• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wobbuf-sun

202.gif
646-black.gif
038.gif
178.gif
003.gif
639.gif

Inspiration came from extreme boredom and i just wanted to test out some stuff :]] ... so without further ado , i will explain these guys movesets in soem depth to understand what these dudes accomplish.

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

This bro right here is the pokemon i wanted to test on this sun team. his main purpose is to either knockout scary pokemon or lock them into moves where my other pokemon can get a free set up on. destiny bond is literally for me to suicide knowing i will die in two hits, and if they try to get a set up not attacking during the destiny bond i can encore and proceed to set up with another poke once again :]]

646-black.gif

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 84 Atk / 204 SAtk / 160 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw

One of the pokemon i use to abuse my Wobbs encore sub mix kyurem b this guy is the epitome of a goddamn threat. nothing is safe. setting up in the face of bulky waters able to demolish things that doesnt resist his attacks and out speeding most bulky pokemon. hp fire is for steel types i opt for hp fire since it is a sun team and also pokemon like skarmory are appearing more often. and earth power just doesnt has that power to kill ferrothorns.

038.gif

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Sunny Day

Specially defensive ninetales a safe switch-in to many bulky-toeds. the set is design to allow sun to stay up continuously i run will-o-wisp to either burn incoming ttar,hippo,politoed,or basically anything cause residual damage is always good. Roar is just to phase pokemon out and perhaps get some shuffling onto hazards going on.

178.gif

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heat Wave

My breloom Check resisting both stabs and resisting mainly his fighting stab by x4 make this poke so great. i run heat wave since weirdly enough no one sees it coming, and it gives me alot of options when attack steel types and the chance to burn isnt bad either. i also run no spinner so keeping this guy alive until there pokemon that sets up hazards is gone is a priority. i run rocky helmet mainly for physical attackers. and fun thing to do is when donphan is 13% or under i can send in xatu to let donphan or any spinner in general to rapid spin into him and die without removing hazards.

003.gif

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 212 Atk / 120 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Growth

Another pokemon that abuses the encore of the great and powerful Wobb. this is mix growth 3 attack venusaur with hp ice. hp ice is just my personal choice since with hp fire dragons wall the hell out of me . this set has really good coverage except when it comes to bronzong and skarmory but they are not seen as often so yah. this set is design to outpace scarf latios hence the naive nature. so with the extra speed i didnt have to add i invested it into the attack of my venusaur.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Last but not least lead focus sash terrakion this is a solid lead against ttar and can be a good offensive pokemon mid game once its sash isnt broken. the set is pretty much self explanatory . taunt is to stop pokemon from setting up anything. rocks cause i need rocks .. and dual stab to get big damage on my opponent pokemon. i also love when people send their scarf terrkion in on my terrakion and hit me to my sash so i can ohko with CC.
So please rate this team . im probably not gonna edit many thing for this team but if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.Here is a battle i had with the team. mainly play on p.o but since showdown had a replay function i did it http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10406902 not the greatest opponent but good enough to get the point across :]]

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
Hey, nice team, however it could use a few changes.

First thing first, run Toxic>Night Shade on Xatu. This allows it to beat key threats like hippowdon, weaken ttar on the switchin, and just in general be a nuisance. it also allows you to always beat chansey/blissey, who currently threaten your team greatly, as with your only good counter, terrakion, being your lead, odds are it wont survive too long. You'll also want to run an ev spread of 248 hp/ 252 def/ 8 SpD with 10 speed ivs and a relaxed nature to allow ferrothorn or forretress to do less damage with gyro ball. You arent outrunning much with the speed evs anyway.

Next, you could try Toxic>Will-o-Wisp on Ninetales, to try and catch incoming hippowdon and politoed. yeah, a burn is nice, but they can just heal off it. well, hippowdon can.

thats it for right now, gl with your team

well your points are all valid. but dropping night shade is very good because when i cant deal enough damage with heatwave for pokemon such as heatran i can rely on night shade to get the guaranteed 100 dmg off .. not alot but enough. and the speed ev's are only there to outpace bulkier pokemon. with a negative speed nature i cant utilize u-turn to its fullest since i wouldnt be able to outspeed ttar,heatran, (insert other random pokemon here), and i doubt forre and ferro will even get a gyro ball off since i have heatwave . the ev's spread is 252 hp only because im not gonna let rocks be set up on my side of the field . so xatu doesnt need to worry about rocks to often . and dropping will-o isnt very good for my ninetales . if i was to get a burn on hippo its eq would do half damage and getting a burn on ttar means it cant pursuit trap the hell out of me. i want my ninetales to survive not stall out pokemon. nice suggestion non the less

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
theres no point in staying in on heatran, just to hit for 100 damage. a sun boosted lava plume ohkoes, or comes close enough where you cant roost stall. toxic allows you to stall out hippowdon indefinitely, and brings ttars health down.

you dont want a fast u-turner. the speed evs literally dont outrun anything significant. i think the most they do is outrun breloom, who you wall to death anyway.

the gyro ball is for switching in. regardless, you dont even ohko forretress or ferrothorn outside sun, if my calcs are correct. you want a slow u-turner to safely bring in your next poke. dont claim you use them to outspeed bulkier walls. you use them because its smogon standard.

yeah a burn makes hippowdon's attack stat drop. whoop-de-****ing-do. toxic makes sure it cant just slack off and stall your entire team, and helps wear down things like latias, rotom-w, subroost mons like volc, etc etc. ninetales' job isnt to stall out pokes. give me a little credit. its to catch opposing common switch-ins with a crippling move. politoed, volcarona, latias, hippowdon, the list goes on.

i strongly suggest you actually listen to those suggestions. at the least it wouldnt hurt to try, otherwise whats the point in posting an rmt? this isnt show and tell

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
are you stupid?

theres no point in staying in on heatran, just to hit for 100 damage. a sun boosted lava plume ohkoes, or comes close enough where you cant roost stall. toxic allows you to stall out hippowdon indefinitely, and brings ttars health down.

you dont want a fast u-turner. the speed evs literally dont outrun anything significant. i think the most they do is outrun breloom, who you wall to death anyway.

the gyro ball is for switching in. regardless, you dont even ohko forretress or ferrothorn outside sun, if my calcs are correct. you want a slow u-turner to safely bring in your next poke. dont claim you use them to outspeed bulkier walls. you use them because its smogon standard.

yeah a burn makes hippowdon's attack stat drop. whoop-de-****ing-do. toxic makes sure it cant just slack off and stall your entire team, and helps wear down things like latias, rotom-w, subroost mons like volc, etc etc. ninetales' job isnt to stall out pokes. give me a little credit. its to catch opposing common switch-ins with a crippling move. politoed, volcarona, latias, hippowdon, the list goes on.

i strongly suggest you actually listen to those suggestions. at the least it wouldnt hurt to try, otherwise whats the point in posting an rmt? this isnt show and tell

Lol'd

@jet-li: honestly i like sub hone claw kyurem-b but i prefer the dtail build with max hp and spD, it is a major disruputor and once things like terrakion and scizor are out of the way it damn near impossible to stop. just tossing a suggestion out there tis all.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
are you stupid?

Just because you post a rate does not mean that the RMT owner has to accept every change you make (or any for that matter) without being "stupid". As a Certified Rater you should know better than to 1) call a person who posts a team stupid without too much of a legitimate reason and 2) force-feed your rate down their throats. Edit your post or you will likely be infracted for breaking rule 4 (regarding insults/flaming). Besides that, your Xatu set doesn't even necessarily work better on his team, as Night Shade and Toxic both have legitimate reasons to be used. His team actually handles Chansey and Blissey relatively well as it is (and they both have Natural Cure so Toxic will be ineffective once they switch out anyhow), as Kyurem-B, Terrakion, and even Venusaur at +2 can do pretty well against them. His Speed EVs on Xatu allow it to outrun Adamant Breloom, which can be useful in some situations, so you should check these things before spouting off a suggestion for a set that was used for your team, which may not work as well on his. Besides, Gyro Ball off of Ferro 3HKOs most of the time despite your changes, while it 3HKOs without them, while Forry 6HKOs either way. Will-o-Wisp is actually very useful on Ninetales as it allows him, as he says, to eliminate the offensive power of both Hippowdon and Tyranitar, and many other Pokemon as well. Toxic could be used, but it isn't necessary, and thus he can discount your rate in preference for what he has without being "stupid".

Will add a rate later, just needed to point this out.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Hello jet li, it's just some stranger that knows you. :3

Anyways, I'm failing to see the point of xatu...venusaur is honestly a better check to loom, resisting both its stabs and outrunning it with or without sun. Pretty much you're 2hkoing loom without rocks with hp ice. Loom, meanwhile, does carry stone edge at times, making xatu even worse.

At this point in the rate, I'm really lost as to what I can do without removing wobbafett. Xatu definitely needs to go, seeing as its only point is to block hazards that can be set up once it's destroyed by most things. If you're wanting a magic bouncer, use espeon, a poke that's move pool is somewhat supported by the sun if it runs morning sun and/or hp fire. In my honest opinion, donphan might be your best replacement for xatu, giving you a needed spinner and a counter to scarfmence, garchomp, rp lando i, and other fast pokes that are weak to ice. Speaking of dragons, you have nothing to stop them other than venusaur in the sun. You're hitting 536 speed, which, in my opinion, is wasteful since it doesn't outspeed anything than if it ran 180 evs. Definitely move 16 evs from speed to special attack, I'm pretty sure that'll kill breloom then. As for dragons, this team is demolished by them, having no resists and as previously mentioned only venusaur as a counter. I honestly think heatran would do very much better than wobbafett, who is meh at best and pretty useless with the number of things that can set up on it or even stall it out while not giving a poop about destiny bond. You'll pretty much be forced to switch out wobbafett in the face of stall. For heatran, do an offensive set with hp ice; as for the item, i'd say try out specs, scarf, orb, and balloon to see what works out best for you. That ninetales set is also strange; it's more afraid of physical attackers honestly. I'm gonna suggest the smogon set of 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe and quote the part of the analysis I find most compelling:
The EVs give Ninetales some much-needed bulk, with enough Defense investment to survive an Earthquake from Focus Sash Dugtrio at full health. 136 Speed EVs and a Timid nature let it outrun Modest Hydreigon and more importantly, Adamant Haxorus and Jolly Toxicroak, who can be rendered useless with a well timed Will-o-Wisp. These EVs provide an equilibrium between Speed and bulk, but the spread can be altered to put more emphasis on either. 16 EVs can be moved from Speed to Defense to guarantee Life Orb Breloom's +2 Mach Punch never OHKOes, while the Defense EVs can be moved to Special Defense to help Ninetales withstand powerful hits from foes like Calm Mind Latias and Politoed. Shed Shell is a usable item because, as has been alluded to throughout this analysis, Dugtrio is a pain in the rear. However, the loss of recovery is a very high price to pay, and you can run Substitute to achieve the same end result.

Klaus™

Banned
Just because you post a rate does not mean that the RMT owner has to accept every change you make (or any for that matter) without being "stupid". As a Certified Rater you should know better than to 1) call a person who posts a team stupid without too much of a legitimate reason and 2) force-feed your rate down their throats. Edit your post or you will likely be infracted for breaking rule 4 (regarding insults/flaming).

fine, editted. probably have shouldve reviewed my word choice.

i do feel its wrong for the OP to completely ignore any advice. i never said he had to use what i said or else. im simply miffed it wasnt even considered, to even try and test it. it was simply shot down. no, the writer doesnt need to take advice, no the writer doesnt need to use this set. but he/she should at least try it, especially if its just a small change.

as to xatu's evs, yeah it still 3hkoes. but it does about 10% less damage than gyro ball nornally would, and its not like being faster than adamant breloom will do anything. breloom rarely run rock tomb, and i think a slow u-turner into wob might benefit him more than 56 spe evs.

i dont see night shade's significance on hitting anything. heatran? u-turn out and gain momentum. any other random poke? u-turn out and gain momentum. hippowdon? why night shade when you can toxicstall it to death instead?

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
fine, editted. probably have shouldve reviewed my word choice.

i do feel its wrong for the OP to completely ignore any advice. i never said he had to use what i said or else. im simply miffed it wasnt even considered, to even try and test it. it was simply shot down. no, the writer doesnt need to take advice, no the writer doesnt need to use this set. but he/she should at least try it, especially if its just a small change.

as to xatu's evs, yeah it still 3hkoes. but it does about 10% less damage than gyro ball nornally would, and its not like being faster than adamant breloom will do anything. breloom rarely run rock tomb, and i think a slow u-turner into wob might benefit him more than 56 spe evs.

i dont see night shade's significance on hitting anything. heatran? u-turn out and gain momentum. any other random poke? u-turn out and gain momentum. hippowdon? why night shade when you can toxicstall it to death instead?

The reason that he discounted most of your rate is due to you are not explaining well enough in the first rate, as you basically just suggested an EV set without explaining what the use was other than less Gyro damage and "You arent outrunning much with the speed evs anyway." So it make sense that the OP saw no reason to use your set over his because the explanation was not provided until after the advice was pushed aside. You need to better explain why someone should use something rather than just telling them to and leaving it at that. The move choice he can test if he wants, but once again doesn't have to. You also as a rater should test a team before passing judgment on whether or not a move/an EV set should be used, especially as you are a Certified Rater. Night Shade does have its uses (though they aren't that many) as it can break most Subs and it provides consistent damage for it to have, rather than U-turn or Heat Wave which provide inconsequential damage outside of certain Pokemon. Night Shade also allows it to break down Pokemon like Deoxys-D as if it U-turns, Deoxys (or any other hazard setter) is likely to put up hazards the moment it U-turns out, defeating the purpose of having Xatu at all.

Klaus™

Banned
NightShade also allows it to break down Pokemon like Deoxys-D as if it U-turns, Deoxys (or any other hazard setter) is likely to put up hazards the moment it U-turns out, defeating the purpose of having Xatu at all.

toxic.

toxic allows it to beat this more reliably than night shade, imo. it would have far greater use to toxic it and then either u-turn as deo-d invariably switches to a cleric, or heat wave it if you predict a stay-in. any damage it can do to you is nulled by roost, bar maybe fire gem and/or sun boosted hp fire or electric gem boosted thunderbolt. i fail to see any good coming from night shade that toxic cant do better, other than hitting heatran, who you shouldnt stay in on anyway.

*any other hazard user*

ferrothorn- ohkoed/2hkoed by heat wave, depending on sun and evs

forretress- same as above

tentacruel- i didnt know people even used toxic spikes anymore, however xatu cant do anything to it. venusaur absorbs t-spikes though

deoxys-d- already discussed

that about rounds down all the spike users, and normal sr folks.

tyranitar- why would you end up staying in, to take an ice beam/ crunch to the face? to night shade it?

terrakion- couldnt really do much even with night shade

mamoswine- same as above

I never really got the importance of running minimum speed on Xatu. As is, Ferrothorn does a max of 51% damage with Gyro Ball, so you can heal that off if you need to. Besides, you OHKO with Heat Wave in Sun after it takes Rocky Helmet damage anyways, so Xatu still gets the job done. You'll also really want that speed for Adamant Breloom since SD Breloom does a ton of damage to you with Bullet Seed. Even with 252/252+, +2 LO Breloom has a 62.5% chance of OHKOing Xatu with Bullet Seed with just 3 hits after Stealth Rock, so being able to outspeed it is a good thing.

As for other advice, go ahead and run max HP on Ninetales. 248 HP is only really useful if you're taking an extra point of damage from hazards from having 252, which is not the case here since 350 is not divisible by 4. This will slightly increase your overall bulk, which you really need as much of as possible. I also recommend you run at least enough speed to beat Jolly SD Scizor, who basically 6-0s you right now. Overall, the spread should be 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe Calm.

I'd like to back up the suggestion of Toxic > Night Shade on Xatu. Having Night Shade to hit Heatran doesn't mean much when you 4HKO offensive variants and 5HKO defensive ones, while offensive variants OHKO you back with Fire Blast and defensive ones 2HKO you with Lava Plume. The combination of Heat Wave and Toxic is also just great overall at crippling a ton of OU Pokemon, and those like Alakazam, Reuniclus, and Tentacruel that aren't bothered can be U-turned on and dealt with by something else.

Speaking of Heatran, you're pretty weak to it. In fact, your team doesn't really like Fire attacks in general. You only have two resists right now. One is Ninetales, which you might want to preserve, and which does nothing to Heatran. The other one is Terrakion, who already takes >50% from Heatran's Fire Blast in Sun and takes a lot more from Earth Power. To fix this, I recommend you replace Kyurem-B with CM Latias, something like this.

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Recover

This gives you a much sturdier Fire resist, sets up all over offensive Heatran (and can 2HKO with Dragon Pulse at +4), takes advantage of Sun to boost HP Fire, and can also take advantage of Wobbufett's free set up by getting up at least one Calm Mind with ease.

I also recommend you just run a standard special sweeper set on Venusaur. Your current set either fails or is not guaranteed to 2HKO Chansey, Ferrothorn, Forretress, specially defensive Skarmory, bulky Deoxys-D, many variants of Abomasnow (which can OHKO you with Blizzard if you don't OHKO first), bulky Volcarona, and Kyurem/Kyurem-B. If you switch to a Modest Growth / Giga Drain / HP Fire / Sludge Bomb set, you only fail against Heatran and the pink blobs, which is a bit easier on Venusaur. I know you're running HP Ice to handle Dragons, but a +2 Sludge Bomb already does a ton of damage to Dragons as it is; even CM Latias is taking an upwards of 90% from Sludge Bomb. You can run Naive with 180 Spe EVs (to beat Scarf Latios) and the rest in HP, but the loss of power is pretty annoying.

Just a few tips I thought might help. Good luck with your team! ^_^

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
toxic.

toxic allows it to beat this more reliably than night shade, imo. it would have far greater use to toxic it and then either u-turn as deo-d invariably switches to a cleric, or heat wave it if you predict a stay-in. any damage it can do to you is nulled by roost, bar maybe fire gem and/or sun boosted hp fire or electric gem boosted thunderbolt. i fail to see any good coming from night shade that toxic cant do better, other than hitting heatran, who you shouldnt stay in on anyway.

*any other hazard user*

ferrothorn- ohkoed/2hkoed by heat wave, depending on sun and evs

forretress- same as above

tentacruel- i didnt know people even used toxic spikes anymore, however xatu cant do anything to it. venusaur absorbs t-spikes though

deoxys-d- already discussed

that about rounds down all the spike users, and normal sr folks.

tyranitar- why would you end up staying in, to take an ice beam/ crunch to the face? to night shade it?

terrakion- couldnt really do much even with night shade

mamoswine- same as above

As I said in the rate, there are reasons to use Night Shade such as breaking Subs and providing Xatu with a way to do consistent damage. I do agree that Toxic is likely better on the set, but I was also saying there were decent reasons to run Night Shade. Just make sure you actually take the other advice about explaining yourself better to heart, because otherwise you'll have more people discounting your rates, more of you getting miffed, etc.

I second Jesusfreak's rate, Latias makes a good replacement for Kyu-B as it also gives you once less hazards weak Pokemon (in addition to the reasons JF gave). After those changes, I can't really spot anything else, other than possibly running Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Ninetales, just a matter of preference though as it's power over accuracy.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
No maxed out HO on Wobba? What? Wobbuffet should run max HO to deal more damage with CounterCoat. I recommend an EV spread of 252 HP, 136 def, 120 sp. def. Also, now that Custap Berry is released, you can use that over Leftovers. Just a suggestion.

I personally would go for dual screens Latias so that Venusaur has an easier time setting up. Here's a set below

Latias @ Light Clay
Ability- Levitate
Timid Nature. 252 HP, 252 spd, 4 sp. Atk
Reflect
Light Screen
Healing Wish
Draco Meteor

Set up screens, switch to Venusaur, and set up. Healing Wish is amazing, as it is pratically a Full Restore to one pokemon at the cost of losing Latias. Draco Meteor can also seriously damage those who are neutral to it (bar Blissey/Chansey).

oh damn .. so much i had to read . sorry for my late response guys . been busy .. anyway imma test out the ideas i liked such as the latias for kyurem b-and maybe imma test out toxic seeing that the only thing i want to hit with it is bulky toed ... im not gonna switch my xatu for donphan or espeon .. due to the fact xatu is flying making it immune to ground attacks and is bulker , and donphan will immediately get destroyed from breloom.... i am going to alter venusaurs speed a bit and perhaps a few sets even tho i am really enjoying the mix set alot . i enjoy the amount of feed back i got so far so after i finish editing the team and testing it out a bit i'll edit this post.

lol so like ive been testing out latias .. not working out for me but i may drop hp fire for earth power on my kyurem black. altered my venusaur set a bit and with some calc i now run 176 spd evs naive as it just fast enough to beat scarf latios by a slim margin (even though its not common always be prepared). finally ive been contemplating weather ball on venusaur but i dont know. i have tested out toxic instead of night shade im liking it so i may keep that. ive been planing on another poke other than terrakion , have no idea what can preform his job by scaring out ttars and stuff. if u gusy have any suggestions will be appreciated. thank you :]]

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I don't think Venusaur gets Weather Ball. Also, if you do use Latias, use the SubCM set with Subsitute/Calm Mind/Roost/Dragon Pulse. This set walks all over Heatran.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
I don't think Venusaur gets Weather Ball. Also, if you do use Latias, use the SubCM set with Subsitute/Calm Mind/Roost/Dragon Pulse. This set walks all over Heatran.

Venusaur gets Weather Ball, it just can't be Chlorophyll (certain event, same one as Acrobatics Charizard), so running Weather Ball is a bad idea as you'll lose the Chlrophyll speed boost.

lol i didnt know about that part about venusaur but yea bad idea ... yea but latias just isnt cutting it for me man :c .. a bulky set isnt dealing the damage i want it to deal and and heatran with roar still messes the set up. no hard feelings but imma stick with kyurem b .. but again with the terrakion replacement . some people suggested dugtrio but me and my hatred for standard stuff really dont wanna drop him on that team