• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Skiyomi, those graphics are absolutely adorable! I love the WishfulShipping banner and the icon with Cilan talking about the way to a girl's heart is so cute. I actually remember when Cilan and Iris were sitting on that jungle gym in the Trubbish episode. They looked so casual there, considering the situation at hand. I really liked that scene, though, and I hope that we get more scenes like that in the future. Anyway, I may use one of those icons since they're all really cute. I'll credit you, of course.

Vaaskun

Loving those icons and the AMV! Both of you did a great job!

I haven't watched the newest episode yet so I can't comment on hints. However, I did, like many of you, watch BW 32 subbed.

I know it was said that Iris eating whenever she thought about love kind of got in the way of potential hints, but when you think about it (and I'm completely over analyzing here--hey, it's what shippers do best!) maybe there's a connection between food and Cilan. After all, he's the one who usually feeds her.

Love=Food
Food=Cilan
Love=Cilan?

Pff. :B Like I said, a stretch, but hey. We've got to keep our spirits up.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
I like your little theory Vasskun, besides I don't really see how her food eating habit got in the way of hints. Sure it got in the way of big hints, but maybe Cilan was annoyed because he wanted to talk more about love with her? Aha, I'm over analyzing it too, I like Vasskun's theory here

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Love=Food
Food=Cilan
Love=Cilan?

Pff. :B Like I said, a stretch, but hey. We've got to keep our spirits up.

Lol I thought of that too. Yeah it's a stretch...but hey. IRIS WAS BLUSHING WHILE EATING HIS FOOD!~ Proof! *shot* I wish....you never know about the future though. Anything can happen like an animator suddenly falling due to a heart attack. Oh dear...I wonder what that would do to the animation? o.o

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
Lolz especially since she said that "Love makes her hungry" :p ...so question is: could food make her love? XD

Why do I get the feeling there will be tons of wishfulshipping fanfiction made just by THAT quote? :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Why do I get the feeling there will be tons of wishfulshipping fanfiction made just by THAT quote? :p

Rofl that would be a dream come true!~ :p I'm inspiring! :D(jk)
Which speaking of fanfiction so far I've liked pretty much all of the fanfiction written :) *sigh* It's great this ship gets excellent writers!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
:) Thanks all!

And I gotta laugh at love making Iris hungry... in that case, how could she possibly resist a man who can cook so well?

Raikar

Lucario Saikou x3
WOW thanks a lot everyone ^^ i'm glad you liked it :3
i'm waiting for BW 33 but seems like it's not uploaded yet ._. i'm not expecting much interaction from it but maybe like you are saying ,next chapter will have some, i hope >w<

:( That sucks. I hate losing work like that... I can never bring myself to remake something after I've lost it. I hope you can remake it :)

I've made some stuff... I'll probably be making more avatars as time goes by, but here's what I've made for now:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_tmrya.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_agirlsheart.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_cilaniris.gif[/img139]

And here's a banner I made for my oneshot, but there's a version without text too:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/junglegymsig.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/junglegymtextless.png[/img139]

Anyone can use any of my graphics if they want.
I love them ALL , haha xD i will credit you if i use them ^^ thank you :D

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I saw BW033 today. It was pretty good if your a Dento fan ^^; not too much interaction between Iris and Dento though. I was right about Iris all >.>; to him but rather I think it was because he was all "Sommeliering" and down right embarrassing ^^; I don't know if that'd count for anything, but at least it could be considered some "interaction" I guess. Over all I liked it, but I'll like it more once it's translated...it was pretty "talky" XD maybe we'll find some stuff in there. And there's always later episodes too ^^

Lorde

Yeah, the newest Pokemon episode focused more on Cilan than on Iris. It would've been nice to have them interact with each other a bit more, but they didn't. Still, there's hope for next week or at least the week after that. Iris is getting an episode soon, so maybe that will be the one where Cilan and Iris spend time together. Cilan is also going to get an episode where he does detective work, so maybe Iris will be involved in that one. It's a long-shot I guess, but I want to see them working together more often.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Yeah, the newest Pokemon episode focused more on Cilan than on Iris. It would've been nice to have them interact with each other a bit more, but they didn't. Still, there's hope for next week or at least the week after that. Iris is getting an episode soon, so maybe that will be the one where Cilan and Iris spend time together. Cilan is also going to get an episode where he does detective work, so maybe Iris will be involved in that one. It's a long-shot I guess, but I want to see them working together more often.

Yeah same here. Lol maybe Iris will blame the lost Audino on a ghost XD jk I've still got my hopes up for Dento helping Iris with Excadrill :< but I try not to get TOO hopeful for that coz it could be a depressing week....

As of them working together I really liked how well they worked together with trying to find the wind in the Cottonee episode. It was so cute. It really reminded me of the nature vs. technology theme in Black and White. These two just really scream it...

Lorde

As of them working together I really liked how well they worked together with trying to find the wind in the Cottonee episode. It was so cute. It really reminded me of the nature vs. technology theme in Black and White. These two just really scream it...

I also thought that it was cute seeing them working together in the Cottonee episode. I didn't notice that Iris and Cilan sort of have a nature versus technology theme going on, though. I guess it was pretty obvious, but I overlooked it. Iris seems to be more comfortable in the wild while Cilan seems to be more comfortable when he's somewhere more modern. I wonder if that was done on purpose to tie in with the games, or if it was just a total coincidence on the writer's part. Hmm, I guess we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Again.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I also thought that it was cute seeing them working together in the Cottonee episode. I didn't notice that Iris and Cilan sort of have a nature versus technology theme going on, though. I guess it was pretty obvious, but I overlooked it. Iris seems to be more comfortable in the wild while Cilan seems to be more comfortable when he's somewhere more modern. I wonder if that was done on purpose to tie in with the games, or if it was just a total coincidence on the writer's part. Hmm, I guess we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Again.

I honestly think the writers planned this (maybe) just because how much of a coincidence is it to have two characters that are in BW games and fit into the Nature vs. Technology of the theme? I don't know. I gave up with the writers along time ago, but my faith for them came back a bit in BW. ^^; So maybe just maybe they planned this all along :D (maybe not in a shippy sense but they are still tied together in a way :) )

Lorde

I honestly think the writers planned this (maybe) just because how much of a coincidence is it to have two characters that are in BW games and fit into the Nature vs. Technology of the theme? I don't know. I gave up with the writers along time ago, but my faith for them came back a bit in BW. ^^; So maybe just maybe they planned this all along :D (maybe not in a shippy sense but they are still tied together in a way :) )

I guess so. I've honestly given up on the writers several times, but they find ways to get me interested in the anime. It's a love/hate sort of thing. It's really cool that Iris and Cilan are like total opposites of each other. When was the last time that we had characters like these in the main cast? I just really like how they're different yet also the same in some ways. They're like two puzzle pieces that fit together nicely. Yeah, bad metaphor. It's hard to explain, but they have more chemistry than a lot of the other characters in this series.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
There must be a reason that the writers put two opposite characters together in a trio, whether it be to add a new dynamic or possible romance? ~gets shot~ Maybe the writers are slowly building up their relationship, which is why they're not interacting as much in the beginning. Keep in the mind they may still be getting used to each other. The Cottonee episode really showed how well Iris and Cilan work together as a team, which is a plus for us. Sure there weren't any direct hints, but it showcases how the nature and technology theme works together. Iris and Cilan could probably fend off well if they were ever separated from Ash. OH THAT GIVES ME AN EPISODE IDEA!!!
Iris and Cilan could get separated from Ash in a forest!!!

Vaaskun

Iris and Cilan could probably fend off well if they were ever separated from Ash. OH THAT GIVES ME AN EPISODE IDEA!!!
Iris and Cilan could get separated from Ash in a forest!!!

Nice. ;D At first I was thinking "How could Ash possibly survive without them?" but looking back, there have been plenty of times when Ash has been able to fend for himself. Anyone remember that episode in which Ash and his Pokemon toughed it out in a snow cave overnight? And at the end of the episode Brock and Misty told him that they spent the night in a comfortable underground hot spring?

Imagine that scenario with Cilan and Iris. Oh boy.

On the forest topic, I remember reading a fanfiction about Cilan and Iris being trapped in the forest alone. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, and the last I checked, it hadn't been updated in a while. Too bad. :\ I'd love to see an episode like that, though, with each putting their skills to good use.

I think it would be humorous if Cilan somehow misplaced his Town Map and Iris was left to navigate with her really primitive (but effective!) method of using her senses to find her way around.

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
Hey guys, I'm currently working on some more fanart right now. In the meantime, I wrote a long perspective on the whole Negaishipping vs. Wishfulshipping thing on my DeviantArt account. Just in case ya'll are interested, the link is here: http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/

Lorde

I wish that the writers had added Iris and Cilan to the main cast because of romantic reasons, but that theory doesn't make much sense. Iris and Cilan never interacted in the games, so there wouldn't have been anything to base a romance on. I'm going to just assume that Iris and Cilan were chosen as Ash's traveling partners because they look to be near Ash's age. They had to give Ash friends who were young, and Cilan and Iris are really the only Gym Leaders in the games that seem young enough. Well, aside from Chili and Cress I suppose. I have to wonder what would've happened if Chili or Cress were chosen instead of Cilan, though :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Anyone remember that episode in which Ash and his Pokemon toughed it out in a snow cave overnight? And at the end of the episode Brock and Misty told him that they spent the night in a comfortable underground hot spring?

Imagine that scenario with Cilan and Iris. Oh boy.
Hmm...Dento still needs to actually get into some hot springs :D It was unfair that Ash and Iris got one...well he did get one in BW013 with Ash but the water wasn't hot (well it was for the split second that he fell in *rimshot*)
On the forest topic, I remember reading a fanfiction about Cilan and Iris being trapped in the forest alone. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, and the last I checked, it hadn't been updated in a while. Too bad. :\ I'd love to see an episode like that, though, with each putting their skills to good use.

Was this what you were talking about? :) ("Lost with the Opposite" by Maymist)

Hey guys, I'm currently working on some more fanart right now. In the meantime, I wrote a long perspective on the whole Negaishipping vs. Wishfulshipping thing on my DeviantArt account. Just in case ya'll are interested, the link is here: http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/

:D That's great! We can always use more fanart! ^^

Hmm you bring up some interesting points there. I viewed most of that the same way as well. Only I at first sort of "play" shipped them together when I first saw them. I honestly don't think Ash will ever be seriously shipped with any girl, though at first I was open to Negai but now I'm slowly disliking it more and more. XD I guess that's how shipping wars start ^^; I'm not a big shipper...this is the first "main" ship I've ever seriously gotten into actually XD

I wish that the writers had added Iris and Cilan to the main cast because of romantic reasons, but that theory doesn't make much sense. Iris and Cilan never interacted in the games, so there wouldn't have been anything to base a romance on. I'm going to just assume that Iris and Cilan were chosen as Ash's traveling partners because they look to be near Ash's age. They had to give Ash friends who were young, and Cilan and Iris are really the only Gym Leaders in the games that seem young enough. Well, aside from Chili and Cress I suppose. I have to wonder what would've happened if Chili or Cress were chosen instead of Cilan, though :p

Well the Anime is it's own Canon. I don't see why if in PokeSpe Wallace and Winona were a couple at one point and not have any relation in the games why Dento x Iris can't happen in the anime. If Dento and Iris met in the games I think I would have became annoyed of him fast ^^; he needs some speech theropy or something...

Hmm...I wonder how many of us would be supporting Pod x Iris or Corn x Iris if they joined? I dunno about Corn, but I think Pod x Iris is kind of cute...

I just thought of something else, Dento's a grass-type trainer and Iris is a wild girl...when you think of nature you think of forests or plants...so that's sort of a similarity between the two :D

Lorde

I think it would be humorous if Cilan somehow misplaced his Town Map and Iris was left to navigate with her really primitive (but effective!) method of using her senses to find her way around.

I love how she can't find her way around sometimes. I remember watching the Sewaddle episode and how she wasn't able to lead Ash and Cilan out of the forest as she had planned. I actually laughed out loud at that part since it showed that even she can't always feel in-tuned with nature. It would be interesting if she had to lead Cilan out of the forest again. I bet they'd get lost a few times and Cilan would probably get exhausted, but it would be so cute to have them lost in the middle of nowhere. I can imagine all the possible funny moments, like Cilan screaming when they get chased by some wild Pokemon or something haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.