• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woebegone Drizzile! (1151)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just asking but... What's the difference between promoting a console game and app game? Aren't both games whose end goal is "catch'em all"?

While I agree the console versions are better than PoGo, I don't see much difference in the concept itself.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Since when does PoGo deal with depression and suicide overtones?

...you do know why Japanese schools have tall rails on the roofs, right?
His name is GOH. GO. Pokémon GO. He's there to sell GO, Ash is there to sell Sword and Shield via Gigantamax Pikachu, PWC, Dracovish and Sirfetch'd, Chloe is there to sell Eevee fandom stuff, and every Pokémon is there to sell merch....to children, not teenagers and adults.

There is no greater intentional deeper meaning.

Looking for it will only bring pain.

The Japanese suicide rate is irrelevant, and any deep learnings are personal, false positives, wrong or are generic cultural traits, and are ultimately ancillary to selling games and merch to 9-12 year olds.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So how long do you guys estimate that it will be before Drizzile evolves again?

I'm guessing that if we get another "Big Arc" Drizzile will probably evolve during that like how Cinderace evolved during the DD Arc

Isle of Armor/Crowned Tundra Arc maybe?

Given how much Sobble was making it such a big deal about really wanting to become an Inteleon, I'm suspecting his eventual evolution into Inteleon will be whole lot less Anti-climatic than his evolution into Drizzile was.

Then there's also Grookey. I suspect that Drizzile will also Evolve once the writers are ready to bring forth Thwacky to the main cast. Which probably won't be for a long while now

UglyToast

I'm guessing that if we get another "Big Arc" Drizzile will probably evolve during that like how Cinderace evolved during the DD Arc

Given how much Sobble was making it such a big deal about really wanting to become an Inteleon, I'm suspecting his eventual evolution into Inteleon will be whole lot less Anti-climatic than his evolution into Drizzile was.

Then there's also Grookey. I suspect that Drizzile will also Evolve once the writers are ready to bring forth Thwacky to the main cast. Which probably won't be for a long while now
I think Drizzle might evolve while fighting to Mustard (assuming they are gonna make DLCs as arcs in the anime) If not then I dunno.

Red and Blue

Maybe during the DLC arc. After seeing Cinderace Gigantamax it could be more inspired and evolve in order to Gigantamax itself

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon

It will have a dream about Inteleon in around 20 episodes, wake up and evolve in the most anticlimactic way possible, and show up once every 5 episodes.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yet it's still there, regardless of selling toys to children

Closing your eyes and going "lalala" doesn't make it go away
YOU think it's there. This is what I meant about false positive affirmation.

No official conformation that the episode is talking about suicide just because of the rails.

Not every anime has grand artistic meanings. Geez.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So what you're saying is Stoutland didn't die because we didn't see it.
That was before Pokémon Go changed the way the anime is run.

The mere presence of rails and a depressed lifeform doesn't mean that Drizzile and Goh had suicidal thoughts. They're just standard architecture in Japan BECAUSE of suicides.

Not the same issue.

Natural/Old age death =/= suicide.

Or did you just skim/scan my comment for conformation biases?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It will have a dream about Inteleon in around 20 episodes, wake up and evolve in the most anticlimactic way possible, and show up once every 5 episodes.
Given how much it's been alluded to, I have a feeling Drizzile will run into Jacqueline's Inteleon again before evolving.

Could possibly motivate Drizzile to get off his lazy arse and actually work more towards his goal.

But who am I kidding, this is Journeys we're talking about here :rolleyes:

UglyToast

Given how much it's been alluded to, I have a feeling Drizzile will run into Jacqueline's Inteleon again before evolving.

Could possibly motivate Drizzile to get off his lazy arse and actually work more towards his goal.

But who am I kidding, this is Journeys we're talking about here :rolleyes:
Yeah, that would be cool, but highly doubt something like that gonna happen.