• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

With which types do you build your team?

• Thread starter Deleted member 341531
  • Start date

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
I will always include a Ghost type and a Dragon type. I sometimes include a Water type, and a Steel type, despite them the same weakness.

I tend to not use Poison types for some reason, I should probably experiment with that soon.

Chardregionite

Must include: ghost, dragon, water, fire

Try to include: dark, grass, psychic, flying, ice

Don't care either way: normal, steel, electric, fighting, ground, rock, poison, bug

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I have to have somebody that can learn fly.
I also have to have a specially orientated water type (if it's going to be a surfer, it might as well have a good special attack to boot)
I sometimes choose as to whether I have a fire or an electric type, but I normally go for electric due to the fact you get electric types earlier in-game.

For the main part I'm flexible, I like to change my teams up a lot.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I always keep my main team basic with any remaining types in their move sets.

Anyway, I always have a Electric (mainly Pikachu or the regional Pikachu), Flying, Grass, Fire and Water types for each slot. I usually have Normal too but that's just a coincidence while my last slot is a random typing. I also have a few reserve Pokemon for a few other types of Pokemon or same types but they're never really on my team.

Gampi

ガンピ
All my teams always include a Fighting-type somewhere.
I try not to include Ice Pokémon because they are fragile when it comes to battling, plus there are many non-Ice Pokémon that can learn Ice moves, which makes adding a Dragon counter really easy.

In all my teams, it must include:
• Water
• Fighting
• Normal
• Grass
and the other two could be a combination of the 4 above or 10 below

I may use in a team depending on my challenge or willing to give another Pokemon a try
• Dark
• Ice
• Fire
• Ground
• Dragon
• Electric
• Poison
• Psychic
• Ghost
• Dark

I will never even consider using - don't like these types
• Bug
• Steel
• Rock

and the last type I won't use at all unless I need the HM fly (use it quickly when I reach destination I'll box it right away)
• Flying

ECM

My teams always vary. But I have tendencies to include a water type, an electric type, an ice type, a fighting type, a flying type and a ground type. But I don't always follow this. It's just more rare for me to have rock types, bug types, etc.

whitesamurott

Eevee Trainer
I usually use electric types, water types, fire types, and one type of eevee

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I always have Grass and Water.

The rest is more mixed, although I do also commonly use Ice, Electric, Ghost, Flying, Bug, and Psychic Types.

I barely (if ever) use the other Types.

Yeah, it varies on the game, as my liking of Pokémon Types between the Regions vary greatly.

Missingno.Fan

I always have something that knows fly on my team. I also would like to have Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting, Ice, and Ground represented.

Grass is almost always on my team
I like a pokemon with high defence so usually a steel type
water because steel and grass are weak to fire
those are my must haves.

Good fire types are hard to come by but if i come across a good one i will use it

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I used to at least have a Dragon type in my team (wich isn't the case in Leaf Green and White 2), but I always try to get a Dragon type in my team.
But I always, always, want a Water type in my team. I refuse to use any type else (such as Stoutland or Tauros) to get Surf. If my starter isn't the Water type, I always go catch one. Even there, sometimes I catch one with a Water type starter (Blastoise and Dewgong in Leaf Green). Same goes for a Flying type to get Fly.

Last edited:

Arbok4Ever

Both the Grass and Water type are always present in my teams, and most of the times I have a Flying type for Fly.
I also use a Poison type on nearly every team.
Guess which one.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I used to at least have a Dragon type in my team (wich isn't the case in Leaf Green and White 2), but I always try to get a Dragon type in my team.
But I always, always, want a Water type in my team. I refuse to use any type else (such as Stoutland or Tauros) to get Surf. If my starter isn't the Water type, I always go catch one. Even there, sometimes I catch one with a Water type starter (Blastoise and Dewgong in Leaf Green). Same goes for a Flying type to get Fly.

I remember in Firered that I used Rydon for Surf. It felt weird.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
For me, I love Psychic types for their special extrsensory powers (not just the move extrasensory). Quite often, after defeating the elite 4, I'll have a 100% psychic type team.

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
In my Alex files, I ALWAYS have a Machoke, so fighting is a must. Usually my team looks something like...

Fighting
Grass (/Ground, /Poison)
Water
Flying
Rock (/Ground)
Psychic

On some occasions I have Fire.