• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

With Great Power...

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
I was just reading this Comic a few minutes ago and wondered, Why give 10 year old kids such power? The power to rule the world in the hands of every single kid! If kids could capture Arceus what more can adults do! If they were in the wrong hands there would be chaos everywhere! Discuss

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Because immature, little kids will relate to immature, little kids more than adults.

EDIT: Rankup!

Because power is only power when it's not common. Everyone in the Pokemon world can use Pokemon so it balances it out. If one person tries to rule the world then it would be easy to beat them even with powerful Pokemon as you could have hundreds of powerful trainers battling them in turn and gradually defeating them.
If a human were to have wings, he or she would be powerful, but if every human had wings, then he or she would just be normal and would not be very powerful at all.

buskalilly

Seeing as everyone has Pokémon, it would be more dangerous not to let kids have them. Also, I get the impression it takes a lot of skill to be able to train Pokémon to their full potential. Most of the people in the games/ show don't have a Charizard and a Lugia and they've never stopped Kyogre destroying the world

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I have to agree with the guys above and like they said if every can do it, it is not something worth worrying about

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The comic itself gave the answer:

They are kids... What's the worst that could happen?

GalladeX

Actually, there is a certain thing I've thought of:

Noland's Articuno, despite being a Legendary, lost to Ash's Charizard.
The Articuno in The Power of One, however, was extremely powerful, if I recall.

The Palkia that I caught on Mt. Coronet seems much stronger than the very same one that lost to a Roserade on Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I ask you this, is it possible that a Legendary Pokemon becomes weaker when captured?

And the regular Pokemon, the equilibriam theory is suffice. A regular Pokemon -if given a fair match, such as Dragonite vs Snorlax- is balanced against another regular Pokemon. Thus, that is why everyone in Pokemon World isn't dead.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Well...I agree that it's a bad idea. I mean....seriously? If I threw a fit at the age of 10, and I had a Charmander, I would totally make it set fire to someone's house. Soooo....obviously not the best idea.

Not to mention the fact that as I got older (and turned more demonic and power-hungry) I would train my pokemon and then I would use my Charizard to EAT my foes. Hahah!

In all seriousness...oh wait. I WAS being serious. I mean...honestly...when I was a kid watching the anime, I always wondered why you couldn't just train an electric pokemon to throw out a killer amount of volts and send it straight to a human's heart. >_> I mean. Instant death. Or have my Charizard set a person on fire. I would literally rule the Pokemon world.

But that's why Pokemon =/= real life. Or we'd all be screwed.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
*ahem*

REMEMBER PEOPLE WHEN YOU CATCH A LEGENDARY POKEMON IT LOSES IT'S POWERS THAT'S WHY IT IS NOT RAINING WHILE YOU WALK AROUND WITH KYOGRE, OR YOU CAN NOT DIMENSION HOP WITH GIRATINA!!!!!

I have proof to back this up if someone's really going to be ignorant.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Pokeballs have been canonically stated to act as a kind of a power limiter, so no need to worry about legendaries.

And the thing about the Pokemon world is that almost everyone is freakishly polite and responsible.

Profesco

gone gently
Pokeballs have been canonically stated to act as a kind of a power limiter, so no need to worry about legendaries.

Ooh, really? I either did not know or did not remember this. Can you explain it? It's an interesting notion.

And the thing about the Pokemon world is that almost everyone is freakishly polite and responsible.

Not by my standards. =/

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ooh, really? I either did not know or did not remember this. Can you explain it? It's an interesting notion.

It's stated somewhere in D/P/P. It's the reason Cyrus needed to use the Red Chain to capture Dialga/Palkia, and why he didn't just chuck a Master Ball at them.

Not by my standards. =/

Your standards must be very high then. Seriously, these are the people who, after battling you, give you half their money and (in the case of team members) stand aside and let you keep on going. Hell, you can even walk into houses randomly and chat with the people inside.

Hell, even if you lose to Giovanni the guy will still let your character run over to a Pokemon Center and patiently wait for you to get back.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It has something to do with pokemon?
I don't know, maybe he is the hero of this show.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Well really they're not being given Arceus, that just happens later in the game. But I get what the comic is saying, and it's already been answered by the first dude to respond; little immature kids will relate better to little immature kids better than to adults.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Are you sure? I think they've just mentioned that Pokeballs contain the power of a Pokemon while it's inside and restrain its abilities then, once it's out though, it's back in full power. And I think Cyrus said something like "I do not need Pokeballs because I'm not gonna treat Pokemon like trainers do and I just need them to destroy the world blah blah blah"

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
And I think Cyrus said something like "I do not need Pokeballs because I'm not gonna treat Pokemon like trainers do and I just need them to destroy the world blah blah blah"

No, Cyrus needed the Red Chain so Dialga/Palkia would still have their awesome power, just they would actually listen to him.

It says this in-game...