• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woh, there. Isn't that a little much for a children's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Every time I see Lopunny's D/P sprite, I always think that it's suggesting it's covering something.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
that and gardevoir. male gardevoirs are somewhat odd.......

Every time I see Lopunny's D/P sprite, I always think that it's suggesting it's covering something.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

Mhm, but of course that was clearly disproved in Pokemon Battle Revolution and the like. I know alot of people thought that at first, but I didn't.

I'm not bothered by male Gardevoir. Gardevoir's dress looks more like a robe to me.

Though, I guess that's unimportant. The massage lady in Veilstone is pretty creepy, I must admit. Just where does she find those accessories hidden, hm? I guess I shouldn't look too much into it...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Quote from Platinum on Route 223:

"Do I look good in my bikini"

I'm a bit of a sensitive person but, meh.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
I guess you two misread my post. What I meant was that some gay people uses corsets which creates that hourglass figure.

I meant some gay people. I should have been more detailed about my post.

Umm, no. Gay guys (or straight guys. or anyone else for that matter) who dress as, act like, and/or feel that they are women are of the female gender. I would say that using corsets for that purpose (and not for the Elmer Fudd, using corsets to hide one's love handles approach) would fall under this category, no? Or do you not understand the difference between a person's gender and sex?

razor fire

Umm, no. Gay guys (or straight guys. or anyone else for that matter) who dress as, act like, and/or feel that they are women are of the female gender.

ummm.. no. I know plenty of gay people who are male but dress as women.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious

And it really doesn't sound like you understand the concept of gender, but, what can you do?

*ends spat, because it's getting off-topic*

FeminineCuttlefish

A mollusk, not fish.
Okay lets have a hot, dirty, sexy battle. :3

Couldn't help myself, sorry.

Lopunny. That's all I have to say.

Numquam Periit Amor

ヌンクアム・ペリイット・アモア
"Mr. Mime" is a localized name and it was created prior to the introduction of genders to the franchise mechanics. Take away that fact and go by Mr. Mime's Japanese name, the androgynous Barrierd, and there's nothing at all weird about it.

Yes, but they should have realizedx there was a very good chance that GS would be released in English, and thought, "hey, this character's English name is gender-specific, so let's make it a male-only species." Not one single person had the foresight to fix this problem before it started.

Also, I don't want to start a debate on the issue, but I find it a bit offensive that a lot of people here consider homosexual references to be somehow inappropriate for children. That's kind of closed minded, don't you think? For example, the girl who asks you to marry her even if you're a girl. How is that inappropriate for children? There's nothing inherently inappropiate about marriage, but if it's gay marriage everyone thinks it's out of place in a children's game? Seriously?

Rokroad

Hot Drops
I don't think it is.

Kids their brains aren't that master like ours, its like they are little Machop and we are full grown Machamps.

Phoenixphire

Yes, but they should have realizedx there was a very good chance that GS would be released in English, and thought, "hey, this character's English name is gender-specific, so let's make it a male-only species." Not one single person had the foresight to fix this problem before it started.

I agree, even if they kept it with Mr Mime, they could have set a Tauros/Miltank thing off with Jynx.

Wouldn't have made too much of a fuss I don't think.

I liked Beauty Lola (FrLg - Route 13)
"Sure, I'll play with you sweetie" When you start the fight
"Oh! You little Beast!" after you beat her :p

Last edited:

BCVM22

Yes, but they should have realizedx there was a very good chance that GS would be released in English, and thought, "hey, this character's English name is gender-specific, so let's make it a male-only species."

Or the developers could make what is largely the right decision and not consider themselves bound by a localization decision of which they may not even have been aware.

Yeah, let's go with that.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Yes, but they should have realizedx there was a very good chance that GS would be released in English, and thought, "hey, this character's English name is gender-specific, so let's make it a male-only species."

Consider that there are six times as many Pokémon whose names contain "king" as "queen." Kingdra, for instance. And most of those have 50/50 gender ratios.

Or the developers could make what is largely the right decision and not consider themselves bound by a localization decision of which they may not even have been aware.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Yeah, sure, the developers don't think about localization at all! XD

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
o_O How? is. it well. you. know.

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!

There IS a difference between gender and sex.

Has anyone noticed, in Pokemon Emerald, those two guys in Sootopolis? They ask for big Barboach and Shroomish... Now look at the shape of those two Pokemon. Do you see it?

I still don't see anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.