• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WishfulShipping (Cilan x Iris) General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note.My.space.bar.is.broken.so.thats.why.I.use.the.dots

This.Thread.is.for.WishfulShippers
To.Share.Info.And.Discussions
I.also.Ask.people.To.not.bash.the.black.and.white.anime.or.to.hate

Whoooh.Wishful.for.the.win.XD

LOL.hope.no.one.takes.this.too.seriously

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I am a fan of this shipping, which hasn't been discussed in quite some time. I wrote a fanfic which I only wrote one chapter of. It's a crossover with one of my favorite TV shows, Twin Peaks. In it, Cilan and Iris move to the town of Twin Peaks and get caught up in an investigation of a murder that has the exact same circumstances as one in 1989 (it's set 25 years later). While I am excited for the revival of Peaks, that's another discussion (as is my headcanon that Cilan and Iris live in Twin Peaks to this day).

Cilan and Iris are opposites in many areas, that's why they go so well together. They do say opposites attract - Cilan comes from a civilized world, Iris is more of a jungle person.

Nice.dud.WishfulShipping.truly.is.one.of.the.non.ash.shippings.with.the.most.proof.and.hopefully.Iris.and.cilan.will.meet.up.again.plus.I.plan.to.make.a.
.fanfic.where.iris.and.cilan.get.in.trouble.with.one.of.the.kanto.legends

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Now I think a good song to describe this shipping is "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

Look at the first verse. It contains the lines "just a small-town girl living in a lonely world" which Iris could relate to, and "just a city boy" which perfectly describes Cilan.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I love wishfulshipping. I kinda feel like the only person who still ships it but it's nice to know that some still like it. I always liked their dynamics and how Cilan seemed to be a calming influence towards her. I once wrote a wishfulshipping fic called The Other King which many people liked. Somebody even called it a community jewel. It made me feel honoured. It was sort based on the tudors and history of kings and queens because I always felt that Iris was very regal.

Egitim

Poet Girl
How nice to see this!! This is my favorite Pokémon ship. :D

WishfulShipping is one of my Pokemon OTPs! I just adore this ship, can't get enough of it. It's not the most popular ship, but it's so cute!

ChloboShoka

Writer
Wishfulshipping is also one of my OTPs too. Nice to see that others still like it. Anyone know any good wishfulshipping fics around lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.