• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wishfulshipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
Hello, I'd like to join the Wishful Shipping Discussion! ^_^ Is there some form of Application I have to fill out, or do I just begin posting and answering topics? =O

NOPE! Welcome to the Wishful Thread, Ducky!! We all sincerely hope you find your time here fun and enjoyable. Wishfulshipping needs all the love it can get! ^_^

Okay so, first post of 2013... better make it a good one. BY POSTING NEARLY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING~~

What do you think N would say about Dento and Iris?

"Why are these despicable trainers not together?" I dunno, perhaps he'd comment on the bond of their Pokemon bringing them closer together, which would tie in with the plot (or game plot anyways) and also wrap up N's purpose throughout his appearance. I imagin N would spot something about the Pokemon rather than the trainers themselves if he's anything like the N in the game... here's to hoping he is. >.<

Anyways, that's me done - my main purpose was to welcome Ducky, but I'll try to post a little more here too. :)

~Jess~

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hello, I'd like to join the Wishful Shipping Discussion! ^_^ Is there some form of Application I have to fill out, or do I just begin posting and answering topics? =O

Hey there!~ ^.^ Nah there's no application or anything. Just make yourself at home and answer topics. XD I guess you could say what you like about the couple if you wanted, but it's certainly not required just my curiosity xDDD

I don't care if nothing shippy came out of the battle, I just love how they worked together. <3

Agreed! I didn't think it would be really shippy when I heard of it. Not that type of episode...but they really worked well together, which in it's own way is very good! X3 I'd love to see them battle Cabernet and Langely in a Tag Battle. Gosh that'd be so cute. <3 And WITH Emolga and Stunfisk. They had a great idea going for them.

*screams* YES THIS. THIIIIIIS. This is like, the perfect combination ever. We need more of these two together which would by extension lead to more DenAi tag teams mwahaha

Stunfisk's face...I just...can't. XDDDDDD

Also, that Madoka Magica parody art is adorable! Nicely done, love the expressions.

Aw thanks! It's also a parody to Steins;Gate, which is why Dento's wearing a lab coat. ^^

Aw! I had to reblog this on tumblr. x3 I love the background!~ x3

Hmm it'd be interesting if he compared them to Reshi and Zek...or talked to Kibago and it said how they were like mommy and daddy >:3

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Again, thanks for uploading the episode pictures! Its always nice seeing the Wishful side to an episode. I think Cilan's got this thing with ports, since whenever they are at one he goes overboard, see what I did there? ;P I also like all the fanart!

I like the new opening! Notice how N didn't separated them, in the opening but the new ending I felt like crying to, knowing it may as well be their last together. ;~;

N: Satoshi, Dento and Iris's Pokemon tell me they like it when both of them get along together. ^.^
Satoshi: Of course! Well, they are best buddies after all! *,*
N: Hmm... Well yeah, it does seem like they're very open with the Pokemon. ^^;
Satoshi: They're open with all of us, see, we don't keep secrets to ourselves. Right, guys? ^-^
Iris: Right, Satoshi! ^^;
N: Oh, well if you say so... ^^;
Dento: Well, you see, with did try to explain to him but he's right when he tells us our friendship keeps us together. ^,^

Oh, welcome Gothic-Gothorita! Haha, I remember when I first asked that twice.

Awe, Ash stayed in Unova this time with Cilan and Iris until he decides on where to go next for his journey. ;~; Instead of getting beat by Gary again. Ok, I'm going stop here before his post gets too long.

lightgiver

You could learn the way the animators do! From the settei/character design sheets. <3

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8yu2cWmtN1qitc21o4_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8yu2cWmtN1qitc21o6_1280.jpg

The Pokemon anime has very simply drawn eyes, which makes them easy to draw, but also easy to mess up. With practice, they become very easy, though!

( And awwww at what N might say. <3 So cute. )

Thanks! I've been looking for those character sheets for a while. Only that I've gotten so used to drawing stick-eyes that I'm kind of attached to that style of drawing now...

"Why are these despicable trainers not together?" I dunno, perhaps he'd comment on the bond of their Pokemon bringing them closer together, which would tie in with the plot (or game plot anyways) and also wrap up N's purpose throughout his appearance. I imagin N would spot something about the Pokemon rather than the trainers themselves if he's anything like the N in the game... here's to hoping he is. >.<

~Jess~

Hmmm.

N: I love Ferris wheels. The circular motion… The mechanics… But not as much as I like YOU two together! GET TOGETHER NOW!
Iris: But we-
N: But Nothing! I'm the King of Team Plasma, so obey my orders!
Dento: We aren't even in Team Plasma to begin with! Not unless you count me being a Shadow Triad member...
N: Not in Team Plasma?! Who cares?! I have fangirls! You don't! I rule here!
Satoshi: ...Who the heck invited you along?

Flynnie Junior

Pokemon Coodinator
Hiiiii! Im back! Im super duper sorry for not being around lately, but stage crew for the school play has kept me really busy. (and yet after so much rehersal, the play still sucks.) ANYWAY...
What would N say and Iris and Cilan?
Well, Im a big supporter of pansage/emolga so maybe N could notice that those two like each other, then look at their trainers, then go like "Oh, I know where they get it from!" Then the whole group colud return to Nimbasa City, and N could say "Alright, Ill go with Ash (I dont ship those 2 btw) so Cilan, you have to go with Iris." Then they'd be all like wut, but then N would just holler "GO!" and they'd just cave. Heehee. And for the next chapter for my fanfic, I'm going to try have it up by Feb.1. I really wish it could be sooner, but my play premires on the 25th. Again, it really sucks. Off topic, but nessacary. I wrote this all on my iphone btw, yay me! Laters!
Flynnie Junior signing off to go complain about her suckish play to her bestie!

Oh geez i feel stupid. sorry forgot some thing. Welcome to the thread Gothic Gothorita! (Im no longer the new girl on the block... yay!) this is probably the craziest thread on the web! Dont worry thats a compliment. just be glad u didnt start when the mouthwash thing was around... funny but weird. alright, see u all later!

cellophanerose

Ghost Trainer
Oi I still need to do some fanart for this couple. D: Does anybody have any requests/suggestions?

Flynnie Junior

Pokemon Coodinator
Cellophanerose, I have an idea! maybe you could draw a picture of Iris and Cilan's wedding! or maybe them on the nimbasa city ferris wheel, or them going ice skating... god. I have way too many ideas. (I need to get out of the house more, and go somewhere that isn't stage crew.)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think my brain just exploded from the cuteness of that idea.

Dento + Iris= Kibago. :3

Oi I still need to do some fanart for this couple. D: Does anybody have any requests/suggestions?

Maybe you could draw them fishing? :3 But Iris with her hands of course. XD

Also @Flynnie with your earlier two posts: Try to refrain from double posting. ^^; It's not allowed on these forums. It's a common mistake though, I think everyone's done it before. XD There's an edit button below the posts. :)

--

On a side note I've been working on a AU/Gameverse fic that will be posted here and FF.net in the near future.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I was under the impression that I had already posted here but I don't see my name in the supporters so I must not have.

Oh well, I wanna join in. I really happen to love this pairing. Cilan and Iris make a very interesting pair, needless to say. And the interactions they have. Oh, I could go on for hours. I rerally happen to like this pairing a lot though.

So, can I join in this dicussion, please?

N: I love Ferris wheels. The circular motion… The mechanics… But not as much as I like YOU two together! GET TOGETHER NOW!
Iris: But we-
N: But Nothing! I'm the King of Team Plasma, so obey my orders!
Dento: We aren't even in Team Plasma to begin with! Not unless you count me being a Shadow Triad member...
N: Not in Team Plasma?! Who cares?! I have fangirls! You don't! I rule here!
Satoshi: ...Who the heck invited you along?

I must say, that really cracked me up. What Ash said at the end was priceless.

Hmm, lets see..

I don't eve know what he would say.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Hey Everyone. It has been a while since I been here. So it is time to answer the topic
What do you think N will think of Iris and Dento?
Exactly like in the picture Yuppriox posted. XD N would be totally weirded out. Axew calling Iris and Dento parents. N would think of them as a couple or something. Maybe even question why Axew thinks of them as parents. Maybe he ask Pansage as well on the relationship of those two.

I am Lu

Exactly like in the picture Yuppriox posted. XD N would be totally weirded out. Axew calling Iris and Dento parents. N would think of them as a couple or something. Maybe even question why Axew thinks of them as parents. Maybe he ask Pansage as well on the relationship of those two.

The funny thing about it is that N would unquestioningly believe Axew (at least, he would if his character closely follows his game counterpart). N believes he comes from Pokemon. I don't think it would be all that surprising for him to believe a Pokemon could come from humans.

Lovely comic, by the way, Yuppriox.

Last edited:

lightgiver

Love the comic, Yuppirox, it's adorable.

N: So your parents....are those two.
Kibago: Yep!
N: And what about the kid in the cap?
Kibago: Whuh?
N: That one there, with the Pikachu.
Kibago: Whuh?
N: ....Forget it.

I've also been thinking of doing a GameVerse wishfulshipping comic. With Satoshi dressed as Kyouhei/Nate. I wonder how that'd turn out.

What is your favourite Wishfulshipping moment in the series to date?

My favourite is still the scene in the Ishizumai episode, when Dento's Yanappu develops a fever and Iris immediately brews a medicine for it. The way the two of them were caring for their sick baby pokemon was just too adorable for words. D'awwwww.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1d/WishfulShipping.png

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Welcome to the thread Oceanus! :D

@Yuppirox- That comic was simply adorable. x3 you should post things on pixiv someday xDDD

The funny this about it is that N would unquestioningly believe Axew (at least, he would if his character closely follows his game counterpart). N believes he comes from Pokemon. I don't think it would be all that surprising for him to believe a Pokemon could come from humans.

Oh gosh...xD And Dento has green hair. Explains why they got a Kibago and not a Dratini or something. XD

I've also been thinking of doing a GameVerse wishfulshipping comic. With Satoshi dressed as Kyouhei/Nate. I wonder how that'd turn out.

Aw that'd be cute. :3 You should totally do it. ^^

All of them jk I'd have to say the one in BW204 when Iris shoots down Dento calling him a pain, then he comes running over at the end. That moment was just too cute. X3

Though I do like the moment in the Ishizumai episode. That was probably when I started to take the ship seriously. :3

EDIT: Episode picture

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/1-68_zps5bc762d9.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/2-65_zps5e4fe1f0.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/3-55_zpsecbc92b2.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/4-48_zps4c92b6e4.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/00poke_maniac/5-43_zps4c639fe6.png[/IMG139]

Gotta run guys! But next epi: Pokemon attack Ash, Iris and Dento. Iris gets mad, Dento giggles. xDDD CUTE! XD

EDIT: Here's a piece of fanart. X3 http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33118287

Last edited:

Flynnie Junior

Pokemon Coodinator
OMG, IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!! I HAD A WISHFUL DREAM!!!!!!!!! I fell asleep at one of my performances, and had my dream.
Iris and Cilan were auditioning for the Lion King, and Cilan got Zazu, while Iris got Nala. Ash got Simba. Cilan got super jeaulos, and he asked Ash to switch roles. Ash caved, and Cilan and Iris sang 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight" together, and Cilan kissed Iris at the end. Then the auditorium started shaking, but it turns out that it was just my boyfriend waking me up for curtain call. END!
What's your favorite Wishful moment?
I have two. First, the face painting. I laughed so hard. Second, the moment where Iris hollered Cilan's name in the Litwick episode. I just went, "AWWWW! She cares!"
Flynnie signing off to go take a nap, seeing that she was up until 10:00 at my performances last night. LATERS!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
@Flynnie: Ok I seriously lawled at Dento initially playing as Zazu. XD So um did Pod and Corn want Dento back into their trio and try to mess up Dento and Iris's moments? XD

You know...jelly Dento comes into my dreams as well. I remember I had one where Stephan like flirted with Iris and Dento got mad and like tried to beat him with a sling shot. o_O It was during a Don Tourney. XD

Oh oh and guys I have a question!!

What sort of headcanons do you have for Wishfulshipping? (this can be anime-verse, game-verse etc.)

FlyingEevee

Crazy B!tch
I've been having weird Pokemon shipping dreams every other night lately, but they've all been for a pairing I only ship because my Sims of them ended up together through story progression. You'd think that finishing the rough drafts for a long story would free my brain for Wishful(or at least focus on one of the pairings we wrote for that) but no.

On the bright side, I am writing Chapter 5 of my fairytale right now, and I have another few Wishful fics planned.

Anyway, on to the topics:

Probably the one where Cilan finally heard Iris calling him a pain an curled up in a Ball of Despair, and wouldn't stop sulking until she apologized. Or the face paint. Or any of the others.

What sort of headcanons do you have for Wishfulshipping?
Um, define 'headcanon' here. Like, is it present timeline, their future together, or what? Or does that not matter?

lightgiver

Well, I think I mentioned it before, but it's a GameVerse one. Over there, Dento is a reformed member of the Shadow Triad, a secret that Iris discovers at N's Castle. She promises to keep his (or their) secret, and keeps contact with him. That's when they train together and she becomes strong enough to be Champion. She doesn't tell anyone but her Grandpa, Drayden, who has viewed this with...mixed reactions, to say the least.

Drayden: What's that?! You're going out with a TEAM PLASMA member?!
Iris: Ex-team plasma, Grandpa! He's reformed now!
Drayden: You're going out with a reformed ex TEAM PLASMA member?!
Iris: ...Yes?
Drayden: He and I are going to have a little TALK!
Iris: Oh, dear.

It's around this time that Dento and his brothers defect from Team Plasma, leading Ghetsis to hire a new Shadow Triad to eradicate them (thus explaining the Memory Link scene where they appear at the same time). Needless to say, the two of them are like Black and White, with one being a former ninja that likes skulking around in shadow and resorting to more underhand means to do stuff, and the other being an outgoing girl who wants a fair, rough, all-out battle. It doesn't stop them from falling in love with each other and getting into a relationship.

Well.....crappy headcanon from me. I'd love to hear any other responses.

ChoronekoLuver13

SHSL Artist~♥

Hmm, I think I have quite a few. Here are some that I can think of:

. One time, Cilan and Iris watched Titanic together, and Cilan started bawling at the part where Rose says "I won't let go, Jack". Also during that time, Iris ate a big chunk of the popcorn (she did say romance makes her hungry).

. The reason Iris is so skilled in agility and flexibility is from her days in Team Galactic, a secret she keeps from Cilan in fear that he may never want to see her again if he found out (totally not a reference to my first fanfic).

. Cilan once went through a rebellious rock douchebag fan phase with Roxie (another reason he was excited to go back to Virbank). Iris is the only one who's seen a photo of him during said phase, and Cilan is slightly embarassed every time she giggles at it.

I have silly headcanons, so don't take them too seriously, but just roll along with them. Besides, that last one was a joke between me and my big sister.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.