• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woh, there. Isn't that a little much for a children's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I say those innuendos are just there to appeal to old veteran gamers. Children wouldn't understand. Hell, even have the patience to read them. Just keep mashing on that A Button...

randomspot555

I say those innuendos are just there to appeal to old veteran gamers. Children wouldn't understand. Hell, even have the patience to read them. Just keep mashing on that A Button...

That's exactly what innuendo is. IT's something that would not be notice by someone unaware of the "true" meaning.

No, you don't understand. You're wrong because BCMV112 says so. Read a couple of posts back. End of discussion. No debate here. These games have no content intended for older audiences period.

Just kidding. XD

Sometimes if you do just keep mashing the A button you'll miss a lot of funny stuff! I catch my self doing just that a lot because I normally rush through the game in order to get to the Breeding/RNG/competitive stuff (which is not there for older audiences either, it's there only for the 10 and under crowd.)

Last edited:

randomspot555

No, you don't understand. You're wrong because BCMV112 says so. Read a couple of posts back. End of discussion. No debate here. These games have no content intended for older audiences period.[/quote[

Can older audiences enjoy Pokemon?

Yes.

Is there content aimed at older audiences?

Yes.

Are older audiences a demographic that they are actively marketing to?

Not at all.

Did BCVM say what you post?

No.

Are older audiences a demographic that they are actively marketing to?

Good Gawd in Heaven yes they do?! There's inuendo in the games and I asked the marketing guys and they said yes?!?

Meh, whatev. If you guys wanna believe that "it's just a kiddie game" line, it's your call, but you haven't talked to TPCi, and I have. You're just saying your opinion(counts for like .001%), and I'm saying TPCi's opinion(counts for like 99.999%).

randomspot555

Good Gawd in Heaven yes they do?! There's inuendo in the games and I asked the marketing guys and they said yes?!?

Meh, whatev. If you guys wanna believe that "it's just a kiddie game" line, it's your call, but you haven't talked to TPCi, and I have. You're just saying your opinion(counts for like .001%), and I'm saying TPCi's opinion(counts for like 99.999%).

First off, TPCi does not put the innuendo in the games. Whoever translates them does. Furtheremore, just because there are segments (small) of the games that appeal to older audiences does not mean older audiences are the intended demographic. It is a kids game. Everything about it appeals to kids. Thats why kids are the driving force behind Pokemon. If adults were the driving force, then they're doing a horrible job because there aren't a lot playing/watching the show/seeing the movies.

Again, think about how Pokemon is marketed. Events are held at Toys R Us. Toys are sold in Wal-Mart right next to Barbie, Spider-Man, and Tonka trucks. The cards are sold next to baseball cards and whatever else is near the check out lane. The anime is aired on Cartoon Network, and in the early morning (basically right before kids go to school). Pokemon are designed as relatively cute with appealing designs. The text of the games and the words of the anime are relatively simple, the themes easy to understand (and any innuendo or deeper meaning will fly right over a young viewer's head).

Look at this forum. See many adults around here? No. There's a good chunk. But the vast majority here are probably below 16.

TPCi, according to you, said that they want Pokemon to be for everyone. That does not invalidate anything I said. It is marketed to and for kids. Others outside of that core demographic enjoying it is just icing on the cake.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
Guys, can we please stop arguing over this? Please? This is supposed to be an amusing thread for people to post the funny sexual references that characters make at times. It was never intended to become a debate about what age group Pokemon is geared towards. Which, now that I think about it, is completely off-topic. Make a thread for it if you really wanna debate that much :/ Not trying to play mod, it's just getting on my nerves that people bring their arguments to even the most lighthearted and silly threads like this one.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"If Prof. Rowan found out that I had lost my pokedex... Eww, I don't want to think about it."

Wait, what xD? This is in DDPt, right? Who said that? Can you be more specific, please?

TM 69 Rock Polish.

Let us analyze the move.

Rocks are HARD and to polish a rock you need to rub it.

Onix is a rock type.

You see where this is going.

rook09

Of science.
"Team Galactic nap room! Make sure bed isn't occupied before use!"
I'm sure I remembered that wrong.

Actually, D/P/Pt has alot that I remember.

It is slightly disturbing...

5 maids, one boy and a knowing wink. The creators of this game must have foul minds!

Anyway, as far as lolz go...I swear this line was just fine when I played it, but a certain macro makes me laugh hysterically at what Oak says at the end of FRLG ("I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four").

I chuckled ever so slightly. The only reason i didn't ROFL was because I am in public and I would have made a fool of myself.

on the ship on fr/lg in the sailor who gives you cut doesnt he say to rub his back ?

If I am not mistaken the text when you rub his back is "rub..rub...rub rub rub." It follows the same rhythm of the Poke-center's healing machine. I always laugh and repeat the rub part to myself whenever I read it.

razor fire

It is slightly disturbing...

5 maids, one boy and a knowing wink. The creators of this game must have foul minds!
No comment....

Anyway, as far as lolz go...I swear this line was just fine when I played it, but a certain macro makes me laugh hysterically at what Oak says at the end of FRLG ("I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four").
IcamePokemon.jpg

And as far as dodgy but not in a perverted way, there's that guy in RSE who says "I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF" and then when you beat him, "I HAVE A GROWTH OF SUCTION CUPS."
...reeeeally gross image there.

gross....
There was this one girl in Route 4 in R/B/Y/Fr/Lg.
-Walks in front of a Lass-
-Lass walks up to you after exclamation mark-
"Did you just touch me?"

Pretty funny since I was nowhere near her.

Even funnier if it's done at night :p

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
is that on hgss? cause then it really could happen at night!

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
It is aimed towards kids, yes. But what do you mean by a "kid's" (apostrophe s) game?

razor fire

It is aimed towards kids, yes. But what do you mean by a "kid's" (apostrophe s) game?

Probably a spelling error. Expect to see a lot of them on teh interwebs.

razor fire

I just thought about something else. A Female Machamp. Akward.....

Not really. There are tons of female bodybuilders in the real world too.

Status
Not open for further replies.