• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woebegone Drizzile! (1151)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Something that doesn’t sit well with me now is how Ash is gonna be “wiggle wiggle butt tee-hee” in the next episodes meanwhile I’m gonna be thinking of Drizzile crying in his cave.
Drizzile despawns when not on screen and only retains knowledge it's present for, so when we get back to it, no time will have passed since this episode, so it won't realize Go forgot about it for another three months worth of episodes

Soniman

Break the Limit
At this point, I'm genuinely worried that Drizzile won't even appear (aside from maybe a few small cameos) until its next focus episode which may or may not be its evolution. I already thought that the way the Pokemon are handled in this series is insulting, but as a Drizzile fan, this hurts

Well, Goodbye Drizzle

You’ll be rotting in off screen land until the writers wake up and decide to evolve you into Inteleon. Horrible Series. They have ruined my entire childhood.

Drizzile despawns when not on screen and only retains knowledge it's present for, so when we get back to it, no time will have passed since this episode, so it won't realize Go forgot about it for another three months worth of episodes
Holy crap guys can you at least wait one or two episodes before writing off this entire arc based something that hasn't even happened yet?

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Holy crap guys can you at least wait one or two episode before writing off this entire arc based something that hasn't happened yet
No, it's Pokémon Journeys, the series were you are supposed to be negative in every single episode and everything will be as bad as possible. Fortunately, I'm not and I appreciate episodes like this with Trainer and Pokémon bonding themes.

Morax

King of heroes
No, it's Pokémon Journeys, the series were you are supposed to be negative in every single episode and everything will be as bad as possible. Fortunately, I'm not and I appreciate episodes like this with Trainer and Pokémon bonding themes.
How many such human x pokemon episodes have we had since OS? It's kind of tiring, give me some human x human bonding episodes.

Sobble evolved after getting no (on-screen) training or effort from Goh since the Inteleon episode.
You know? This complaint comes too late, 20 years late, the evolution in anime is not necessarily synonymous with effort, other factors such as the environment, dangerous situations, a moment of frenzy and even the desire for the same pokemon may be the reason of evolution, I give you an example of pokemon that evolved without much training

Ash

Charmeleon -> Charizard
Krabby -> Kingler
Sewaddle -> Swadloon
Goomy -> Sligoo-> Goodra

Misty
Poliwag -> Poliwhirl

Dawn
Poliswine -> Mamoswine

Serena
Eevee -> Sylveon

Mallow
Bounsweet -> Steene -> Tsareena

In addition, Sobble had already participated in a battle against the Flygon in Malvalona, had a focus episode where it fought against the rocket team and learned to take advantage of his invisibility, in addition learned U-Turn

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I might be wrong, but it is possible that maybe this whole "Master Pokémon" is a self-proclaimed title (and hence the reporter's surprise as she doesn't know what it is). Anime has been with us for 20 years, and during that time we haven't had the chance to know exactly who Master Pokémon is.
On the other hand, however, considering that she had a similar reaction to Gou's dream (the part about catching every Pokémon), she may have decided that those dreams were too mature for 10-year-olds.

"Pokémon Master", actually,

Anyway, Takeshi Shudo's went on record by actually suggesting (or affirming, don't remember) that was indeed the idea and the reason why it's so vague in definition is just so they could stretch the anime indefinetely.

I remember Dephender bringing a good point that Game Freak not defining what a pokémon master is plays a role in the lack of definition in the show.

Don't quote me on this but I think "I Choose You" fluff material and interviews may have said a Pokémon Master (within the canon of "I Choose You!" I assume) was a trainer that essentially meets and becomes friends with all Pokémon. Plus you have the games calling you a Pokémon Master after defeating Wataru. Important to remember that Pokémon Master was probably some stock phrase for defeating the Champion and winning the league or something but was effectively canned after the initial RBGY games.

There was an interview with Tomiyasu where he's said he had had asked Yuyama what it is and he just answered "it's just a child dream for him to idolize" which kind of follows along with what Shudo's said. Since they worked together, I assume that was a thing the old anime team had decided by the time they started working on it.

Cinderace about to try to cheer Drizzile up with "little bro, wanna ride on my head like old times?"

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
While this anime does not explain what a Pokemon Master is, Pokemon Masters (EX) does bring up the term in the main character's bio ("master" is not in caps) and the tourney they participate against every known major character is called the Pokemon Masters League where winning it all makes the winner a true Pokemon master among the top-ranked trainers of the world.

...Something the PWC is surely not doing at all.
Weird comparison, given Raboot wasn't depressed about evolving
Yup. Cindy evolved through being pissed at Goh. Sobble...shot a berry.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Weird comparison, given Raboot wasn't depressed about evolving
Yup. Cindy evolved through being pissed at Goh. Sobble...shot a berry.

Both act like emo and moody teens so that why Cinderace is reminded of himself when he was a Raboot. It's not that deep.

It's a bit weird tho that Sobs never got a proper battle. Were the Writers too afraid to let it faint or something?

Or because they couldn't figure out a way to write around the crying gag?

Last edited:

game3524

I might be wrong, but it is possible that maybe this whole "Master Pokémon" is a self-proclaimed title (and hence the reporter's surprise as she doesn't know what it is). Anime has been with us for 20 years, and during that time we haven't had the chance to know exactly who Master Pokémon is.
On the other hand, however, considering that she had a similar reaction to Gou's dream (the part about catching every Pokémon), she may have decided that those dreams were too mature for 10-year-olds.

It is. There was an interview with Tomoyasu from about a year ago and he said he asked Yuyama what is a "Pokemon Master" and he basically said it was the delusional dream of a child. The goals themselves have never really matter that much at all. There are there to keep the characters moving and give them something to strive for that can facilitate self improvement and growth.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It is. There was an interview with Tomoyasu from about a year ago and he said he asked Yuyama what is a "Pokemon Master" and he basically said it was the delusional dream of a child. The goals themselves have never really matter that much at all. There are there to keep the characters moving and give them something to strive for that can facilitate self improvement and growth.
Or just a poor excuse to avoid dropping Ash while violating space time violations.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
You know? This complaint comes too late, 20 years late, the evolution in anime is not necessarily synonymous with effort, other factors such as the environment, dangerous situations, a moment of frenzy and even the desire for the same pokemon may be the reason of evolution, I give you an example of pokemon that evolved without much training

Ash

Charmeleon -> Charizard
Krabby -> Kingler
Sewaddle -> Swadloon
Goomy -> Sligoo-> Goodra

Misty
Poliwag -> Poliwhirl

Dawn
Poliswine -> Mamoswine

Serena
Eevee -> Sylveon

Mallow
Bounsweet -> Steene -> Tsareena

In addition, Sobble had already participated in a battle against the Flygon in Malvalona, had a focus episode where it fought against the rocket team and learned to take advantage of his invisibility, in addition learned U-Turn
I mean, you have a point, but considering that most of those evolve via irregular evolution methods, I’d recommend using other examples.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The rose-tinted nostalgia goggles are still stuck on on Sinnoh, as usual.

On more episode related news...

The interactions between Goh and Drizzile are cute. So what if the wording isn't precisely what you wanted? Or every mon isn't on screen at once every episode(which would please everybody and nobody, from the looks of it)?

Remember, the mission of the anime is to sell you a mobile app, not to make any kind of grand artistic statement. Keep this in perspective when writer shaming.

Can't wait for Drizzile to learn Water Pulse.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The rose-tinted nostalgia goggles are still stuck on on Sinnoh, as usual.

On more episode related news...

The interactions between Goh and Drizzile are cute. So what if the wording isn't precisely what you wanted? Or every mon isn't on screen at once every episode(which would please everybody and nobody, from the looks of it)?

Remember, the mission of the anime is to sell you a mobile app, not to make any kind of grand artistic statement. Keep this in perspective when writer shaming.

Can't wait for Drizzile to learn Water Pulse.
Thats the problem - That their aim is to sell us a mobile app. Watching the previous series made me want to play their repsective main console games, which isnt the case with this series.