• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woebegone Drizzile! (1151)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not sure what this episode's plot was about after all the stuff has been said.

A) Drizzile doesn't like his Drizzile look and was disappointed it didn't become an Inteleon.

or...

B) Drizzile accidentally annoying his family in the greenhouse and getting the cold shoulder because of his actions trying to nest and sulk.

or...

C) Goh relating to Drizzile...if, um, their backstories are even remotely related. Goh was an outcast by choice (until Ash came along and apparently Goh was simply too specific in making certain friends even if Ash was no different than other kids he knew). Drizzile was a coward crybaby, but...its previous nature was not exactly a serious theme in this episode, and it already made a bunch of friends prior this that it ended up annoying completely by accident, so the relation with Goh's issues feels very forced.

When Thawckey comes, its episode will have 4 dilemmas.

Half of that building went missing, the windows don't match, and there shouldn't be trees.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
C) Goh relating to Drizzile...if, um, their backstories are even remotely related. Goh was an outcast by choice (until Ash came along and apparently Goh was simply too specific in making certain friends even if Ash was no different than other kids he knew). Drizzile was a coward crybaby, but...its previous nature was not exactly a serious theme in this episode, and it already made a bunch of friends prior this that it ended up annoying completely by accident, so the relation with Goh's issues feels very forced.
It had friends besides Cinderace?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It had friends besides Cinderace?
If Cinderace and Lucario Skype each other to this day, something like this totally happened!

But seriously, I can't possibly believe someone in there doesn't like each other. About the only one people surely don't like is most likely the bully Darmanitan because Goh's an enabler for its bully behavior. Really, orangutan's a *****.

Last edited:

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
So...why was Go's old school a dilapidated wreck and how did Drizzile know about it?

Why did Go forget the reason he didn't play with other kids was due to his obsession with mew?

Why was Delia a teacher at Go's school back in the day?

WHERE IS ALL THIS LORE COMING FROM?!
what the living ****. I haven't even watched this episode and this sounds so ****ing stupid. Thank god i didn't watch it. **** this series

Cradily17

I thought the way Goh and Drizzile bonded together was sweet. It will be interesting to see how their relationship develops further.

When is "Dealing with teenage starters" part 3 gonna come out?

Not a good episode at all imo. The depression thibg should’ve only been half of the episode. It felt extremely forced and not realistic that Sobble doesn’t know his own evolution tree. And the stuff on the roof didn’t really make sense either. Ash and Chloe were pointless in the episode as well. Just an overall badly conceived and executed episode.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I skipped the last episode because it looked like rotting ass
  • Darmanitan
  • The animation was bad lmao
  • I like that the boys are being recognized for their work. That's cool.
  • The evolution just kind of happened. Lame.
  • Sobble's evo got registered in Go's dex, even when it wasn't anywhere close. It's a scenario I never thought of before, but it makes sense. Cool.
  • I always wondered but never asked, what's with the echo in Goldeen's voice?
  • I loved seeing Go's Pokemon try to cheer up Drizzile. That was cute.
  • Pinsir and Heracross are getting along well. Glad to see that relationship isn't completely one-sided.
  • Cinderace just rushed in and slid across the ground. I love this bunny.
  • Cinderace was on fire in this episode, no pun intended. It's been neglected a lot lately, but it's great seeing it in action. It's just so happy and unorthodox.
  • Go didn't want to force Drizzile to get out too much; he's still taking the soft approach with his Pokemon.
  • Speaking of Go continuity, more flashbacks to his past and issues with making friends. Notably this seems to be before Koharu befriended him; I'm guessing we're going to get an episode about their friendship later on.
  • Grookey hitting things with its stick. A simple, but funny gag. And it was really cute how it patted Go's head to try and make him feel better.
  • Koharu, put your Eevee down for one damn minute, please.
  • So wait, how did Drizzile know about the building? Was that Goh's old school? I don't think it is, since he was wearing his current school's uniform. I don't get it.
  • Ash and Koharu skipped dinner to keep looking for Drizzile. It's such a minor thing that didn't even need to be included for the plot, but I like when the main characters get to show off their friendship like that.
Really good episode. I expected Drizzile's story to be different from Raboot's, but they exceeded my expectations with it. And I really liked how the situation was handled: there were a few reasons as to why Drizzile was feeling down, and there was no clear-cut answer. Go can't do anything but give his support and be patient, and Drizzile appreciated that.

To the people saying that Go's drama was forced: no. Remember the first episode. Go wasn't alone because he obsessed over Mew. Even before he obsessed over Mew, we know he had a bit of an ego and claimed he didn't want friends. Koharu chastised his know-it-all-ism as the reason why he can't make any friends. Other episodes showed that he often took things the wrong way, he was quick to assume the worst of others and often went on the defensive. He always had an issue making friends and understanding people. A lot of his time was spent alone and his parents were often busy, too. Go was always a lonely child who had trouble connecting to others.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yet another unearned rushed af evolution, almost as ridiculous as the capture of said Pokemon
And of course Ash/Chloe are utterly useless while Goh can't do the same in their episodes, mostly Ash's. Hogging precious battle screentime just so he can get more worthless and boring cardboard captures!

But hey, people love it cause they live through Goh! :rolleyes:
0/10

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So Drizzile became a NEET in a cave.

It's absolutely stupid that Ash's Pokemon don't even exist in episodes where they should. I did notice they were just as absent in previous lab episodes, but this is starting to get very silly.

Um, how does Goh's not being able to make friends relate to Drizzile getting disappointed for not skipping evolution phases.
You really purposely ignore the point of episodes just to make lame jokes about them dont you? It wasnt the fact Goh wasnt able to make friends, it was about the fact he was a loner, and constantly had people pulling him out of his comfort zone or asking him whats wrong, just like drizzile.
You just can't understand good writing.

Delete your account and rethink your life.

/s
This episode is good writing, if this was Ash instead of Goh you all would be praising it more.
Ok. Came around to watching the episode with subs.

Episode starts off with Ash and Go reaffirming their dreams. If only dreams came true that way.

.... wierd evolution. Fired water gun a couple of times on objects and evolved. Never disappoint PJ.

The pacing was awful. The episode was 21:52 minutes. They wasted 12 minutes showing Drizzle being unreactive to what happens to him again and again. Way too many times. Then too much time wasted on Ash, Go and Koharu doing nothing but shouting "Jimeron" or whatever the Japanese name is. The entire middle part consists of just these two things on repeat with Sakuragi coming in for a short period and saying something that isn't redundant.

Sakuragi explains that Drizzle is nesting. Waiting for evolution (if the subs were correct). Drizzle was upset because Cinderace pulled him out of the cave without his consent (Cinderace is violating rights, he should be jailed).

Then Go gets a flashback about how he didn't play with friends in school and he couldn't answer when his teacher asked him about it. He somehow figures out where Drizzle went. Runs there without telling Ash or Koharu.

Go tells Drizzle about why he was not able to make friends in school and that connects to Drizzle nesting for evolution. Don't ask why. It's Journeys and this series has a vendetta against logic.

The tear wiping scene felt very forced as both of them were going through different conditions. Not being able to make friends is not under your control. It also depends on others. Drizzle wanted to stay in a cave because he wanted to stay away from others and evolve. Fully his own choice. Completely different situations, but whatever.

Koharu and Ash were completely useless. All they did was shout meaningless things the entire episode and I honestly doubt if Koharu had a smaller presence in episodes she didn't appear in. All she did was hold Eevee and search for Jimeron with everyone else (which was in vain as it was only used to pad out the episode). Same for Ash.

The plot was left open. They probably went out of their way to do it since the middle was filled with banal and boring BS.

Bunnelby appeared - 10/10
Why did Chloe and Ash not doing anything count as a criticism to this episode when it was ABOUT goh and drizzile's relationship. What the ****?
what the living ****. I haven't even watched this episode and this sounds so ****ing stupid. Thank god i didn't watch it. **** this series
Please ignore that troll and actually watch the episode for what it is, hes stupidly over exaggerating and making up stuff, Delia wasnt a teacher at his school wtf
The amount of forced drama in this series is insane. I'm surprised Ash hasn't died again yet.
You know its so hard to take criticisms from people like you seriously anymore because its just a negative bias at this point. How the hell is it forced? Its set up perfectly with the characters and pokemon introduced, yall wanna hate for the sake of hating at this point, its pathetic
Yet another unearned rushed af evolution, almost as ridiculous as the capture of said Pokemon
And of course Ash/Chloe are utterly useless while Goh can't do the same in their episodes, mostly Ash's. Hogging precious battle screentime just so he can get more worthless and boring cardboard captures!

But hey, people love it cause they live through Goh! :rolleyes:
0/10
Go outside and touch some grass, Jesus Christ. Who the **** cares about Ash and Chloe for this episode when its about Goh and Drizzile's relationship and story. Bruh you literally live through Ash and TR in this forum, shut up about Goh lmao, this being the only dumb criticism you have to give this episode a 0/10 just shows your negative bias.

This episode is Journey's biggest strengths, such brilliant character writing and using it to weave such a beautiful bond between a trainer and his pokemon. Drizzile's characterisation is so good and new, brilliant job. Goh may have dumb plotlines to catch some unwarranted pokemon (suicune comes to mind) and his goal is boringly executed but damn are his character based episodes so damn brilliant all the time, what an amazing character, I absolutely love him. Honestly im done with this fandom and their negative bias at this point. You dont have to like him but when u judge the episode coz you hate Goh and dismiss it, its so damn annoying. Screw the Goh haters at this point they are just gonna go on a hyperbole and make false claims about his character every damn time he does something. Valid critcism is one thing and this dumb bias is another, just stop watching the show coz Goh isnt going anywhere with his episodes in Journeys

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I don't know...

I just don't care about Goh. It's too late for me to care about him I dropped the ball long ago.

He had troubles opening up to people when he was little? Ok but why you did not show this more often and you only put it when the plot requires it. He should have had problems bonding with Ash long ago but they only showed episode 3. Also he had Koharu as a friend long ago so he opened to someone.

Maybe just maybe if we had good writters and directors this could lead to a dissagreement with Ash in the future, but the Pokemon World is a happy place again where nothing bad happens, I wonder where is all the effort Sun and Moon put in this aspect.

Also holy cow, Goh Pokemon are a bunch of as*** aren't they? There is not simply one Pokémon that I like out of that bunch, also if we had interesting writters someone could take notice via TV that a lot of Pokémon are in just one place for a future episode and use that for his plans.

I'm sorry Goh fans I know that you like him, that some of them like that thing he has witth Ash . But I don't care about him.

I just want things to move on.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Um, okay, so, apparently people didn't like this episode? Because personally I thought it was incredibly charming. And it pretty much all boils down to the fact that, ultimately, Go was shown as being wrong to try to push Jimeleon to go out and do stuff when it was clearly depressed. Because sometimes, that really is how things are; There are cases where you can't help someone just by trying to hyperfocus on the positives, and trying to tell them encouraging stuff that they themselves don't actually believe can actually just make them feel worse. Jimeleon itself didn't think anything about its transformation was cool, so Go going "Hey, this new form of yours that you hate is awesome!" could very easily have instead come off as mockery to it.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I don't know...

I just don't care about Goh. It's too late for me to care about him I dropped the ball long ago.

He had troubles opening up to people when he was little? Ok but why you did not show this more often and you only put it when the plot requires it. He should have had problems bonding with Ash long ago but they only showed episode 3. Also he had Koharu as a friend long ago so he opened to someone.

Maybe just maybe if we had good writters and directors this could lead to a dissagreement with Ash in the future, but the Pokemon World is a happy place again where nothing bad happens, I wonder where is all the effort Sun and Moon put in this aspect.

Also holy cow, Goh Pokemon are a bunch of as*** aren't they? There is not simply one Pokémon that I like out of that bunch, also if we had interesting writters someone could take notice via TV that a lot of Pokémon are in just one place for a future episode and use that for his plans.

I'm sorry Goh fans I know that you like him, that some of them like that thing he has witth Ash . But I don't care about him.

I just want things to move on.
Then I highly advise that you take a break from this show for the time being, because Goh will be around for quite a while longer.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Why did Chloe and Ash not doing anything count as a criticism to this episode when it was ABOUT goh and drizzile's relationship. What the ****?

Maybe you haven't thought about this...

But they can just not appear. Ya'know stay at the lab or train Pokemon. Go to school or something. Koharu doesn't appear in every episode. She was forced into this episode without a role. She had no reason to appear when she could've stayed back.

Funny how you cherrypick one example in the long list and talk about bias.

And I'd suggest you watch the tone you're using with everyone in the replies. Your constant usage of curses and calling everyone a troll shows you are not looking for a discussion. You just want confirmation about what you think. Everything else is wrong or biased or whatever stupid reason you can come up with. There is no incentive in taking to you.

UglyToast

Man, I'm wondering what are we gonna get for gen 9? both as anime and games, Maybe we can get a companion with befriended a Mythical Pokemon from gen 4.

Don't ask me why, but this episode reminded me when Serena convinced Eevee to go with her, they are very emotional moments because they show you as a trainer can understand the feelings and anxieties of an introverted or shy pokemon through affection, his/her experience and of course, with love.

I understand the critical positions of some here, and although goh reaction was a little exaggerated to me, the episode was wholesome :)