• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Happy Pocky Day~ 11/11

I had no idea that today was a holiday in Japan, but I found a whole bunch of art on Pixiv xDD I guess because 11/11/11 looks like Pocky sticks

[IMG139]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4328/pockyday.png[/IMG139]

by: ecology

[IMG139]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9026/43375357.png[/IMG139]

by: とむこ

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
Loving the fanart Poke_Maniac! :) Thansk for posting!! Hey, I was scouring the internet for that Chili episode and I saw quite a good trailer. The monkeys look rather happy to see each other and it looks as if Pansage learns a new move. Also, I've seen quite a few comments on various websites saying that Cilan's and Iris' actions, although discreet, could be considered as new hints! But... I'm not gonna get my hopes too high 'cause then... Y'know how it works. ^^;

Anyways, thanks for posting the fanart! :D I'm still working on my VERY be-lated halloween fiction... ^^;
~Jess~

Kirika

I really should post more often.

If Iris had a diary, what would she write about Dento?

It'd be interesting if she wrote about Dento's speeches. Since Dento's always giving explanations about x or y thing, she could write them down not to forget them. Or she'd write about a meal he cooked she preferred more than the others. Something like that.

Of any episode of your choice, which one would you choose to make more Wishfulshippy? (and how/why)

Probably the one with Excadrill? It's not fair for Ash but it would've been adorable if she told her problem to Dento only. And maybe he'd try to talk to Excadrill to work things out. The collection is getting bigger.

Anyway as usual, thanks for all the comics you posted poke_maniac! The one when Iris gets lost is my favorite! I didn't know there was a pocky day, but if it gives us more fanarts, it's a good thing.
I watched the episode with the cactus Pokemon the other day, I just hope Dento will remember Iris can dance in the future.

Last edited:

CupidKirby

Suddenly I have a craving for Pocky. Japan has a holiday for everything ;-;
Thanks for the fanart 00poke_maniac!

Loving the fanart Poke_Maniac! :) Thansk for posting!! Hey, I was scouring the internet for that Chili episode and I saw quite a good trailer. The monkeys look rather happy to see each other and it looks as if Pansage learns a new move. Also, I've seen quite a few comments on various websites saying that Cilan's and Iris' actions, although discreet, could be considered as new hints! But... I'm not gonna get my hopes too high 'cause then... Y'know how it works. ^^;

Anyways, thanks for posting the fanart! :D I'm still working on my VERY be-lated halloween fiction... ^^;
~Jess~

Aw, that sounds so promising yet makes me anxious at the same time. *crosses fingers* Though I wonder how the people who made these comments know.

Hey no need to rush too much. Just take your time.

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
I was just looking through those screenshots you posted, and I was suddenly struck by a fresh burst of warm fuzzies for these two.

I'm not in a hurry to see any big hints, because we're not very far into the Unova series yet. Lord knows Sinnoh had a ton of episodes devoted to it. We've got lots of time for them to get to know each other a bit better and grow closer.
Just so long as we do get some blatant hints eventually, I'm good.

Egitim

Poet Girl
Waiting for the PodvsDento ep. While I'm waiting (although it's kinda offtopic), can I say that I believe Emmy from the Druddingon ep was named after Emmy from Dragon Tails? Warned you it was off topic.

What I was going to say is that I realized so many fanfics portray Iris as broken and Dento as wavering between good and evil. Somebody oughta write a fanfic with Iris as the assassin and Dento as the target. Just to even the gender roles a bit more >.<

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
It's funny you'd say that Egitim because I've been having some thoughts in which my OC and Iris are these master criminals and Cilan, Chili and Cress are wound up with these demon like females... x3 Of course, I've got alot of plot devices to think about, but I'm sure I'd write it very well if I could just sort what I want to do out! ^-^

And I think Wolfgirl is right, though it would be nice to see some direct interaction. >.<;

And CupidKirby, I'm not sure how they would know either, but since its about Wishfulshipping, I'm not about to shoot it down; I'll just take their word for it! xD And thanks. I'll post it when it's done. :)

~Jess~

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Suddenly I have a craving for Pocky. Japan has a holiday for everything ;-;

They do. Japan is awesome like that xD I didn't know this, but apparently Japan celebrates Thanksgiving o_O I remember I heard that they celebrate many things, but it just surprised me given that Thanksgiving is an American holiday and is not as universal as Halloween or Christmas etc.

Thanks for the fanart 00poke_maniac!

^^ You're welcome guys. I'm always happy to share whatever I find because it's not as much fun when you don't xD

I'm not in a hurry to see any big hints, because we're not very far into the Unova series yet. Lord knows Sinnoh had a ton of episodes devoted to it. We've got lots of time for them to get to know each other a bit better and grow closer.
Just so long as we do get some blatant hints eventually, I'm good.

Yeah I agree. I wish there'd be something for these two in the future though...(I'd fangirl a bit if there was something when there's Ruby and Sapphire remakes)

Also I was thinking about something, might be a bit off topic from what we were saying, but apparently the next movie is on the Muskedeers (Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion and Keldeo). So I was thinking that the next movie could feature Meloetta and Kyurem. I always have this feeling that when Meloetta would get its own movie that Dento would have a larger part, and if Kyurem appeared, it's a Dragon-type. Do you see where I'm going here?

Hold on, I just came up with an idea. You know how Meloetta has two forms? The Song forme,and the Dance forme? (I remember that Iris said that she liked dancing xD) What if in Song Forme Meloetta preferred Dento, and in Dance forme she preferred Iris? I'd lol if Meloetta was bipolar like that.

And CupidKirby, I'm not sure how they would know either, but since its about Wishfulshipping, I'm not about to shoot it down; I'll just take their word for it! xD And thanks. I'll post it when it's done. :)

Lol I agree with you there. I'd want to just go with it too ^^; I think there must be something that people see with these two, otherwise it wouldn't be popular. I don't think any of it is obvious like "Oh they totally like each other!!", but the two have this sweet togetherness about them that just feels right. They just click X3 Sometimes I think Iris conceals some of her affections for Dento just because she gets annoyed by him WAY more often than she gets annoyed with Ash (and she doesn't hate Dento, I think deep down she cares about him a lot. I just wish she'd show it more.)

Last edited:

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
I think there must be something that people see with these two, otherwise it wouldn't be popular. I don't think any of it is obvious like "Oh they totally like each other!!", but the two have this sweet togetherness about them that just feels right. They just click X3 Sometimes I think Iris conceals some of her affections for Dento just because she gets annoyed by him WAY more often than she gets annoyed with Ash (and she doesn't hate Dento, I think deep down she cares about him a lot. I just wish she'd show it more.)

Ah, yes, this.
I usually refer to it as them giving me warm fuzzies without even doing anything, and it's the reason I like this ship.

Egitim

Poet Girl
(Back on early today!)

The trouble with being on this forum is that I think about this ship so often (and think of so many stories) that when I try to tell you about it, the ideas come out so randomly and weirdly. Like, for the Emmy name thing, I was wondering how Max would react to wishfulshippingand Max's name reminded me of Emmy. Max and Emmy reminded me of Dragon Tails. There, that's how I justify it. So, please don't think worse of me just because I'm so out of touch with everything. ^.^;

CupidKirby

What I was going to say is that I realized so many fanfics portray Iris as broken and Dento as wavering between good and evil. Somebody oughta write a fanfic with Iris as the assassin and Dento as the target. Just to even the gender roles a bit more >.<

That's kind of true. But this shipping is relatively new so it's difficult for authors to picture the two in any other role. I believe 'The Locket' (by the wonderful jesspikapal) was one of the catalysts for the "broken" and "good/evil" stereotype and from there on it was easier for other writers to portray it. We need someone to start it in order for the idea to be out there.

I admit the cliche assasin + target plot does peak my interest. Maybe I'll give it a shot XD

And hey. No one's going to get mad if you get off topic just a step. Especially in a forum dedicated to crack.

00poke_maniac said:
Yeah I agree. I wish there'd be something for these two in the future though...(I'd fangirl a bit if there was something when there's Ruby and Sapphire remakes)

There should be. I mean, other than the Museum one (which wasn't entirely anyway) there haven't been any episodes dedicated to just Iris and Dento. But knowing Pokemon's record we'd only get maybe 2 or 3 ;-;

ccangelopearl1362

(looking around twice or thrice at recent posts, then clearing throat) Good evening from my corner of the world, fellow Wishfulshippers, after a new thought experiment of sorts -- including some reflections at my school -- that has yielded some… interesting results. These thoughts appear to have culminated in a dream I had earlier this week, one which happened to involve Cilan and Iris as the organizers of a special party, and this time, I’m rather certain about how quickly the guests of honor at that party will surprise at least some of you. That said, it might suffice to say for now that Cilan and Iris appeared to be having fun speaking in front of the crowd present, and I have absolutely no doubt that they had at least as much fun arranging the whole thing, if not even more. The following question could work as a way of guessing where our perceptions of this couple could go from here.:

If Cilan and/or Iris had a Wishfulshippy dream, either separately or together, then what do you think the dream would be about?

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/0f/BW058.png/266px-BW058.png
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=Ci...7&tbnw=151&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0 (These are the best quality I could find...)

New piccies I found when searching for the CilanVSChili episode. I'm totally stoked for it and of course, I'm keeping an eye out for it and the Wishfulshipping possiblities are endless! Can I just say I imagine something like this to happen...?? xD
Chili - Cilan! >:D
Cilan - Chili? :3
Iris - Here we go... -.-'
Chili - Bet you're sorry you left us huh? Me and Cress have the Gym perfectly under control without you. >:)
Cilan - Chili, I'--
Chili - We even beat the fangirls down. >:l
Cilan - Chili, I'm reall--
Chili - And me and Cress realised we don't even need you! :mad:
Cilan - Chili, I know you're upset bu--
Chili - And we don't even c-c-- :'(
Iris - And here come the waterworks... *Shrugs and Cilan gives her an apoligetic frown*
Chili - CILAN, COME HOME! *collapses to knees* WE NEED YOU! WE'RE A BIG WRECK WITHOUT YOU! PLEASE COME HOME!
Cress - You mean YOU'RE a big wreck... ¬.¬;

And then they have a big hug and then Chili insists he's not a baby though he's there rolling on the floor, begging for his brother to come home. xD

And as for the new topic about the Wishfulshipping dream: If Cilan and/or Iris had a Wishfulshippy dream, either separately or together, then what do you think the dream would be about?

I'd find it kinda cool if their dreams were linked to each others, like they didn't have the same dream but say... Cilan had part one of the nightmare and Iris had part two of the nightmare and then once they both wake up, they realise the others nightmare sounds relatively similar and they talk about it for the rest of the night, Cilan claiming he "isn't afraid because ghosts and ghouls don't even exist..." And Iris being all smug, stating "Really Cilan? Really?

Hi ccangelopearl1362!! ^-^ Thanks for the topic! :3

~Jess~

SilentStormfall

Welcome, ccangelopearl1362 :"D

If Cilan and/or Iris had a Wishfulshippy dream, either separately or together, then what do you think the dream would be about?

Iris, being an closet wants-a-prince-charming-someday girl, has a dream she's at a masquerade ball and is dancing with a very gentlemanly and kind stranger. She really likes this guy because he is sweet and asks who he is, because she thinks he's familiar but can't think of who he is. (His hair is completely concealed by a hat somehow xD).
And then he takes of his mask and she surprised when it's Dento. He's about to kiss her when another Dento smashes through the window wearing the pirate costume from the Zorua movie.
He's here to kidnap Iris to have her all for herself. BUT THEN! The Dento already with Iris switches masks so that he has that orange mask and proclaims himself here to protect Iris.
The two fight over Iris and Iris screams and wakes up because having two Dento's in one dream is such a pain. xD

Then Dento comes over to here and asks what's wrong and she says 'That's it! I'm sleeping in a tree again.' And she goes to sleep in a tree :'D

....that was kinda long o_O

Anyway, I just watched a bit of the dub version of ep 43 and I love how even in the dub it sounds like Iris wants Dento to pay attention to her.

Luke: Man, I'm really nervous.
Cilan: Luke, I suggest you take it from the trainer you defeated in the second round. ;D Have faith! You can do it!
Iris: Huh? Hey! -points to herself- What about me?

Gah, if only Georgia (Langley) didn't say anything, then Dento could've been all. "But Iris, I always have faith with you?" ...hehehe.

Egitim

Poet Girl
^Rivals Ruin Everything Inc, at your service!

So say, Iris has a dream about her happiest times (Before Excadrill stopped listening to her, 'cause I figure that your best friend ignoring you would make any time your worst) and so she's playing in the forest with Drilbur and co, when Cilan, being the kind of person he is, dreams himself right in to her dream. Of course, Iris is mad because she's her ten-year-old self in mind and she knows it's really him and not a dream (I assume you can tell when someone's breaking in to your head). Cilan, though, fangirls (using it as a verb, although perhaps the masculine term is fanboys?) over Iris five-year-old cuteness and after a short conversation (Are you getting tired of these side notes? Well too bad, there are more coming) perhaps about Iris parents abandoning her (Probably Cilan's abandoned him too, so don't you dare say I'm advocating the broken stereotype) and at the end, she decided to accept him as part of her happiest times. Aww.
But Ash, on the other hand, is dreaming of Kanto and his friends there. Arguably also an aww. There the episode ends. (This was actually the second one I typed up, and I like this one better)

Last edited:

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
^Rivals Ruin Everything Inc, at your service!

I dunno, I like Georgia. It's hilarious the way she and Iris snip at each other all the time, and Cilan's all "...I'm sure someday they'll be great friends! *sweatdrop*"

I'd prefer it to be Cilan. Like if he had a Wishfulshippy dream and then woke up and realized he actually did feel that way for realsies.
And then proceeded to act all awkward and nervous for the remainder of the episode, with Ash being all "Uh, Cilan, you seem awfully jumpy today. Everything okay?"

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
That's kind of true. But this shipping is relatively new so it's difficult for authors to picture the two in any other role. I believe 'The Locket' (by the wonderful jesspikapal) was one of the catalysts for the "broken" and "good/evil" stereotype and from there on it was easier for other writers to portray it. We need someone to start it in order for the idea to be out there.

Yeah I've noticed that with some fanfiction. The "good/evil" seems to come from the theory that Dento/Pod/Corn are the Shadow Triad.

There should be. I mean, other than the Museum one (which wasn't entirely anyway) there haven't been any episodes dedicated to just Iris and Dento. But knowing Pokemon's record we'd only get maybe 2 or 3 ;-;

There still have been some, and that's a good step. How many episodes have been dedicated to Dawn/Brock or Misty/Tracey? They actually took the time to focus on Iris and Dento, and I think that could be an important thing to remember :3 It just surprises me that they'd let Ash be the "third wheel" for once xD

Anyway, I just watched a bit of the dub version of ep 43 and I love how even in the dub it sounds like Iris wants Dento to pay attention to her.

Luke: Man, I'm really nervous.
Cilan: Luke, I suggest you take it from the trainer you defeated in the second round. ;D Have faith! You can do it!
Iris: Huh? Hey! -points to herself- What about me?

Gah, if only Georgia (Langley) didn't say anything, then Dento could've been all. "But Iris, I always have faith with you?" ...hehehe.

I remember that in the JP episode x3 I thought that was funny. Poor Iris, she wanted Dento to root for her. Ugh, rivals do ruin everything >.>

-----------

I'm not going to lie, this topic is tough for me, but I want to give it a shot. xD I think it's just because of how random dreams can be. That and I'm just exhausted...my head is telling me not to think ^^;

I can imagine Iris getting mad at Dento for some reason or another (or he just annoyed her too much that day) and she went to sleep in a sour mood. In her dream, Dento is a _______ Sommelier (like how he was that morning) and Iris loses her temper and yells at him. Dento smiles softly, and puts his finger under her chin and quietly tells her that he really likes her. Iris becomes flustered and says that she really likes him too. Then Iris wakes up and realizes it was all a dream. I could picture her feeling confused as to why she would dream about Dento (let alone saying she liked him) and a bit upset that it never happened.

In Dento's dream, he is decorating the cafe for someone special, though, he is not aware of who. He just knows it's something important. The room is filled with sparkles and iris flowers and his brothers are locked in the kitchen pantry. Between counting down seconds and trying on his numerous hats, his dear finally arrives. He was shocked! The girl in his very dreams was none other than Iris. Dento gazes in awe as Iris sits down at the table with a small smile on her face. Then, out of no where Pod bursts out of the pantry and turns into a Purrloin. Dento hides underneath the table and Iris gives the Podloin an unamused look and kicks it somewhere. Dento is overcome with happiness, hugs her, kisses her and drags her off to go get married (with lots of sparklez).

CupidKirby

Welcome, ccangelopearl1362 :"D

Iris, being an closet wants-a-prince-charming-someday girl, has a dream she's at a masquerade ball and is dancing with a very gentlemanly and kind stranger. She really likes this guy because he is sweet and asks who he is, because she thinks he's familiar but can't think of who he is. (His hair is completely concealed by a hat somehow xD).
And then he takes of his mask and she surprised when it's Dento. He's about to kiss her when another Dento smashes through the window wearing the pirate costume from the Zorua movie.
He's here to kidnap Iris to have her all for herself. BUT THEN! The Dento already with Iris switches masks so that he has that orange mask and proclaims himself here to protect Iris.
The two fight over Iris and Iris screams and wakes up because having two Dento's in one dream is such a pain. xD

Then Dento comes over to here and asks what's wrong and she says 'That's it! I'm sleeping in a tree again.' And she goes to sleep in a tree :'D

Bwahaha, that sounds awesome. Now I can't imagine anything but your theory on what Iris would dream XD

For Dent, he'd dream that he's the Masked Sommelier who saves people from trouble and Iris is the helpless damsel school girl who cries a lot and helplessly calls his name each time villians kidnap her. Everytime she's saved she'd start sprouting romantic nothings of how cool and dreamy he is which would then cause a scene where they fly off in the sunset together. Dent wakes up and yells out "don't worry Airisu my DEAR. I'M HERE~" (with sparkles) and fling himself at the real Iris only for her to kick him into a tree. The end.

Chili - Cilan! >=D
Cilan - Chili? =3
Chili - Bet you're sorry you left us huh? Me and Cress have the Gym perfectly under control without you. >=)
Cilan - Chili, I'--
Chili - We even beat the fangirls down. >=l
Chili - And me and Cress realised we don't even need you! >=(
Chili - And we don't even c-c-- ='(
Iris - And here come the waterworks... *Shrugs and Cilan gives her an apoligetic frown*
Chili - CILAN, COME HOME! *collapses to knees* WE NEED YOU! WE'RE A BIG WRECK WITHOUT YOU! PLEASE COME HOME!

That is so going to happen. Just watch.

Oh, just saw episode 56. And yes there were a few moments that made me :3

[IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/6p45yw.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i44.*******.com/2cqcvi1.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i39.*******.com/rc5z7m.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/108g28g.png[/IMG139]

Ash is scared by in-sync!Wishful.

[IMG139]http://i43.*******.com/aw3qdd.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i39.*******.com/4fznu9.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/1z4evsi.png[/IMG139]

(On another note, at least the ten-minute to one day time lapse thing explained why we didn't get any Iris/Dent separation scenes D: )

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
That is so going to happen. Just watch.

I agree. If it doesn't, it should xDDD

Oh, just saw episode 56. And yes there were a few moments that made me :3

[IMG139]http://i42.*******.com/6p45yw.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i44.*******.com/2cqcvi1.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i39.*******.com/rc5z7m.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/108g28g.png[/IMG139]

Ash is scared by in-sync!Wishful.

[IMG139]http://i43.*******.com/aw3qdd.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i39.*******.com/4fznu9.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/1z4evsi.png[/IMG139]

(On another note, at least the ten-minute to one day time lapse thing explained why we didn't get any Iris/Dent separation scenes D: )

I love how Dento trolled her in this episode xDD it made me laugh so hard. It seems like Iris thinks Dento can do everything :p I would have laughed harder if it went like:

Dento: Not at all Iris, I can't be that amazing. ;D
Iris: Right, right >.>

After this episode aired, I personally would love to see Iris and Dento get seperated in a forest together like Robert and Ash did. What if Ash/Trip get seperated with each other, and Iris and Dento did as well? I'd love for a cute moment of those two sitting by a camp fire, just sort of having a one-on-one chat getting to know each other better and have the "Village Bridge" music playing.

I know we often say that we want them to get seperated that way, but I kept thinking about it after that episode ^^;

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
Back from the grave xP

and I'm Back everybody!!^^

00poke_maniac Happy Pocky Day~ 11/11

Didn't know there was a pocky day! :p There's also a single's day in china too today (11/14)

If Iris had a diary, what would she write about Dento?

-sighs- Satoshi had us running after him while he's off to challenge another gym leader. While I'm catching my breath, I notice the pain gawking over some subway magazines. Is it me or do I hang out with the most strangest of characters? >.>

Satoshi lost his battle today. We decided to have dinner at the pokemon center. After we ate, Dento made us some cupcakes for dessert tonight! I politely took one and thanked him while he took a bow to me. Hmm, he may be a pain but he sure knows how to cook--

Satoshi: -CHOMP- -CHOMP-

and be a gentleman -.-;

//no bash intended on ash//

Of any episode of your choice, which one would you choose to make more Wishfulshippy? (and how/why)

-evil glare- Anyone remember the episode where Ash and uh.....the photographer guy went after the sawbuck and left Iris and Dento behind?

x33333 LET THE IMAGINATION (and fanfiction) BEGIN!!

From what I hear, the Dento vs. Pod episode will premiere on Dec. 1st? If so, I can't wait!^^ I'm also sure Jesspikapal will be thrilled to see Pod back in action x3

New piccies I found when searching for the CilanVSChili episode. I'm totally stoked for it and of course, I'm keeping an eye out for it and the Wishfulshipping possiblities are endless! Can I just say I imagine something like this to happen...?? xD
Chili - Cilan! >
Cilan - Chili? :3
Chili - Bet you're sorry you left us huh? Me and Cress have the Gym perfectly under control without you. >
Cilan - Chili, I'--
Chili - We even beat the fangirls down. >:l
Chili - And me and Cress realised we don't even need you! >
Chili - And we don't even c-c-- :'(

Awww, poor chili >.<

Originally Posted by Egitim View Post

Hmm, true actually o.o It would be interesting if Iris and Dento can play roles that most fans/shippers wouldn't expect them to play, like if Iris was Carmen Sandiego and Dento as the victim of some sort.

Dento would have a dream of being lost in Iris' hair along with Ash, Pikachu and Yanapuu and Kibago would be the tour guide through Iris' imagination!

NEW FANART: Very belated Wishful Halloween! http://ladykenshin.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4g8iwv

I'm planning on making some more soon, but right now I'm dead tired. Oh, and the 'Sparkle Off' may be done by the end of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.