• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wizard's Wrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryuel

Wizard's Wrath Tournament Announcement:

0rdaSUn.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~
tc8oIWr.png
~~~~~~~~~~​
Tournament Banner by Kida-Ookami

The Trinity League presents its next casual Wifi Tournament for everyone: Wizard's Wrath!
This real-time tournament will take place on Saturday and/or Sunday, August 16th-17th.
We have thought of a creative theme in which trainers will battle each other using their Wizard Pokémon and their Spellborn allies.

The Wifi tournament rules are the following:
  1. Tournament format: up to 6 rounds on Multilevel format (point based system, so no knock-outs)
  2. General Smogon Rules & Double Tier
  3. Double Battle format using one, non-changeable team
  4. each participant must use 3 Wizard Pokémon as well as 3 Spellborns
  5. "Wizard" Pokémon may not be trained in the Atk. stat or use physical moves (like Sacred Sword, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, etc.)
  6. Spellborns are subdivided into 3 categories: Familiars, Apprentices, and Infernals. Participants must either use 1 Pokémon from each Spellborn category, or use 3 Pokémon from only one of the Spellborn categories. (see FAQ for legal examples)
  7. not more than 1 Legendary Wizard and 1 Legendary Spellborn allowed
  8. Players must open the battle with a Wizard & a Spellborn Pokémon.

Tournament Point System:
Players can participate by posting "signing in" directly into the tournament thread starting Saturday (August 16th).
Participants can choose to battle any other signed-in opponent to earn points and battle either on Saturday, Sunday, or both days. Each participant may only battle up to 6 opponents, and the player with the most points by the end of Sunday will be determined the winner. (Ranking will be announced on Monday)
  • 1 Victory = +3 pts.
  • If Victory: +1 pt. is awarded for every remaining Pokémon
  • If Loss: +3 pts. are awarded if opponent has 1 Pokémon remaining; +2 pts. if opponent has 2-3 Pokémon remaining; +1 pt. if opponent has 4-5 Pokémon remaining
  • 1 Victory against opponent with equal or more pts. = +3. pts.
  • In the unlikely case of an "auto-win" (if by the end of Sunday the number of participants is uneven), then the auto-win counts as +1 pt.

Prizes for the upcoming tournament include the following:
  • Feature Prize: 5IV shiny Fennekin (1st place winner may claim any feature prize - contact Cryùel to claim this prize)
  • Feature Prize: 5IV shiny Eevee (2nd place winner may claim any of the remaining feature prizes - contact DragonTamer44722 to claim this prize)
  • Feature Prize: 5IV shiny Alakazam (3rd place winner will receive the last remaining feature prize - contact Cryùel to claim this prize)
  • Random Participation Prize: 2IV nicknameable shiny Slurpuff/ 2IV nicknameable shiny Aromatisse (one random participant who has participated in all 6 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Cryùel to claim this prize)
  • Random Participation Prize: 2IV nicknameable shiny Trevenant/ 2IV shiny Gourgeist (one random participant who has participated in all 6 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Cryùel to claim this prize)
  • Random Participation Prize: 3IV event Diancie (one random participant who has participated in all 6 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Cryùel to claim this prize)

On the day of the Tournament: Signed in participants, as well as their points, are updated here.

Battle Result Form
Please post your results into the Tournament thread after every battle. (just remember not to double-post)
Remember, ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
HTML:
Round # & Opponent's name: 
Team used against opponent:
Battle Result with Score:
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponent's performance: x/10
Comments about the match:

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Trinity League to participate?
A: No, absolutely anyone and everyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - whether non-League players or registered Trinity League Challengers, Gym Leaders, etc. The more, the merrier! :)

Q: For the "Wizard's Wrath" tournament, which Pokémon count as "wizards"? Can I change my team members during the tournament?
A: As the rules state, each player must use 3 Wizard Pokémon & 3 Spellborn Pokémon from this list. A "Wizard" Pokémon may not be trained in the Atk. stat or use physical moves (like Sacred Sword, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, etc.). Furthermore, players must either choose 1 Spellborn from each of the "Spellborn" categories, or choose 3 Pokémon from one Spellborn category.

Q: Can you give an example of a legal team?
A: Example for a legal team that uses 3 Wizard Pokémon & Spellborns from each category: Delphox (Wizard #1), Jolteon (Familiar), Azelf (Wizard #2), Florges (Apprentice), Lucario (Wizard #3), Regirock (Infernal)

Example for a legal team that uses 3 Wizard Pokémon & 3 Spellborns from one category: Gardevoir (Wizard #1), Azumarril (Familiar), Slowking (Wizard #2), Venausaur (Familiar), Togekiss (Wizard #3), Espeon (Familiar)

Q: How do I register for the tournament?
A: Simply post "signing in" into the Tournament thread on the day of the tournament (either Saturday or Sunday). A Thread Overseer will list you on our participant list and you can PM/VM any other signed-in participant to ask if you can battle them as one of your 6 opponents for the tournament. After your battle, simply post your battle results using the given form.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: There will be up to 6 rounds for each player. Since each the tournament is point based, there are no knock-outs and everyone can choose which opponent to battle for points! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round of 6vs6.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: Simply post your battle results into the thread (if you were the last person to post, update your post to avoid double-posting) and find your next opponent whenever you feel like it! :)

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. It is encouraged to list your opponent's team in the tournament battle result form.

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament isn't over yet. What do I do?
A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please try to be available for opponents to battle you until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! If you absolutely need to leave, please mention that in the thread.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There are 3 feature prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets one of the other feature prizes, while the 3rd place winner will receive the remaining feature prize. Three participation prizes will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all 6 rounds can be considered for this prize)

Last edited:

cryuel

Announcement: We have updated our feature prizes as well as participation prizes to three each!

If you're interested in participating, please post your interest here so we know approximately how many people will join us on Saturday (16th) and/or Sunday (17th). You're also welcome to discuss potential teams and ask our Tournament Overseers questions regarding our theme and the tournament mechanics.

@Tournament Overseers: Please introduce yourself here in the upcoming days and indicate on which days you will be available, as well as the approximate times (GMT) of your availability. Thanks!
I myself will be available the latter half of Saturday and all of Sunday (GMT +1).

Cryùel, 1177-7100-9446, GMT +1

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I'll probably be joining. As of right now I have no clue which day would be better.
My Fc is:4656-6947-6562
gmt -5/6 I never remember which x.x

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm in.

In-game name: Pi
Timezone: GMT -8
FC: 1220-6627-2913

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
TOURNAMENT OVERSEER HERE!
Hey there folks! Shoveler reporting for duty! I'll most likely be helping the tournament run smoothly that weekend as an official Tournament Overseer. If anyone has any questions from now until the tournament ends, PM or VM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I won't be able to battle most likely, but I hope that everyone has a great time :)

Last edited:

cryuel

I'll give it a go.
Nickname: Katelia
Timezone: GMT+1
FC:5472 - 7002 - 0253

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm in.

In-game name: Pi
Timezone: GMT -8
FC: 1220-6627-2913

Great, welcome! It's nice to see new faces at our fun casual Wifi tournaments! :)

As you're preparing your teams, check back on next week's Saturday to freely arrange your 6 battles with the other contestants once you all sign in on Saturday~
Invite your friends to join (forum & IRL) if you like~

Also: TOURNAMENT OVERSEER HERE!
I'll most likely only be able to join some of Saturday and then more on Sunday.

Last edited:

Marashu

Name: Marashu (both on serebii and in-game)
FC: 4227-1956-1429
Timezone: GMT-4

EDIT: Sorry, folks, but I'm going to need to withdraw. Good luck to everyone participating!

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I didn't notice this until now, haha. ^^;
I don't think I have any upcoming plans around these dates, as far as I know, and I hope it stays that way.
Do count me in for now! :3

Name: SilverLanayru
FC: 1977-0801-2134
Timezone: GMT -7

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
So it turns out I won't be able to participate D:
sad, I came up with the idea ;A;
any who, hope y'all all have a lot of fun in it! ^w^

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Aww, so sad Colton, since it was your idea.. :/ You sure you can't participate at all? It is flexible after all in terms of when on Saturday and/or Sunday you battle.

Well idk. Theres this game I play regularly, and wednesday will bring a new update too it so I see myself playing it all week/into the weekend. Idk I might find the update boring :S
I guess I'll try and come up with a team just in case >.<
I just get this vibe that I'm not going to want to do anything other than play it >w>

Edit: I'll try to join. Working on the team, and if nothing gets in my way I'll be here saturday and/or sunday. :3

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
My first wifi tournament battle :S

UserName: Ryohei
In game name : Erry
FC : 1134 7732 5905
GMT time zone : GMT +7

Cutty

Forever now
I can manage on Saturday, but Sunday depending on the time.
I'll sign anyway.

Serebii Username: Cutty
Timezone: GMT +7
FC: 2449 6004 1037

Also if anyone has a 5/4 IV Modest/Timid Riolu w/ Vacuum Wave and willing to give/trade me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'm lazy to breed that thing.

Thank you Dragontamer

Last edited:

cryuel

My first wifi tournament battle :S

UserName: Ryohei
In game name : Erry
FC : 1134 7732 5905
GMT time zone : GMT +7

Welcome, it will be a lot of fun! :)
Seeing that your time zone is very far apart form many other people, maybe try and contact the opponents you'd like to battle a bit in advance on Saturday/maybe even Friday already if you can.

Serebii Username: Sito
Timezone: GMT-6?
FC:1676-4178-1142

Not sure if I'll be able to battle much but what the heck, I'll try xD

Dragontamer44722
GMT-4
5370 0586 3904

Looking forward to battling you again, Sito and Dragontamer!

I can manage on Saturday, but Sunday depending on the time.
I'll sign anyway.

Serebii Username: Cutty
Timezone: GMT +7
FC: 2449 6004 1037

Also if anyone has a 5/4 IV Modest/Timid Riolu w/ Vacuum Wave and willing to give/trade me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'm lazy to breed that thing.

Along with everyone else, just added you to the signed in participants on the Tournament sign-up list. If you can, spread the word and invite friends to our Wifi Tourney using Wizard & Spellborn Pokemon~ :)

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Twinyoshi
1306-6191-8985
gmt -7

Status
Not open for further replies.