• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wolf Story(M) [The Sign-Up Thread]

AJ2000

qXIQYOs.jpg

The wilds of Alaska. Untamed, unfair, and unforgiving. The world can be a merciless place, and because of this, there’s often very little room for things such as sympathy and lending others a helping hand. More often than not, the wrong move can lead to an untimely demise. Sometimes, even doing the right thing can lead to the same result. And sometimes, there is simply no escaping fate. Because of this, many inhabitants of the wilds are told to do everything with caution. There are no take-backs in this game of life, and thus good allies are hard to find in the world. However, sometimes beauty can be found in chaos. Filled with great green trees, rushing rivers, valleys, caves and mountains of the like, The Wilds of Alaska can be a rather scenic and breathtaking place where exploration and adventures await. Located in the north, winters can be harsh, however, all of the animals have learned to adapt to the place they call home. Teeming with life, it can be assured that there’s all sorts of creatures to meet. However, there is one specific creature that makes its home in The Wilds.

Wolves are feared by most of the creatures in The Wilds. Large, furry beasts with power to boot, many animals run away upon seeing the four legged canines. Often hunting in Packs, animals sometimes need to find creative ways of escaping, to avoid being surrounded and ending up with a bloody fate. With their own hierarchy, members of a Pack act as family, and as such, are loyal to one another. The Alpha male acts as the head of the family, and a majority of the pack is generally comprised of his offspring with the Alpha female. However, there have been instances where Packs have accepted other wolves, as well as a female Alpha leading the pack. Situations such as owing debt to another pack, adoption, or even being close friends can result in joining another pack. In the latter situation, sometimes the Alpha male of a pack may die, and there are no suitable Alpha males to take up the role, thus resulting in the Alpha female taking over the pack. Most usual cases involve single mother wolves and her children. However, once the children grow up and become strong, roles in the pack may shift. Wolf Packs need to be prepared for anything, whether that be changes in roles, or battle. The bloodline of the pack depends on the survival of the Pack, and that means playing the game of life.

nATl3lm.jpg

As said before, this role-play takes place in the Alaskan Wilderness, known as “The Wilds” in the role-play. The environment is everything you’d imagine Alaska to be: Snowy during the winter and more lush during the warmer months, rivers, etc. And if you haven’t guess already, your character is a wolf. The role-play will indeed start off with your character as a pup, and then eventually I will do a time skip to the Adult phase of your wolf’s life. As for the plot of the role-play, I do not really have an overarching plot line right now, however, it is currently set up for several mini plots and arcs that will happen throughout the role-play. And of course, I will also allow you to create your own subplots for everyone to join in, if you choose to do so. As of right now, here are the current locations that are worth mentioning (The list will update as new places are discovered):

Timber Valley

This is where the majority of the first bit of the role-play will take place. A massive stretch of land covered in trees and rivers, and is home to many animals. There are lots of opportunities here to hunt and find food, as well as hide from predators that may be up to no good. Notable landmarks in here, are:

The River: A body of water that runs through the valley, and beyond. Animals often come here to drink water, however, on days with heavy rain it is known to be dangerous, and will drag smaller, weaker animals with the rapids if they are not careful. It should also be noted that the river enters a gorge somewhere deeper down the valley, which is known to be frequented by Coyotes. It is unknown why the Coyotes gather here, however, the sheer amount of them is enough to keep other intruding animals at bay. It is not yet known what lies beyond The Gorge.

Peace Meadow: Although there are many clearings and meadows in Timber Valley, there is one that is of significant importance. Peace Meadow is a place where animals, mainly herbivores will often come to eat. As the name suggests, this Meadow does not tolerate any sort of violence. Although carnivores are welcome here also, they are not permitted to hunt, and this is Animal Law. Breaking this law, will often result in severe punishment such as a beating, banishment or death. Because of this, it is often a play area for younger animals. Over looking the law of the Meadow is Wimble, a massive, monstrous moose that has taken care of the meadow since his younger days. Not only does he protect the meadow, but he also sometimes acts as guidance or insight for other animals. Granted, if he takes a liking to you.

Ridge Canyon: A somewhat medium sized canyon located in the northeastern part of Timber Valley. The canyon has a lot of nooks, crannies and odd spots. There are some small cliffs littered about, along with a small river in some parts of the canyon that connects to the main river. All in all, it is not particularly a special area, however, reaching the end of the canyon will lead to a new land. There are very few reports that tell what lies beyond the canyon. However, something to note is that there are a lot of conflicting stories about the subject, which may lead one to believe that many of them are simply rumours.

Little Rock Peak: A protrusion of rocky, foliage-covered earth that forms into a peak. Located in the westernmost part of the Valley, it is often advised to all animals to never go here. Not a lot is explained as to why, however, there is merit in the saying ‘ignorance is bliss’.

DLiLTzh.jpg

As said before, I don’t have a huge plot. However, for now, there will be smaller subplots that I will build upon. Because of this, there is room for the players to make their own plots for everyone partake in, should they wish to. The way the role-play will work for the first bit, is that each player will start off in their respective packs, and then depending on the situation and plot, players will either pair up with others in smaller groups to role-play, or everyone will stick together as one group. Overall, it will be a more free-flowing role-play at times since most of the adventure lies in Timber Valley.

Something else to note, is that I will be using a Karma System for all players. I will reward players for performing different ‘deeds’, as I will call them, whether that be good or bad. Although I won’t reward players after every single deed, I will take note and reward as I see fit. This may include things such as certain perks, allies, items, etc. Now I should note, sometimes it may not be obvious what deed to perform. For example, if your character comes across another injured, but unfamiliar animal, is it wise to help or leave them be? I will occasionally punish the player (in role-play of course) for performing the wrong deed, depending on the severity. This can range from things such as injury to the character, losing a previous perk they may have gotten, to even killing a member of their respective pack.

Allies: I used this term earlier, when describing the Karma System perks. It’s possible for players to create their own NPC’s. These will generally be other animals for your character to interact with, and they can also tag along with you, when your character goes places. Allies can help with anything from fighting, to grabbing something, sent to do favours, etc. Allies cannot be created on your own, and you must have my permission to do so. Generally, I will allow you to create an Ally as I see fit.

RULES

1. Of course, all Serebii Forum rules apply. I don’t like cracking the law on players, however, if you are being disrespectful to other players, then I will do so.
  2. I am going to rate this M, simply due to blood, gore and animal violence
  3. Try to refrain from having your characters refer to concepts that only humans would know about (e.g - A wolf would not understand how a car works in terms of mechanics). Also, try to refrain from having any interactions with humans for the time being within the roleplay. The Wilds are much too far out for any human to venture. I’m trying to keep this role-play mainly to animals.
  4. This is not a RP based around fighting, however, I am going to put in the usual no godmodding and bunnying of other characters (without permission of course). You can, however, bunny my character if you need to, without my permission.
  5. Do not make your own sub-plot while there is one going on. If you want to make your own, let me know and we can most definitely work it out somehow.
  6. For the most part, this role play is going to be mainly loose. Although the beginning will be somewhat linear, it will open up more and more.

1AP10qz.jpg

Name
(Only first name)

Pack Name
(Make your Pack name. this can be generally anything, however, keep it appropriate, proper and sensible. Pack names in the RP are generally simple. E.g - The Frost Pack, The Evergreen Pack, etc.)

Wolf Appearance
(Include both pup appearance and adult appearance. This can include any imperfections, fur irregularities, fur pattern, etc. Your wolf can be of any regular wolf colour. No picking ridiculous colours such as purple, pink etc. If you want to give your wolf a slightly different tint, such as grey with a blue-ish hue or tint, that is fine.)

Pack History
(You don’t have to go super in-depth, but here’s your chance to explain your Pack’s history, the members, current status of pack, etc as well as your own Wolf’s history.)

Personality
(A brief description of your Wolf’s personality.)

Other
(anything else worth mentioning.)​