• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wizardy Magic Number Guesser (This ain't a spambot)

Did it work?

• Total voters

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
I've seen one of these before they're pretty cool. I chose 24, and it chose the right signal at the end. I'm not sure how though.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
How did it read my mind? If I just look at a random number it won't work. If I think of a number and look at it, it will work! What kind of sick formula is it using? I'm confused!x-x

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
No matter what number you choose at the beginning, you will end up with a multiple of 9. Therefore, all it has to do is put the same symbol for every multiple of nine available. That way, no matter which multiple you end up with, the symbol shown at the end will be the one you looked at.

Also, whoever said 'no' is probably adding/subtracting wrong to be honest. I may be missing something, though.

Am I correct?

Last edited:

My number was 17 all three times.

EDIT: tried again thinking the same number, and it guessed 18.

EDIT 2: I see the formula, but Bianca already pointed it out... it still got my number wrong.

EDIT 3: Oh, symbol... it still got the wrong symbol every time.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
No matter what number you choose at the beginning, you will end up with a multiple of 9. Therefore, all it has to do is put the same symbol for every multiple of nine available. That way, no matter which multiple you end up with, the symbol shown at the end will be the one you looked at.

Also, whoever said 'no' is probably adding/subtracting wrong to be honest. I may be missing something, though.

Am I correct?

You are. I was so freaked out until I checked this, but that's how this works.

Still, it's really crazy when you don't know.

Vernikova

Champion
It gave me 18 and 36. My number was 50 both time. It clearly didn't work for me.

Yeah so far it has worked for it every number I've given it but 50. The other two numbers were 36 and 17.

e: scratch that I mean 51 due to the multiple of 9 thing.

Last edited:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
It worked! Wow...

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.

My number was 17 all three times.

EDIT: tried again thinking the same number, and it guessed 18.

EDIT 2: I see the formula, but Bianca already pointed it out... it still got my number wrong.

EDIT 3: Oh, symbol... it still got the wrong symbol every time.

It gave me 18 and 36. My number was 50 both time. It clearly didn't work for me.

Yeah so far it has worked for it every number I've given it but 50. The other two numbers were 36 and 17.

e: scratch that I mean 51 due to the multiple of 9 thing.

17, 50, and 51 all yielded a multiple of nine and worked for me. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but the explanation I posted two days ago still seems to be correct. :/

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
i did 73.

it guessed 72.

seen this before, but it was like, a year ago.

73 works, too. 7 + 3 = 10. 73 - 10 = 63, which is a multiple of 9. All of the multiples of 9 have the same symbol, so it has to be correct. Besides, it doesn't even guess a number, so I don't understand what your second sentence means.

Grey Wind

17, 50, and 51 all yielded a multiple of nine and worked for me. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but the explanation I posted two days ago still seems to be correct. :/
I don't really understand your explanation. It worked for me, but not all multiples of nine have the same symbol.

Bianca~

Almost Never Online.
I don't really understand your explanation. It worked for me, but not all multiples of nine have the same symbol.

All multiples of nine have had the same symbol every time I've checked, including just now, so maybe it's just glitching for some of you?

73 works, too. 7 + 3 = 10. 73 - 10 = 63, which is a multiple of 9. All of the multiples of 9 have the same symbol, so it has to be correct. Besides, it doesn't even guess a number, so I don't understand what your second sentence means.

it guessed the symbol that was with 72.

or i just saw the wrong thing.

i don't remember for sure but i guess that's what happened.