followed Iris in pursuit in search of the helicopter that sounded closer and closer by every beat of his heart.
To their surprise, they didn’t even need to signal the helicopter down, it landed on the beach he had been conked out on. A Park Ranger walked out and Iris did a little skip of joy. “HEEEEY!!!” she called. The Park Ranger turned to look at them, the unmistakable look of surprise was planted on her face.
“Are you kids ok?” she asked as she ran over. Iris proudly stood up straight.
“Yeah, we’re just fine! We were only stranded here for a day!” she beamed.
“Was there a search party?” he asked. The Ranger laughed.
“Why no, it’s a very lucky thing the Lapras we had tagged decided to come here. We had lost signal with them during a storm and we wanted to check on them to make sure they were ok.” Iris gasped. He looked out onto the beach and saw that it must have been the Pokemon who saved them yesterday--not only that they had saved them twice! Gazing at them he could sense a delicate taste, one that was both mellow and gentle. One of them met his gaze and nodded. A distant look in it’s eyes as it seemed to remember someone who had saved it along time ago.
“If you want I can take you to our base located on Cinnabar Island, you certainly don’t want to stay here any longer than you have to.” she winked. Dento sighed happily.
“Actually we were originally going to Pallet Town to visit some friends…” he trailed off.
“Pallet Town isn’t too far, I’d be glad to take you there!” Dento shared a quick glance with Iris and both of them smiled. She threw her arms around him; a cheerful twinkle was in her hazel eyes.
“Dento, you’re wonderful…” she murmured.​

(wow...major fail at the "resort to sort" this is why you read through your work before posting *nod* *nod*
EDIT EDIT: FIXED! :D)

Last edited:

Raikar

Lucario Saikou x3
Hi guys ^^ i was wondering if i can join you... i love wishfulshipping <3
you know, i've been shipping them since the begining , but at first i thought maybe i was imagining things or something haha, then one day , i saw a video on you tube , and i was like WOA i'm not crazy XD , i'm so happy there are more fans of this shipping :D
i'm really happy XD and i really like them both , they are very good characters plus they have a funny relationship haha i just love them <3<3

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
you know, i've been shipping them since the begining , but at first i thought maybe i was imagining things or something haha, then one day , i saw a video on you tube , and i was like WOA i'm not crazy XD , i'm so happy there are more fans of this shipping :D
i'm really happy XD and i really like them both , they are very good characters plus they have a funny relationship haha i just love them <3<3

^^ Of course you can! The more the merrier!

Haha (unless we're all crazy...DUN DUN DUN) I'm pretty happy this ship is quite popular (I remember when I was worried it wasn't going to be =o)

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I'm glad that new members join the Wishfulshipping family.:) Wow this pairing is going stronger than ever. Sorry for not being here most of the time. Busy days for me that sometimes I check this forums and new members welcome to the Wishfulshipping family hope that you enjoy disscussing about Wishfulshipping.

Lorde

I'm glad that new members join the Wishfulshipping family.:) Wow this pairing is going stronger than ever. Sorry for not being here most of the time. Busy days for me that sometimes I check this forums and new members welcome to the Wishfulshipping family hope that you enjoy disscussing about Wishfulshipping.

It seemed like a while since someone new joined. I thought that people just weren't into WishfulShipping as much as I had originally thought. Looks like there are still people out there who support the pairing, though. That's always good. There hasn't been much to discuss lately since the anime still tries to avoid pairing up characters. We can always try to find some hints, but usually, we have to be creative in order to get what we want. I'm still waiting for this week's episode since it could provide some hints. It seems to feature Cilan, so that'll be great :)

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW

Yay! Welcome to the Wishfulshipping family! x3

I just posted two new Wishfulshipping fanart on my deviantart account. They're both based on the characters from Disney's Princess and the Frog.

http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/gallery/29936517

One is called 'Princess and the Dento' xD LOL! and the other is called 'Accidentally happily ever after'.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
It seemed like a while since someone new joined. I thought that people just weren't into WishfulShipping as much as I had originally thought. Looks like there are still people out there who support the pairing, though. That's always good. There hasn't been much to discuss lately since the anime still tries to avoid pairing up characters. We can always try to find some hints, but usually, we have to be creative in order to get what we want. I'm still waiting for this week's episode since it could provide some hints. It seems to feature Cilan, so that'll be great :)

^^ Yup! Really what I feel that sort of helps the ship is all the high quality Youtube videos it has. Many of them are really great and cute, so I think they sort of help spread the word ^.^
D= I don't get why the anime is so afraid to pair up characters...maybe shipping wars? o_O Or maybe they just want it to be all unconditional? Really I dunno...

Yay! Welcome to the Wishfulshipping family! x3

I just posted two new Wishfulshipping fanart on my deviantart account. They're both based on the characters from Disney's Princess and the Frog.

http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/gallery/29936517

One is called 'Princess and the Dento' xD LOL! and the other is called 'Accidentally happily ever after'.

D'aaaww!! Those are cute! XDD I couldn't help but giggle at Dento as a frog and it still had his hair! Nice job! :)

No big hints in todays episode (lol surprise surprise) but they did hang around eachother a lot (plus it was cute the epi was about love XD) :D I still need to watch it, but I saw the screenshots. OMG Dento seems hilarious/adorable in this episoe, but his sparklez are not complete without his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.