• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynia

Thanks you guys for reading my wishful fiction there. I'll probably update soon (tomorrow or later today), but currently working on a AMV for dent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-LggS8050&feature=related

Can anyone tell me what episodes some of these scenes are from. Preferably at :22 and :44. I can't for the life of me remember and going through episodes is time consuming...aofijaoij.

StaraptorEmpoleon

♥WishfulShipping♥
Thanks you guys for reading my wishful fiction there. I'll probably update soon (tomorrow or later today), but currently working on a AMV for dent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-LggS8050&feature=related

Can anyone tell me what episodes some of these scenes are from. Preferably at :22 and :44. I can't for the life of me remember and going through episodes is time consuming...aofijaoij.
No problem! :) I'm trying to finish a chapter, but you read the prologue here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7821916/1/When_Wild_Meets_City

Hmm... as for the vid... 0:22 maybe it's Ash's battle with Cilan? 0:44 haha I have no idea... :-/

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

At :22 is Dento's battle with Luke (BW041) and at :44 is Iris vs. Ash (BW042) ...well I think those are the numbers but I KNOW those are the episodes. If you need any other help feel free to ask XDD However, I fail at episode titles o.o;

Btw guys, I have a lot of work coming up this week so I'll (hopefully xD; ) make myself scarce. Just this week though. xD If I don't...feel free to chase me off. :p

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Oh guys,sorry for not being active here...I fear spoilers xD
Did I miss topics?Other than this one...

What if Cilan and Iris were Romeo and Juliet? What would happen? Would Cilan kill himself if he found out she was dead?
Difficult one,my mind can't go much farther when it comes to pokémon.It is just too heavy for pokémon base,you know?xD
But anyway....Dento seems to really care for Iris,I would say that this is possible.But probably,it would take sometime....I mean,this question could be better answer in the future,when Wishful get to a more serious level.(Maybe half canon?xP)
ANd that's something that blicks me from responding to the question precisely: BW humor :)

StaraptorEmpoleon

♥WishfulShipping♥
Difficult one,my mind can't go much farther when it comes to pokémon.It is just too heavy for pokémon base,you know?xD
But anyway....Dento seems to really care for Iris,I would say that this is possible.But probably,it would take sometime....I mean,this question could be better answer in the future,when Wishful get to a more serious level.(Maybe half canon?xP)
ANd that's something that blicks me from responding to the question precisely: BW humor :)
Haha well, I wasn't sure what to ask. We could go with Carmen or Hamlet, those are both deep too.

Maybe I could ask a different question o_O I only asked 'cause I was wondering if anyone wanted to read a fic sorta like it... I know, it's cliché... :(

But I'll answer my question:

What if Cilan and Iris were Romeo and Juliet? What would happen? Would Cilan kill himself if he found out she was dead?
I think they'd find a way to sneak off, maybe go to the a place in Unova that no one else knows about. I think he would kill himself if he found out. I think he really cares about her.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil Romeo & Juliet, but hey, it has the word Tragedy in it.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Not sure. Yes and No. Yes, because he supposedly loves Iris a ton, and truly cares for her. No, because Cilan is the type of guy who does many different things and he knows Iris will want him to continue on with life, so to speak, continue to learn and do new things and hobbies.

But, yeah that idea does seem a bit too heavy for Pokemon.

Flame Mistress

They'd probably run away to somewhere remote like Snowpoint City, because Iris is daring like that. But I doubt that their love would last only for five days before they kill themselves.

If Iris died... I really don't know, because I can't imagine that ever happening to her. Cilan probably won't kill himself because he's a smart cookie, but he'd... well, just... a part of himself would die, I guess. Like he isn't Cilan anymore, just a random guy with no emotions, no friendships, no soul, nothing. That's how much I'd expect Iris to mean to him.

Flame Mistress

Where would they go on their honeymoon?

In Pokéworld, Cerulean City/Cape, for obvious reasons. In our world, Paris, because that's the most romantic city in the world, and Cilan seems like a guy who can speak French (Chili = Spanish, Cress = German/Italian?). 83

AbsolXWolf

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil Romeo & Juliet, but hey, it has the word Tragedy in it.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN IT FOR ME??? D-:<

(Joking, joking)

Um...yeah. Sorry I'm not the most responsive poster. I left the forums for a while and I have a lot of catching up to do ;.;

Can't wait to read that drabble collaberation everyone is doing. I'm thinking of working on a fic myself in the meantime, providing school doesn't suddenly jump in the way.

In regards to the topic, I'd have to agree with gotpika. Cilan seems more like the type to carry on for Iris' sake.

And why do I have a feeling that, for their honeymoon, Cilan would drag Iris to Nimbasa subway?

...So, how is that collab doing? Has it been updated yet? (I kinda want to start my chapter, haha...)

Honeymoon, honeymoon... For some reason I can just picture them going to Village Bridge. It just seems like a truly romantic place, with the lovely music, surrounded by lush green nature. Also there's an outside diner truck thingy, perfect for Dento to cook and share his food with travelers (and for Iris of course). It's just so...homely.

Anywhooo, I have this little bit of chibi Wishful fanart I drew when I was bored. I could finish it more and fix it up a bit, but I'm kinda tired and I just want to do nothing right now. xD

I got texture-happy here, haha.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Honeymoons, you say? Perhaps an easygoing yet at least mildly elaborate setup near, say, Dragonspiral Tower would suit Cilan and Iris quite well, given their expertise for adventure intermixed with flair. While Cilan happily tends to the food, Iris could think to herself about everything the two of them have accomplished and experienced together in Unova, from their initial encounter to their Pokémon and human friends. The harmony between these two trainers could incite some poetry on Cilan’s part, which Iris could very well applaud depending on how well it matches their surroundings, making any thoughts of tragedy comparatively unnecessary for this couple… and leading to this thought on my part.:

If you could think of a story genre that would most likely fit Wishfulshipping’s overall dynamic (e.g.: romantic comedy, poetry), then what genre would you choose, and why?

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
Hey guys.
As for the collab:

The collab is moving slowly yet surely forwards; no pressure to the people who have yet to post - it's a working effort! ^-^ So to answer your question FlameMistress, it all depends on what chappie you're gonna write. If it's chappie 11 or something further down the lines and towards the end of the fic, then I'd say you've actually got a while to wait and there's no harm in not starting right now. If you're nearer the start, I'd say it's good to get some ideas down. Don't worry though; you wouldn't be left out, even if it had been your chappie for a couple of weeks. I know that nobody else has left this and it hasn't been updated in a while. ^-^

Where would Cilan and Iris go for their honeymoon?

I would expect they'd have two. Bear with me! First one would be to Nimbasa City with the trains and then a romantic ride on the notorious Ferris Wheel. They'd spend a lot of time near the Subway for Cilan's sake (Iris calling him a pain on many occasions for nostalgic purposes) and then eventually - when she manages to draw him away from the train Gods - go to the amusment par of Nimbasa, enjoying various rides and eating various foods, finishing with a grand ride on the Ferris Wheel. As for the second one, Iris would take Cilan to Iccirus (SP?) City - in the WINTER and take him to DragonSpiral Tower with all the snow around them and the frozen Moor of Iccirus which they could skate on - thus revealing what Cilan isn't so enthusiastic about. xD For some reason, this idea appeals to me so much, I may enter it in the Wishfulshipping contest I'm planning to enter on FFN.net. Thanks for the topic Staraptor! ^-^
<
As for Cilan speaking French, Cress speaking Italian (I can't really see German...^^;...) and Chili speaking Spanish... Good God, yes! Spanish is delicious...~ What a brilliant idea! >//////<;

~Jess~

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Hey guys.
As for the collab:

The collab is moving slowly yet surely forwards; no pressure to the people who have yet to post - it's a working effort! ^-^ So to answer your question FlameMistress, it all depends on what chappie you're gonna write. If it's chappie 11 or something further down the lines and towards the end of the fic, then I'd say you've actually got a while to wait and there's no harm in not starting right now. If you're nearer the start, I'd say it's good to get some ideas down. Don't worry though; you wouldn't be left out, even if it had been your chappie for a couple of weeks. I know that nobody else has left this and it hasn't been updated in a while. ^-^
I think I'm doing the 14th chapter or something, so yeah.

...You know what, I don't even know what the theme of this collab is. I feel so dumb.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

I got texture-happy here, haha.

Aww! This is so cute x3 I like how you added the little flame and leaves. :3 Btw what do the kanjis say? =o

...You know what, I don't even know what the theme of this collab is. I feel so dumb.

Hmm all I know is that it takes place in the future focusing on Dento and Iris's Purrloin-obsessed child.

--

I kind of agree with gotpika. Dento probably wouldn't kill himself as he has probably read Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet before :p However, if something did happen to Iris I don't think he would take on a new wife/love.

If you could think of a story genre that would most likely fit Wishfulshipping’s overall dynamic (e.g.: romantic comedy, poetry), then what genre would you choose, and why?

Romantic Comedy. XD I see these two being humorous in general (which attracts me to the ship as they remind me of a comedy duo) and what would a ship be without romance? :p

Where would they go on their honeymoon?

I picture them going on a cruise...I forget what that one is called in Unova (S.S. Unova?). I blame the Cottonee episode for using the ship's theme in the episode. XD Though, there is a strong part of me picturing Dento dragging a weeping Iris onto a Subway Train...and of course he thinks those tears are happy tears. :3 It's ok. After Dento greases up the subway's window with his face and hands it'll be the best honeymoon they ever had. ^^ For some reason I always get this feeling that Dento thinks Iris is just as enthusiastic as him over these things. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.