• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

With the current information what are you looking forward to the most right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

So yeah the question is pretty much exactly what it says, what are you looking forward to at the moment?

With the current information, I personally can't wait to see Cilan vs Skyla to see how it sets up Ash's battle.

Assuming Ash battles Skyla the next episode/a few episodes later, I can't wait to see whether this Gym will match up to how intense and dramatic the past two gyms have been.

And of course im looking forward to Movie 15.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm basically looking toward Ash's Unova team finally taking shape. At the beginning I thought this team seemed fairly dull, but now that they're evolving and Ash is building a small army its starting to get more interesting. Its too bad the writers can't divide up equal screentime though.

Shame really.

Haunter ゴースト

Same actually, although I wouldn't say they're built up yet.

Despite how strong Ash is in BW, his team still seems fairly weak mainly because they haven't exactly turned into big threatening Pokemon yet.

Give it time and I can see Gigalith being a major powerhouse for Ash.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I guess we're just awaiting who will be the next Charizard, Sceptile or Infernape of the team. Its going to take a while before we figure out who the next star is.

Other than that Cilan proves to be more entertaining than past characters while Iris is kinda being forgotten. And here I thought Iris would prove to be a really interesting and unique character, but it feels like the writers don't know what to do with her.

Haunter ゴースト

I would have straightdown said Oshawott/Samurott would be the new powerhouse starter, but ever since i've seen that Pignite will be the first to appear im having my doubts, and personally I don't really want Emboar to be the star, especially since it's typing is exactly the same as Infernapes last region.

Cilan's great, the fact he battles all the time and shows great stategies and strength is great too, it's a shame Brock didn't battle as much as he did.

Iris gets the odd development episode but most of her development depends on Axew.
Either way I think it's quite clear she's getting a big story development arc during Opelucid City with Drayden and the 8th Gym.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Despite how strong Ash is in BW, his team still seems fairly weak mainly because they haven't exactly turned into big threatening Pokemon yet.

Yet you could argue the same thing about the Hoenn team that fought in the league. Pikachu, Corphish, Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal and Glalie isnt exactly big bad is it? If Ashs team had NO MORE evos before the league and he entered with the team seen in the new sequence, I wouldnt say that is underpowered for a show where the writers make it so that evolution isnt the be-all and end-all.

Its going to take a while before we figure out who the next star is.

Apart from Infernape, were Charizard or Sceptile real 'big guns' in the region where they were captured?

On topic, Im looking forward to how Swadloon evolves; just want to see whether the writers make the happiness factor a big thing or not given that weve seen so little on-screen interaction recently between Ash and Swadloon.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm looking forward to the end of the saga, honestly. Not that I want it rushed, but I always enjoy the League, and the rivals in this saga are great so the League could be great too. And the idea that we could also be getting a Battle Frontier filler again.

Zhed

Froakie here I come
I really wanted Oshawott to be the main starter for ash =/
His other waters never actually even got the evo 2 :(

But Ash always had the grass/fire starter thing going for him (Bublasaur,Bayleef, Sceptile and Torterra, Quilava, Charizard and Infernape).
Bulbasaur had the chance to evo but didnt.

Tbh I cant wait too see what happens to Snivy, It hasnt been utilized fully yet and with his "main" rival having one too should be fun :D

Haunter ゴースト

Yet you could argue the same thing about the Hoenn team that fought in the league. Pikachu, Corphish, Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal and Glalie isnt exactly big bad is it? If Ashs team had NO MORE evos before the league and he entered with the team seen in the new sequence, I wouldnt say that is underpowered for a show where the writers make it so that evolution isnt the be-all and end-all.

I suppose that is very true, but the thing with the Hoenn team was that he had no reserves so all of the attention is on those 6 (including Pikachu) Pokemon and didn't need to be spaced out which I think Unova needs to.

Apart from Infernape, were Charizard or Sceptile real 'big guns' in the region where they were captured?

Eh, Charizard was but ignored Ash.
In Johto which was still the OS Charizard was used a lot more as a powerhouse most notably against Falkner, Claire, Gary and Harrison.

Sceptile wasn't really a powerhouse until late AG which I would argue most notably against May's Blaziken, even so it's shown as a powerhouse for obvious reasons in DP taking out Darkrai in a single blow.

It's hard to tell who's going to become the next star of the starters this time around, Im hoping Samurott still though.

I'm looking forward to the end of the saga, honestly. Not that I want it rushed, but I always enjoy the League, and the rivals in this saga are great so the League could be great too. And the idea that we could also be getting a Battle Frontier filler again.

I agree, i don't hate the saga but I always like seeing what's going to be the next big step in Ash's journey and what's exactly going to happen.
Too many questions are in my head such as if Ash might win the league etc.

Zhed

Froakie here I come
Ash has a main rival? :O

Obviously its Trip, Trip just like Paul thought Ash is just an overated kid.

Bianca is more like Barry, more a friend then a rival :p

;007;

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm excited for BW to end. I love BW but I want to see how the league is done. I would hate for them to make Ash end up in the top 16 though even though there going for a Kanto vibe.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm excited for BW to end. I love BW but I want to see how the league is done. I would hate for them to make Ash end up in the top 16 though even though there going for a Kanto vibe.

The exact same thought popped into my mind.

I hope he can at least make it to the Top 4, i'd also like to think a mention of his other places are done but I doubt it.

I was pleased when Brock said to Dawn how 'this is the furthest Ash has ever made it in the league before' once Tobias defeated him.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
At this point, Ash does has fairly strong pokemon in the likes of Snivy, Palpitoad, Boldore, Swadloon, Krokorok and possibly Pignite. But I am going to wait just before the 8th gym to see how the setup team for the team will look and whether ash's team is strong. I pray that by the league, scraggy will be able to battle other pokemon, oshawott will have evolved or evolve there at least once, some of his other pokemon like Boldore and Krokorok will have gotten stronger and possibly done evolutions again and generally be able to scare and suprise Trip in the league.

As for Iris, I don't really care. I always have and always will consider her the unova and weak version of misty. Cilan is worse than brock but still alright, I am glad that he has shown how to use his pokemon in certain tactics (Like Crustle with protect, rock wrecker and shell smash, really good).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The exact same thought popped into my mind.

I hope he can at least make it to the Top 4, i'd also like to think a mention of his other places are done but I doubt it.

I was pleased when Brock said to Dawn how 'this is the furthest Ash has ever made it in the league before' once Tobias defeated him.

I kinda think he may just win it since BW has had so many plot twists. I'd rather he wins then ends in the top 16. Maybe the E4 has not appeared since he may do an e4 challenge and instead of facing Alder face N due to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.