• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

With Great Power...

"Pokemon dont respect those without skill, without the right love and respect they will just do as they please"

GO! ELECTRODE! BLOW UP THE TOWER! MWAHAHAHAHAH! EXPLOSION!?"

*electrode goes to sleep*

Gosh darnit..

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
to resolve all questions, got to the room you battled Cyrus in the Galactic Headquarters, in the back there is a Labtop, it has Cyrus' Data findings in it, noting how a Pokeball captured legendary's power is unable to be tapped into, he had a masterball but gave it to you, becuase he no longer needed it.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
No, Cyrus needed the Red Chain so Dialga/Palkia would still have their awesome power, just they would actually listen to him.

It says this in-game...

K, my mistake then, been a while since I saw him talking :p

But, if you look at the "pokeball restrains your power" matter technically, then its wrong because the stats before and after capture are the exact same. If that's the case, then the only reason why the protagonist doesn't start distorting time/space after capturing Dialga or Palkia is because he doesn't feel like it. Which would also explain why no one apart from Cyrus does it....

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
Its because Pokemon is origanally meant for children so characters have to be children.

Cobalt_Latios

*ahem*

REMEMBER PEOPLE WHEN YOU CATCH A LEGENDARY POKEMON IT LOSES IT'S POWERS THAT'S WHY IT IS NOT RAINING WHILE YOU WALK AROUND WITH KYOGRE, OR YOU CAN NOT DIMENSION HOP WITH GIRATINA!!!!!

I have proof to back this up if someone's really going to be ignorant.
I know there's a trope for this... where something is really powerful, but the instant it's on your side, it drops ridiculously. I'd link to it, but I can't find it.

Not by my standards. =/
Wait... you have standards for that sort of thing??

C_L

The Seer

OOH...MYEE...GAAWD..
Its for children so the main characters should be children.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
K, my mistake then, been a while since I saw him talking :p

But, if you look at the "pokeball restrains your power" matter technically, then its wrong because the stats before and after capture are the exact same. If that's the case, then the only reason why the protagonist doesn't start distorting time/space after capturing Dialga or Palkia is because he doesn't feel like it. Which would also explain why no one apart from Cyrus does it....

Stats don't apply to the natural abilities of some pokemon, like Dialga's control of time, Houndour's never ending flame, ect.

I know there's a trope for this... where something is really powerful, but the instant it's on your side, it drops ridiculously. I'd link to it, but I can't find it.

C_L

You're looking for Redemption Demotion.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Stats don't apply to the natural abilities of some pokemon, like Dialga's control of time, Houndour's never ending flame, ect.

That's why I said technically, their powers can't be proven to have lessened. However, as for Dialga, I'm pretty sure it couldn't start controlling time when it was a Lv. 1 hatchling (if that's even possible). Once more, these inherent abilities for Pokemon like Houndoom don't really exist in the games, so one can't prove that their power has diminished after being captured. Apart from the legendaries, these other Pokemon don't have any special powers even prior to the capture. And the legendaries, like I said, probably still have their power but don't use it because they aren't being controlled by someone like Cyrus.

CliveKoopa

Your standards must be very high then. Seriously, these are the people who, after battling you, give you half their money and (in the case of team members) stand aside and let you keep on going. Hell, you can even walk into houses randomly and chat with the people inside.

Hell, even if you lose to Giovanni the guy will still let your character run over to a Pokemon Center and patiently wait for you to get back.

There are also trainers who block your way and force you into battle regardless of the condition of your pokemon. You can't choose to forfeit or not have a battle and the only way to get past is to win. In the anime, winning isn't important and you aren't forced to battle every single trainer you meet and especially if your pokemon are sick and injured.

Mankanshoku Mako

Considering that everyone elses pokemons would destroy yours if they all put themselves into a massive army coming after your six garchomps, nobody is going to attemp a takeover. Especially a young child.

HO-OH Pro

IS because everyone had them including adults and the pokeballs have a power limit so you wouldn't have to worry about really strong pokemon killing people. =P