• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

With Pallet seen in BW1, Misty/Tracey are officially MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshub

Banned
Speaking of HGSS promotion,Misty is also gym leader in those games so if wanted writers could have use her as one of elements to advertize them.

They already used her to promote FR/LG. They are not going to be lame by repeatedly using the same character when others who are more important to the game can be showcased.

Jessibelle cant be compared to Jessie because they are still different characters with different personalities.Point is that her return shows how noone can be too old to be brought up again if writers decides to do something regarding them.

You can think of Jessiebelle as an alterego of Jessie. They are essentially the same person wearing a different mask. You would have a better argument if they brought back Duplica, Ritchie, or other COTDs from Kanto.

Also i think you meant Cerulean,and speaking of Misty and gym thats not problem in any shape or form if writers decide to bring her back.

You are correct there, I meant Cerulean. But that is how long Misty has been gone I barely remember her (nor do I care). There needs to be a good reason for a character to be brought back. Misty in AG made sense. But anything beyond that is impossible.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Dude Cyber having to hate everything is crazy.As long Ash is still there I still watch taking the fact that you might be a pokeshipper or not.I dont know but I here for the anime.And yes Im a shipper but not poke.I would like to see Misty too but the fact is maybe the characters return in the finale of Best wishes anyway the series was confirmed to be like Kanto short like 80-88 episodes.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, I knew all along that Misty wouldn't appear, I do feel sorry for her fans though I have a feeling will never see her again. Good-bye Misty, you were an intresting character in your own ways. You may not have been my favorite female character, really you were my least favorite still. Tracey, still not sure of for all we know he could appear at the end of the series when Ash travels back home. Course that's a big if, they might not even show him.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
People make me laugh, they really do. It's kind of pathetic once you think about it, don't you think? A certain few people who know what they're talking about call Cyber out on a few pointless threads and now everyone thinks that they can do it about every thread he makes. And lo and behold if it mentions Misty or Johto anywhere.

The reason they do this though is pretty obvious, they want to get recognition by subtly attacking the forum's "fall guy". But that's not the point, as much as many of you may dislike Cyber and want to look like important forum members. You're not.

This thread follows what the Anime Spoilers section is here to represent. It allows people to discuss something that recently happened in Japan.

It offers food for thought on something that everyone who frequents this section should know about.

Oh no, not another Misty thread.
You're in luck. It's not. Instead it's about all past characters.

....And your point is?
He's giving us something to talk about. What is your point in posting pointless comments that can be classes as spam.

I too want to know what the point of this thread is.
Really? Cool. As for me, I'd like to know why you're posting useless comments that don't contribute in any way and as with the above comment, can be classes as spam.

Is it just me, or does Cybercube bring up Misty more often than the Misty fans do?
Is it just me, or do n00b's think they are clever by going after a much more experience member just because everyone else does? Maybe if you learn a little and frequent the forum longer you'd actually be able to contribute properly.

Yet, you once AGAIN make another thread based on a dead & buried topic.
Dead and buried? Seriously. BW001 and BW002 aired today and they're already dead and buried? I think the doctors need to start working better. He's talking about something that recently happened in the Animé and offering us his thoughts on what happened and how characters may or not be seen in the future. Get your definitions right before posting, 'kay?

Anyway, Cyber it's time to stop beating a dead horse.
This would be a truthful comment, if this thread was specifically about Misty. Instead it's about the entire "ex-"cast as a whole, making the old "Cyber's talking about Misty again" argumnt, null and void.

So, now to the point of the entire thread.

Cyber, yes I agree with you. Most of the characters are probably gone in terms of cameo's for This Saga. But with each new saga comes new outcomes and more time to learn from the writers so ruling characters out completely isn't likely to happen. We never know what the future holds.

In fact, I'm going to go with what we know here and say that in my opinion, none of the old cast will return or make cameo's until the end of the saga/next saga. So as to fit in with the whole "Fresh Start" that the writers promised us.

So there we go, that's my opinion...Discuss.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
You can think of Jessiebelle as an alterego of Jessie. They are essentially the same person wearing a different mask. You would have a better argument if they brought back Duplica, Ritchie, or other COTDs from Kanto.
Exactly. Pokefan132 doesn't understand that those were old characters that could appear since they were related to other things/characters in these days. He can't understand that old character don't return just because he wants.

Yah, I knew all along that Misty wouldn't appear, I do feel sorry for her fans though I have a feeling will never see her again. Good-bye Misty, you were an intresting character in your own ways. You may not have been my favorite female character, really you were my least favorite still. Tracey, still not sure of for all we know he could appear at the end of the series when Ash travels back home. Course that's a big if, they might not even show him.

You should've said Goodbye 8 years ago...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Huh. Well if I'm being completely honest with myself I knew something like this would happen. Pokemon is constantly moving away from older themes so it was a bit obvious that they'd eventually stop relying on Misty and Tracey, considering that their prime ended almost 10 years ago. I don't find it sad though, I just find that it's a natural process at this point, change I guess. Nothing in the world remains the same for long but I can at least remember all the fun times I had with Misty and Tracey ;_;

BlueDragonfangirl

Yes, well I thought maybe she'd appear again as a guest not as a main character of course but not it doesn't seem like its happing.

Stabberz he made two threads like this in the past without even knowing it'd be the case. But whatever, I just wanted to say my good-byes to Misty since we are talking about them not appearing again.

pokemon fan 132

They already used her to promote FR/LG. They are not going to be lame by repeatedly using the same character when others who are more important to the game can be showcased.

On other hand bringing someone actually popular and more important to promote remakes would be more beneficial move pleasing audience more.

You can think of Jessiebelle as an alterego of Jessie. They are essentially the same person wearing a different mask.

They still have different background stories,different traits and things going or them.Lookwise they are similar,storywise?Not in the slightest.
But why stop on Jessiebelle when we have other older characters who were brought back like Magikarp Salesman,Butch and Cassidy etc.

Argument of character not being too old to be brought back still stands.

There needs to be a good reason for a character to be brought back. Misty in AG made sense.

And there were planty of valid reasons writers could have brought Misty back for.
-coming for some water tournament to advance her story regarding her ultimate goal.
-to catch new water type which isnt available in Kanto at same time helping about one of plots going for current region whether its about villains or something else
-to be used as direction which would inform Ash about new region like Gary did at same time featuring new water type from 5th generation
-to help progres current plot helping to new charaters development.Someone mentioned how she could be used to help Iris in case her stoiry is gym related.
And those are just few out of whole plethora of reasons.

Just like they created Wallace cup to bring May back for when in reality they could pass up on her,there is nothing stopping them to create something to have Misty comeback for too.

But anything beyond that is impossible.

Only in your opinion,because it certainly wouldnt be impossible for writers to come up with a reason to bring Misty again.When character has valid reasins to be brought back as main again with writers openly admitting her lack of development with story being left open,appearing for cameo is even easier.

Point is that writers decided to pass up on her and all opportunities they could have her back for due to number of characters making place already crowded.

Exactly. Pokefan132 doesn't understand that those were old characters that could appear since they were related to other things/characters in these days. He can't understand that old character don't return just because he wants.

Not at all,but at same time unlike some people i actually understand how writers decisions and power of plot dictates who will be brought back.Fact is that if wanted writers could have bring Misty back.

Many older characters like Giovanni,Jasmine,Gary etc became irrelevant long time ago but that didnt stopped writers for giving them some purpose again in this show.

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
On other hand bringing someone actually popular and more important to promote remakes would be more beneficial move pleasing audience more.

Just because Misty is loved by certain obsessive shut-ins, does not mean she is popular to the wide audience composed of 7 year olds who grew up liking Dawn and Piplup.

They still have different background stories,different traits and things going or them.Lookwise they are similar,storywise?Not in the slightest.
But why stop on Jessiebelle when we have other older characters who were brought back like Magikarp Salesman,Butch and Cassidy etc.

What do they all have in common? They are all related to Team Rocket. Hence they are free to make appearance because TR connects with them.

-coming for some water tournament to advance her story regarding her ultimate goal.

Misty winning a tournament serves what promotional purpose?

-to catch new water type which isnt available in Kanto at same time helping about one of plots going for current region whether its about villains or something else

As we have seen from Jasmine, gym leaders are quite happy with their very old pokemon.

-to be used as direction which would inform Ash about new region like Gary did at same time featuring new water type from 5th generation

Once again, Gary is directly tied to Oak and he is from Pallet. Misty has no business there besides her single obligatory reunion, but the show moved passed that.

-to help progres current plot helping to new charaters development.Someone mentioned how she could be used to help Iris in case her stoiry is gym related.

The writers are short on time and resources, they are not going to waste it on Misty while Iris and Dento (the current promotional campaign) are in need of it.

All which are meaningless outside your obsessed and biased mind.

Just like they created Wallace cup to bring May back for when in reality they could pass up on her,there is nothing stopping them to create something to have Misty comeback for too.

May needed a cameo, Misty already had one. Beyond that, it's time to move on.

Only in your opinion,because it certainly wouldnt be impossible for writers to come up with a reason to bring Misty again.When character has valid reasins to be brought back as main again with writers openly admitting her lack of development with story being left open,appearing for cameo is even easier.

Too late for that. If they really felt it was necessary Misty would have made an appearance in DP, considering it had a huge stretch of arcs. They couldn't make time for Misty because she simply did not matter anymore.

PePer

There will be no more remakes of games where Misty appeared, sorry. R/S/E is next to go, still there will be no glory for May, I expect that.

All these characters were brought back for TR.

Argument of character not being too old to be brought back still stands.

For main cast members, it does, as new characters come by every new generation, and older ones doesn't serve the purpose anymore.

And there were planty of valid reasons writers could have brought Misty back for.

You made em' up, if these ideas ever went across writers heads Misty should be here, she isn't, so they are like...useless?

May and Dawn were coordinators it was so ****ing easy, with Misty they have to create certain complicated backstory which affects more than just contests.

Mr. Shudo right? As I said ex-head writer, and he admited it after he left, really? Haha.

Point is that writers decided to pass up on her and all opportunities they could have her back for due to number of characters making place already crowded

Not at all,but at same time unlike some people i actually understand how writers decisions and power of plot dictates who will be brought back.Fact is that if wanted writers could have bring Misty back.

They didn't...

king gyrados

Is it just me, or do n00b's think they are clever by going after a much more experience member just because everyone else does? Maybe if you learn a little and frequent the forum longer you'd actually be able to contribute properly.

For some reason this comment really ticked me off. Just because I don't have as many posts as other members on this forum doesn't mean I'm not as smart as them. When made that comment about Cybercube always bringing up Misty, I was stating my own opinion!

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
For some reason this comment really ticked me off. Just because I don't have as many posts as other members on this forum doesn't mean I'm not as smart as them. When made that comment about Cybercube always bringing up Misty, I was stating my own opinion!

I never said you weren't as smart as anyone else. As for your opinion...it's completely irrelevant to the thread and does not stick to the topic in anyway. Which is what you've done again(And something I've also done with this post(. You want to reply to me about things unrelated to this topic then do it by VM.

Champion Jared 14

Well, we certainly thank you for proving us all wrong! I hope you're satisfied with the intentions of you're thread to say "In your faces you bloody unbearable pokeshippers!", which I'm pretty sure was the intention behind this...I mean, let's face it only half of your topics are genuine discussions, and I don't expect this one to last long either for it following the nature of your "observations" of the show...

To whoever it may concern, that's just my two cents...

king gyrados

I never said you weren't as smart as anyone else. As for your opinion...it's completely irrelevant to the thread and does not stick to the topic in anyway. Which is what you've done again(And something I've also done with this post(. You want to reply to me about things unrelated to this topic then do it by VM.

Fair enough. I just get really mad when I feel like my intelligence is being insulted. As for something relevant to the thread, as I've already said in my first post in this thread, I don't think either Misty or Tracy will disappear from the show completely.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
They still have time to return. I'm betting that there is a filler arc after BW.

pokemon fan 132

Just because Misty is loved by certain obsessive shut-ins, does not mean she is popular to the wide audience composed of 7 year olds who grew up liking Dawn and Piplup.

And yet whenever older character returns there is certain boost in TV ratings with episodes having more viewers due to attention of older fans being catched more.
More viewers means better ratings.

What do they all have in common? They are all related to Team Rocket. Hence they are free to make appearance because TR connects with them.

And Misty,May etc are related to main hero of this show Ash being his friends.

Also characters like Gary,Jasmine etc are in no way related to Tr still appearing.

Misty winning a tournament serves what promotional purpose?

Characters doesnt have to promote new games to be brought in.During her first appearance in Hoenn nothing from Ruby and Sapphire was promoted and speaking of tournaments new water types could have been promoted being showcased through some competition being more interesting than seeing them in some random filler or training based episode.

Also even ex pokemon director stated this could have be one of reasons said character could be brought back for.It doesnt matter if it didnt happened,but it gives us insight in possible actions which may have been taken by writing staff.

As we have seen from Jasmine, gym leaders are quite happy with their very old pokemon.

What kind of argumemnt is that?If you knew anything about Mistys character you would know how much she is passionate about water types being eager when she see new ones wanting them.

[QUOTEG
Once again, Gary is directly tied to Oak and he is from Pallet. Misty has no business there besides her single obligatory reunion, but the show moved passed that.[/QUOTE]

Misty wasnt necessary to be at Pallet at start of Battle Frontier either but it didnt stopped writers from having her there.Besides Cerulean is near Pallet and it makes perfect sense when someone wants to visit his old time friend being reason why Misty was there last time.

The writers are short on time and resources, they are not going to waste it on Misty while Iris and Dento (the current promotional campaign) are in need of it.

Another invalid argument,.If older character helps current characters to advance their storylines this is in no way waste of time since plot is being advancd with new characters through help of others overcoming their issuies.

Like May did by helping Dawn during Wallace Cup.

Also even if character doesnt contribute to current plot,if his storyline is advanced more this is not waste either considering he received benefit from it,at same time satisfying audience.

All which are meaningless outside your obsessed and biased mind.

Meaningless to you.
I think title of obsessed and biased can go to someone who actually thought "Dawn will from now on be permanent co-star with Ash".

Too late for that. If they really felt it was necessary Misty would have made an appearance in DP, considering it had a huge stretch of arcs.

As long show is running,its never too late.

They couldn't make time for Misty because she simply did not matter anymore.

And if wanted writers could make her relevant again,like they did with other older characters.

All these characters were brought back for TR.

At same time they werent necessary to be brought back,which explains why during Hoenn,Johto and Batle Frontier there were no signs for alot of them.

For main cast members, it does, as new characters come by every new generation, and older ones doesn't serve the purpose anymore.

Personal opinion doesnt equal being factual.If writers want to bring older maines back,they will again serve purpose so that argument pretty much fails.

You made em' up, if these ideas ever went across writers heads Misty should be here, she isn't, so they are like...useless?

First,water tournament thing was used as example for which Misty could be brought back by Masamitsu Hidaka(ex pokemon director who was after that storyboard artist).Considering he actually worls for pokemon company,his words holds more of credit than fan opinions,actually knowing how writers operate and how things work.

Reason why Misty wasnt brought back is for the same one why May,Dawn etc wont appear later on too.Problem is not in lack of valid reasons to be brought back for because writers can easily create them or use othings unfinished in their stories to create a purpose behind their return,but because there are already too many older characters for all of them to be brought back in one region.

May and Dawn were coordinators it was so ****ing easy, with Misty they have to create certain complicated backstory which affects more than just contests.

We are talking about cartoon for little kids in here.If you want show with complicated and deep story,your following wrong one.

Your forgetting how older characters doesnt have to be in connection with new characters not contributing to their development like May did.Mistys cameo was for purpose of advancing her story.

p.s,.My,my i always get a good laugh when hearing arguments from Misty haters.

Last edited:

Fa7e

i want them to show them again but now i think ive given up, it'll just be the same thing, him forgeting about the people he travelled with, then starting a new journey with new people just to forget them later to, and dont forget about him forgetting everything in the past and becoming a noob again, i still think they should rotate between older characters, but, it will never happen
and Off topic: can someone tell him why they have to make him still 10, thats ****ing stupid, they should at least make him like 13 by now, he acts alot older than he did when first started his journey, ALOT, he also sounds older -_-
i was pretty excited for BW but now i dont think i care, that whole thing about him throwing a pokeball right away because he forgot was the ****ing stupid, do they really have to make him dumb again and still 10 for new little kids to watch the show

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

They still have time to return. I'm betting that there is a filler arc after BW.

If there is a filler arc, which I'm sure there will be but if any one's appearing during one it will be Dawn and Brock.

Fa7e That's the point, remaking the series is to bring in new viewers, if you first see the series now you won't need to bother watching the past series. You'll only see Ash/his mom and Oak.

PePer

p.s,.My,my i always get a good laugh when hearing arguments from Misty haters.

I always have good laugh when Misty is mentioned and you suddenly pop up from nowhere like a ninja, defending her and explaning same crap all over again =S, I don't know are you getting free blow*ob for that? If so can I join? I will love Misty forever.

i want them to show them again but now i think ive given up, it'll just be the same thing, him forgeting about the people he travelled with, then starting a new journey with new people just to forget them later to, and dont forget about him forgetting everything in the past and becoming a noob again, i still think they should rotate between older characters, but, it will never happen
and Off topic: can someone tell him why they have to make him still 10, thats ****ing stupid, they should at least make him like 13 by now, he acts alot older than he did when first started his journey, ALOT, he also sounds older -_-
i was pretty excited for BW but now i dont think i care, that whole thing about him throwing a pokeball right away because he forgot was the ****ing stupid, do they really have to make him dumb again and still 10 for new little kids to watch the show

Dumb, stupid...what are you doing here? Don't like, don't watch it, simple as that.

There are only two ways really to solve this issue:
-either character replacing stops with rotation of older characters taking place with writers concentrating on them progressing them more instead of continuing with this pointless cycle which brings nothing good
-or new set of pokemon chronicles is made featuring characters who are absent in main series

You just don't get it. Ash is the only character who will forever be on the show.
If they kept any old character for more than what they were destined to do, it would be a complete boring disaster. You can't deny this.

However does that mean we will never see older characters including Misty or Tracey again?I dont think so,some of older characters are too popular(demand for some of returns is big)and iconic to be completely phased out and from anime standpoint they have reasons to be seen again as long they have unfinished things from past going for their stories allowing for excuses and material to be brought in.
If decade old unimportant charaters like Jessibelle,Jasmine,Gary,etc could be brought back after years of absence there is no reason why more important previous maines shouldnt come too.

When will you get it through your head that the writers don't care about those so-called popular OLD characters. They know they will always have more than enough people watching their show. And it's true, almost everyone in this section at least pays the anime attention. Even you, so don't give me that "THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE FANS" crap.

Yes call me a fool or whatever you want,but unlike some people i havent lost hope of older characters being seen again,with their time of return not necessarily meaning at end of this show.
In reality we dont know what will happen with them,and what are writers plans(if they have them).

Can I score some drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.