• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

Well, well, well. It would appear that additional echoes have started to surface throughout my mind at that prospective synopsis. As different as Cilan and Iris could be, the prospect of joining forces with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively, could keep these two kids quite surprised at their capabilities. Whereas Cilan represents precision and introspection, Iris represents spontaneity and nature, in more than one sense of that last word. Perhaps a certain scenario that I envisioned back when I started pondering Wishfulshipping’s potential strengths is even closer to happening, now that I think about it, but at least for now, I’m entirely content to maintain the humor between Cilan and Iris, as my current thoughts could attest.:

How would Cilan and Iris comfort each other if they were stressed?

I could think of a simple conversation between Cilan and Iris, since they seem to be more open about their separate thoughts and emotions. One or the other might notice that something is wrong before offering to talk about it, taking advantage of the attributes that I noted. While Cilan could ask questions depending on what Iris says, Iris could offer some meditation in order to clear Cilan’s mind. I’m certain that they’d then compliment and thank each other for their suggestions and presence.

lightgiver

What if Cilan and Iris swap bodies?

That's not too silly; you wouldn't believe the fantasies I come up with for Wishfulshipping!

First, both of them will start freaking out, and asking why "your voice is coming out of my body". Then probably Dento would say something like, "Iris' body really is as shapely as I thought it was..." before Iris (in Dento's body) hits him square on the head for saying that.

And during mealtimes---
Dento(In Iris' body): I'll do it! It's lunchtiiiime!
Satoshi: Man, when you're saying it in Iris' body, it sounds even more disgusting.
Dento(In Iris' body): *sulks*

And on one of the other days, Iris forgets to comb her/Dento's hair.
Dento(In Iris' body): Why's my--er, your---hair looking in such a mess?! Pokemon sommeliers have to maintain a strict code of neatness!
Iris(In Dento's body): Oh, don't get into a fuss over that! You look better when your hair's a little messier sometimes. And--hey! Why's my hair look so neat all of a sudden? What did you do with it?!
Dento(In Iris' body): Well, I just used some of the hair gel I use everyday....why?
Iris(In dento's body): Hmm....maybe I should start borrowing some of that hair gel some day....
Satoshi: Get a room, you two.

Don't ask me why, but I love it when Satoshi acts as the Deadpan Snarker of the trio.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'm totally responding to the "Dento and Iris switch bodies" topic tomorrow. I love those types of topics, and all today I was mulling about what type of situations they could get themselves into. I might try to make this into a fanfic. XDD But yeah I'm going to respond to some posts (just sort of hyped from the movie) so expect an edit sometime in the near future.

Now, the Keldeo movie aired today. Not much Wishful moments really happened, but I still wore my Shippy goggles. XD; So bear with me~

-Iris from the air, Dento from the Earth. Both used themselves as bait to distract Kyurem. X3 Kind of like parents in a way. :3
-After some commotion and Dento's train glaciated, he was just sort of sitting there bored and then Iris magically comes from a blimp to rescue him. :3 Not dramatic, intense, passionate...but I found it amusing at least. XD
-When there was a huge explosion, Ash cuddles with Pikachu, it looks like Dento shielded Iris from it.x3 His arm went in front of her. Or it was an involuntary reaction that served as a shield. Either way a shield is a shield. XD

I don't know that last one I was surprised I noticed ._. Probably because I stare at Dento almost the whole time

Then probably Dento would say something like, "Iris' body really is as shapely as I thought it was..." before Iris (in Dento's body) hits him square on the head for saying that.

All the while while places his hands on her/his (I have no idea what to call them xDD) and slowly bringing them up to cross his arms *shot* *shot* *shot*

Anyway I'll answer this now:

What if Cilan and Iris swap bodies?

Personally, I'd rather it not be like Heart Swap, just because that only last a few seconds...and needs Manaphy/Metranome. xD I think it'd be funny if they met up with some old lady who looks like the village elder but not who is selling "potions." Dento and Iris get into an argument around her. Dento says it's all phooey, while Iris believes in it. The old lady smiles and says that the two of them could use a better understanding of things around them and close to them. Iris, thinking she means her Dragon feelings and stuff happily buys the potion and one for Dento saying it could help him be a better Sommelier. Dento's still iffy so Iris just forces it down his throat. The whole time Ash is just watching this sweatdropping.

(Also for this one I'm not having their voices change for a reason >:3)

Anyway the next morning is when everything starts to get crazy. Iris wakes up to discover she's considerably taller than Ash and her voice just got a lot more deeper and had to control her inner fangirling trololol she'd probably freak when her body is still lying in bed, probably thinking she's dead or something. Then Ash just asks "Dento what is wrong with you?" and thus her face goes pale and wakes Iris er Dento up. When he wakes up he freaks out and faints. (I'll just call them by their minds not by their body...just to make it clear xD).

After finally getting Dento awake, Iris thinks it's because of the potion they drank, while Dento thinks it's because of the Earth's magnetism and the air or something. xD (Either way, since I had to figure out some way for this, the potion amplified their erm...thoughts and stuff to make it seem like they are looking through each other's eyes.) Ash knows something is scarily wrong, so he goes out to search for the weird old lady.

So through out most of the day we get a vine swinging Dento if it doesn't break and a cooking Iris. Both secretly feeling a bit awkward for being in each other's body even worse they are opposite gendered...and like each other trololol. I can imagine after Dento cooks lunch //and wonders where the frick Ash is// he tells Axew in his hair that "Daddy's going to go and wash his hair," much to Iris's annoyance. She calls Axew over saying for him not to be scared and that Mommy's over there (which freaks poor Axew out. His parentz just changed genders). So anyway, Dento leaves and while he's washing his hair in a nearby stream, Langely comes to challenge him. I imagine him being confused at first, probably forgetting for a moment that he was in Iris's body even though he was washing her hair lol and then he has to battle her.

At the same moment, back at the camp, Cabernet comes and challenges Iris to a match. Which at first she frantically tries to act like she's cooking or doing something Dento would do (probably making some sort of mess). She battles and both of them have to use what they know about each other to win and not get humiliated--and it wasn't so much about "winning" more about they'd feel bad if they caused each other a loss because they weren't themselves.

In the mean time Ash finds the weird old lady who tells him to find her a shrubbery. >:|

I tried to make this one anime-like. xD I might make this into a fanfic though...MAYBE after I finish some other stuff. xD

Last edited:

Egitim

Poet Girl
Friends, you do not know how happy I am to come back to this thread at the end of the day to people who actually still like Iris.

Yes, I DID get into a semi-argument with a Georgia fangirl, why do you ask?

ccangelopearl1362

No need to worry, fellow Wishfulshippers. With Cilan and Iris as humorous as they can be together, I’m certain that any new trainers they encounter could have fun during whatever antics they end up experiencing together… preferably with as few genuine frights as possible. Even some of their current rivals could be surprised at their level of commitment and attention toward each other, especially should the following scenario come to pass.:

If Cilan and Iris switched bodies, then what do you think they would do?

Maybe Iris would be more likely to freak out about it at first than Cilan, in the sense that she’d yell in surprise before panicking for a few moments until calming down. Cilan, for his part, might attempt to reassure Iris out of instinct before they attempt to proceed with their daily activities, however awkwardly. They could attempt to keep their ordeal a secret for while if Ash starts suspecting anything… until something particularly noticeable happens, such as an encounter involving Pokémon. If they happened to find whatever caused their switch and managed to undo it, then perhaps Cilan and Iris could converse about their experience, most likely alone, before realizing that they know some things about the other’s thought processes, which they both could likely acknowledge more deeply and firmly in the future.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This is what I do with my free time nowadays:

View attachment 7182

Make badly-edited screencaps from the latest episode. If someone can do a neater job, please do it and replace it.

Hmm your attachment isn't working (at least for me) D; or else I could maybe edit it..though my photoshop skills aren't the best.

----
Anway!~ Here's some pictures. I swear, DenAi has the most out of context scenes ever O.e I wonder if they shared that room all night together. XD

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/1-67.png[/IMG139]

I love how Dento's eyes are here. xD

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/13-18.png[/IMG139]

Iris: Phew...

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/12-21.png[/IMG139]

Now she's cracked up off coffee.

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/2-64.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/3-54.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/4-47.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/6-38.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/7-34.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/9-29.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/10-24.png[/IMG139]

I tried to come up with something to say.....butif hgjagheehfga I want to know what they are saying. XDDDD Something I noticed though with how they are opposites. Dento wears socks, Iris doesn't and if you look at how they placed their shoes Dento's are placed neat while Iris's are placed messy. XDD

And I don't think Ash comes back...I think he stayed with Kotetsu....(who put his tent in the league...XDDDD)

I love how these two fit into BW's motifs <3 X33

lightgiver

Hmmmm. I've edited it, does it work now?

Also, I've just caught M15, and I love it, especially how much Dento and Iris are involved in it this time. Especially the moment when Dento is just sitting there forlornly after his train got frozen, and then suddenly he sees Iris. Suddenly, it's like you hear a 'Bing!', his life just got way better.

Out of Context scenes are just the fuel for fanfics. I hope they did share that room the whole night, and maybe a single bed too.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hmmmm. I've edited it, does it work now?

Yup! It certainly does. Great job with it, you did much better than I could ever do. XD They just need to snuggle now. X3 It's hilarious how they have some king sized bed while Ash has a twin...xDDD

Ash: I should get the big bed because I'm the one in the Unova League!
Iris: *hands on hips* Ash you kid, then where would Dento and I sleep?
Ash: *looks at the small bed*

Dento: *lying on king sized bed* u_u I rather like how this turned out~
Iris: *next to him* Same! ^^
Ash: *in his bed* >.>Pikachu they've got no respect for the future Unova league champion...

Also, I've just caught M15, and I love it, especially how much Dento and Iris are involved in it this time. Especially the moment when Dento is just sitting there forlornly after his train got frozen, and then suddenly he sees Iris. Suddenly, it's like you hear a 'Bing!', his life just got way better.

Yeah! I loved that scene. X3 She like comes out of no where--I was surprised Iris could see him down there. XD Interesting how they have Dento of the Earth and Iris of the Sky. :3 Sticking with the opposites with them. Anyway I burst out laughing during that part and my dad was all "That's funny?" xDD

Also ignore the crappiness but I got an image of something I noticed:

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/DEB63734-F9A1-4D1F-82FF-26657D5021F6-311-000000302BC17A0D.jpg[/IMG139]

;-; I don't know it my shippy goggles are on too tight or his arm did protectively try and reach out to protect her (and it didn't happen spontaneously, you can see him move that arm there) Generally when somethjng's coming to hit you you don't stick your arm out like that unless for a reason.

Out of Context scenes are just the fuel for fanfics. I hope they did share that room the whole night, and maybe a single bed too.

IKR? XD Or at least fun headcanons. :3 It's possible Ash bunked up with Kotetsu. His tent was there. XD

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
The Other King has been updated! :3

Hello! I'm new here; pleased to meet you! Here's a cute wishfulshipping comic! :) http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=30136320 I wish I knew what it said...
Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen this before and I think it's really pretty.

How would Cilan and Iris comfort each other if they were stressed?
Cilan would give Iris an epic hug and cook her a meal whilst Iris would glomp him to death. I think they would both by very comforting and then once one of them is no longer stressed they will probably party!

Whilst Cilan is pretending to be a ghost he always comforts her when she's alone and stressed.

lightgiver

Also ignore the crappiness but I got an image of something I noticed:

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/DEB63734-F9A1-4D1F-82FF-26657D5021F6-311-000000302BC17A0D.jpg[/IMG139]

;-; I don't know it my shippy goggles are on too tight or his arm did protectively try and reach out to protect her (and it didn't happen spontaneously, you can see him move that arm there) Generally when somethjng's coming to hit you you don't stick your arm out like that unless for a reason.

This one?

http://i15.servimg.com/u/f15/15/96/40/77/trio10.jpg

I hope it's this scene. I didn't see it the first time...too busy fangirling over Keldeo and Kyurem. Well, it could just be the angle that we were looking at the scene, but yes, I do think it was protective instinct too. They even made it happen in slow motion while Keldeo jumped up to protect them, so I do believe it was intentional by the animators.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hello! I'm new here; pleased to meet you! Here's a cute wishfulshipping comic! :) http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=30136320 I wish I knew what it said...

Heya cellophanerose, it's nice to meet you too!~ ^.^ I remember seeing that comic before, I don't have the whole translation of it, but I have a rough one:

Sushi said:
To summarize, Iris asks Ash if he has ever seen Cilan with his hair "down" before and he says that he has, and asks Iris if she wants to see it too... Well the rest is self-explanatory XD
So I hope that helps a bit....XD;

I hope it's this scene. I didn't see it the first time...too busy fangirling over Keldeo and Kyurem. Well, it could just be the angle that we were looking at the scene, but yes, I do think it was protective instinct too. They even made it happen in slow motion while Keldeo jumped up to protect them, so I do believe it was intentional by the animators.

Yup that's the one! Thanks for a clearer picture. XDDD You know, I don't even know how I noticed that. XD But yeah it could have been the angle Ihopenotihopenot xD or more of an instinctual thing. xD I don't doubt it was intentional by the writers (we just don't really know the true context), it had it's own animation and everything //of all things AN ARM//.

I am Lu

I rewatched the scene from M15, and yes, I'd say it definitely looks like he is laying a protective arm across her - especially with the slow-mo, haha.

ChoronekoLuver13

SHSL Artist~♥
I didn't see all of the movie, but I did see a big chunk of it. And yes, it does look like he's trying to protect her from harm's way~

And another thing, I had an idea of a topic (for those of you who've seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, it's kind of a tragic Tear-Jerker):

What if Cilan went out of his way to stop Iris from becoming a Magical Girl?
And no, I don't mean the Tokyo Mew Mew/Sailor Moon type of magical girl, I mean the ones from Madoka (whom Iris shares the same seiyuu as). You know, if Cilan's role were like that of Homura's, who kept restarting the timeline to stop Madoka from contracting.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I rewatched the scene from M15, and yes, I'd say it definitely looks like he is laying a protective arm across her - especially with the slow-mo, haha.

8D HA! So I wasn’t going crazy after all. XD But yeah it was the slow-mo….xDD

What if Cilan went out of his way to stop Iris from becoming a Magical Girl?
*cries* It’ll be nothing but bittersweet. :c It seems like whenever people reset for a shiny Madoka it ends in nothing but heart ache. Of course he could always just get back to the beta World Line. Better start deleting those texts.

It is a bit hard to put Dento in *exactly* Homura’s position because for one he’s a guy and two, if we’re going by anime standards, he’s known Iris a lot longer than Homura did in one timeline. I’m trying to think out of the box here so it’ll fit into Pokemon //this is going to turn into some strange montage…// jhjdgagfhg but rather based off of Madoka and Pokemon.

And yeah...I gave up near the end. ;-; I blame the intermission and hunger.

------
Background:

The story begins with a green-haired young man searching for a Pokemon in the Ilex Forest. It had been several weeks since his beloved Iris had passed away from unknown causes—or rather it was reported she had died outside in a terrible storm that had hit the Unova Region. Her body was found, broken and scarred. Something never felt right to Dento, he knew that Iris wasn’t the type to set foot out in bad weather—after all, he had been in shelter right there with her. His biggest hunch was that she had seen a Pokemon (most likely a Dragon-type) out and about during the storm and had snuck away from Drayden and him. A tiny seed of doubt was embedded into his mind, people had accused him of missing Iris far too much and that he had begun to obsess over her death. He didn’t doubt that it held some truth, but in reality he blamed himself. As her boyfriend, he felt he should have shielded her from all dangers.
He wasn’t one for time travel, only having knowledge of it through comic books and sci-fi television shows. Obsessed, he began to research it diligently, until coming across accounts of the Pokemon Celebi.

Now I’m going to condense this or else I’ll never post it up xDDD

Phase 1: The capture of Celebi I should make a Prezi on this after gaining it’s trust he goes back to the time back to the storm. This time he tries to keep a better eye on Iris, but curiously she still manages to leave. He resets the timelines 5 more times, each time resulting in the same fate for Iris. Each one dropping a small hint of her magical girl status.

Phase 2: Magic and Miracles are real

Next reset: He follows Iris outside, keeping Celebi close. He notices that she’s just standing there. Celebi uses it’s magical girl powers psychic powers to show Dento the world of which Iris is fighting (so in a sense is like using Safeguard combined with Psychic) He could see it all, Walpurgisnacht a witch…dento’s gonna have no idea what that is, Iris fighting for her life in some weird cosplay, barely hanging on to life. She falls and Dento runs to her side. With her dying breath she tells him that she loves him and all sweet stuff, she was going to ask him what he was doing there, but decided against. Mortified, Dento resets the timeline again.

Phase 3: Promise

Same setting, same scene, however Iris tells him that she’s dreamed of him coming to save her, with that angel of his and asks if it has the power of time travel. He says it does and Iris gives him one promise: to keep her from making the contract with that weird alien thing to become a Magical Girl in the first place.
Thus he resets the timeline even further back in time and let’s just say after numerous upon numerous time travels he pinpoints around where she became one. He sees who Kyubey is doesn’t buy into “wishes” due to his science-y brain and takes Iris by her hand and runs. However, no matter what he does, the strings of time keep grabbing her.

---Intermission--

Later he takes Kyubey and throws him into a canal screaming DADDY WON’T ALLOW IT then he finds out mother frickn QB can’t die. Kyubey calls him an idiot and it results in Dento stabbing him with his Yandere Salad fork saying he’d kill every last one of them until the extraterrestrials get tired of making more QBs. QB questions how he got to know everything about the past with Magical Girls and Incubators, and Dento chuckles in his signature Light/Okabe laugh and says that he made it all up sonuvabich and then the world explodes.

Phase 5: Only one way

Dento eventually decides that the only way to save Iris would be to have Iris remain herself and to defeat the Walpurgis himself. Sensing his growing despair, Kyubey allows him to become the first ever Magical Boy and he wishes to protect his dear, Iris.

._. And then the whole thing starts over and he winds up with a notched-ear.

So yeah I apologize..this is a mess. XDDDD; BUT I hAVE A HEADACHE XDD

ChoronekoLuver13

SHSL Artist~♥
@00poke_maniac

That is arguably the BEST PMMM/Pokémon thing ever! Someone ought to make a fanfic of it! I hope the others stop ignoring us log in soon, and see this! I don't think gender really matters, just as long as Cilan does his best to protect Iris!

Wait, what do you mean by Beta World Line? What's that?

FlyingEevee

Crazy B!tch
So, just here to inform you that I'm almost finished with chapter 4 of my long-forgotten Wishful 'Sleeping Beauty' parody, and my brother's working on his own...so there's (probably) two things coming up as Christmas presents for all of you. Unless we can't finish in time or forget to post before January, in which case I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I also had a Wishful dream, but I forgot it. And I would answer the topic, but I don't understand the question, so if someone could clear that up for me...?

ChoronekoLuver13

SHSL Artist~♥
And I would answer the topic, but I don't understand the question, so if someone could clear that up for me...?

I'd be happy to:

Okay, here's how it goes. In Puella Magi Madoka Magica, there's this girl named Homura Akemi who's trying to save her dear friend (probably more than a friend) Madoka Kaname from becoming a Magical Girl. And no, it's not the typical kind of happy-cheery-rainbows and kittens Magical Girl you see in Sailor Moon or Tokyo Mew Mew. In this show, to become a Magical Girl/Boy, you must form a proverbial contract with Kyuubey, which is where you let him encase your soul inside an egg-shaped gem called a Soul Gem, in exchange for one wish. Soul Gem is literal, so if it gets a certain distance away from you, you're just a lifeless doll. And if it breaks, you lose your life. Homura doesn't want Madoka to contract because if your Soul Gem gets too tainted from despair or using too much magic, it becomes a Grief Seed, and you become this horrible creature called a Witch (not the typical Halloween kind, it's like this scary looking beast). Once you become a Witch, another Puella/Puera Magi will come along and kill you to obtain your Grief Seed, and use it to purify their Soul Gem so they don't become a Witch. So, in order to prevent Madoka from dying, Homura kept using her powers (she contracted to save Madoka) to reset a timeline/go back in time to stop Madoka from contracting with Kyuubey, but kept failing.

Do you understand it now? If not, then just go watch the series.

Last edited:

FlyingEevee

Crazy B!tch
Ok, thanks for the explanation! I don't watch much anime(or television, for that matter) other than Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, so I was pretty confused. I still have no idea how to answer the topic, though. I'll just sit here and agree with the other answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.