• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woebegone Drizzile! (1151)

Pokemon Power

So Sobble was expecting to evolve into Inteleon right away? I'm sorry but that's not how it works. It has to spend time as Drizzile first. Don't worry though, if it works hard enough, it'll get there.

Risrhayne

Supposedly this episode has Goh bring up his difficulties when it came to friendships to relate to drizzle
Someone here a few days back was saying how oh the writers introduced the Goh has a hard time with friendships concept and then abandoned it immediately, well they didn't age well Lmao
And honestly it's such a stupid complaint, it was literally first referenced in ep3, brought up again in ep15, explained in ep32, explains Goh behaviour at first in ep37 and is used in ep62 to relate to drizzle, it's always been a constant part of his character
Like Jesus I get journeys has its problems but people just pile onto the hate train now with such dumb reasons that aren't even valid in the show, like wow

Either way this looks like to be a really emotional episode, Definitely a sub worthy watch. It's definitely going to be one of those well written Goh character episodes like 32 (so obviously Goh haters would skip it to **** on him even more lmao)
Goh seems to have some anxiety issues when it comes to relationships. Even a mild disagreement with someone has Goh take it personally and believe that that person no longer wants to be his friend, so he’ll cut them out of his life without giving them a chance to explain themselves.

That’s a real issue lots of people face, so while I still don’t love him, I can’t rag on him for that.

BobbbidyBob

When the sub comes out tomorrow, this ep will be the death of me! I mean this pokemon is basically my mirror, gives me existential crisis, ya know?

nuzamaki90

Go wanted to force Drizzile out of its comfort zone and it was not having it lol. I really, really wish Go would take time to interact and try to understand his Pokémon more. I always feel nothing of the group shots of all his Pokémon together because he doesn’t have any sort of relationship with them! All the Pokémon are literally just a bunch of Wild Pokémon that he grouped up into a lab, feeds them, and sometimes brings them out in the open so he can catch some more. This episode was a clear indication that Go really needs to sit down and just BOND with his Pokémon.

The episode overall was okay. It’s always neat seeing more of the lab and what all the Pokémon do while they are in there. The Pinsir x Heracross scene was particularly funny because it was like Drizzile dropped in and saw Pinsir exposed and Heracross tossed him out for checking out his wife LOL

nuzamaki90

Goh really has bad luck with mid-stage starters. First we had angsty teenager Raboot and now we have a depressed Drizzile (don't worry you will evolve again one day soon). I wonder what kind of bad behaviour Thwacky is going to have?
Thwackey are very headstrong. It’ll go so hard that it’ll not even realize that the battle is over or to show dominance. When Grookey evolves, I have no doubt it’ll be like Charmeleon/Charizard to Goh, always trying to do whatever it wants which it sort of already does now.

BobbbidyBob

Thwackey are very headstrong. It’ll go so hard that it’ll not even realize that the battle is over or to show dominance. When Grookey evolves, I have no doubt it’ll be like Charmeleon/Charizard to Goh, always trying to do whatever it wants which it sort of already does now.
That or a sly trickster clown

UglyToast

Even better as Leon prepares to being out his last Pokemon: "You thought I was Leon, Ash? But it is I, your old friend Tobias." *He pulls his costume away to reveal himself as well as his own super uber-powerful-incredibly broken-clearly used cheat codes Charizard he caught a while back.*
Better make Ash catch a Heatran then.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Drizzile became a NEET in a cave.

It's absolutely stupid that Ash's Pokemon don't even exist in episodes where they should. I did notice they were just as absent in previous lab episodes, but this is starting to get very silly.
Supposedly this episode has Goh bring up his difficulties when it came to friendships to relate to drizzle
Um, how does Goh's not being able to make friends relate to Drizzile getting disappointed for not skipping evolution phases.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
So Drizzile became a NEET in a cave.

Um, how does Goh's not being able to make friends relate to Drizzile getting disappointed for not skipping evolution phases.

You just can't understand good writing.

Delete your account and rethink your life.

/s

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....

Goh better take his role as a trainer father seriously now.

DeltaGod770

The episode was ok. The Goh and Drizzle scenes were sweet and I like that this subplot was left open for future development.

That said, it is a bit ridiculous it took this long for Goh to relearn that he needs to be more considerate of his Pokemons' individual needs when he literally should have learned that lesson with Raboot. Seriously, maybe try actually training for once instead of leaving most them to rot at the lab until it's convenient for you Goh.

Also this is more of a nitpick but jeez, can Ash's Pokemon get some screentime. Goh's Pokemon are always doing stuff in the background no matter which character is being focused on in a given episode. I swear, Ash's current team has the least amount of interaction than any of his past teams that I can recall out of the entire series.
Overall though, I'd give the episode a 7/10.

Last edited: