• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Woman cracks open egg to find... another egg?

PDL

disenchanted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=514649&in_page_id=1770

A woman was shell shocked after she cracked an egg - and found another one inside it.

Fran Vincent, 54, made the eggs-traordinary discovery when she opened the 5.50z free range egg to make a cake.

She was astonished to find a smaller egg - perfectly intact - inside the larger 3.5ins one, which she had bought from a supermarket.

Fran, a factory worker from Seaton, Devon, said: "I thought it looked a bit big - I thought it might have been a duck egg at first.

"I cracked it open and out came the white and yolk but inside was another egg in its shell. I have never seen anything like it before - they're almost like twins."

---

David Lanning, of Lloyd Maunder poultry firm, said it was "extremely rare" for a double egg to reach a customer.

He said: "An incongruity like this would normally be picked up during the checking phase at the farm.

"As it was being formed it passed down through the hen's oviduct - the passage from the ovaries to the outside of the body - where the shell is made.

"In young hens, ovulating can be quite irregular. The hen has obviously ovulated quickly twice. The second egg has caught up with the first and the shell has formed around the two of them.

"It's more common with young hens. It's unusual and doesn't happen that often. But it is extremely rare for it to reach the shop shelf."

My god this news article is full of terrible puns.

eeveefox

I opened an egg to find a half formed chicken so very gross.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
You've cracked open a human and found an egg?

No, humans don't lay eggs you silly. Means he's cracked open and human and found another human.

eeveefox

No, humans don't lay eggs you silly. Means he's cracked open and human and found another human.
lol,I think he is refering to when they have had sugery on people to remove their twins out of them.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
lol,I think he is refering to when they have had sugery on people to remove their twins out of them.

That's exactly what im saying! :p

??????

That guy.
The woman puts Russian egg toys in her cake? 0_o

I'm confused...

Cain

RAWR
Wow, good thing there wasn't a chicken in there. It would be the SPAWN OF SATAN!

Seriously though, that is pretty neat. I would keep it. Until it went bad, at least.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Thats interesting. I remember one time my mom asked me to crack open an egg and there were 2 yolks inside. It was weird.

Vantage

I ain't witty, so no
Those puns are spEGGtacular. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!11!!11!!!1eleventyone1!!!

But honestly, that's bizzare.

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
If it's nothing really new & unusual (the fact that one egg forms inside an extra shell) than seriously, why is it news? :/

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Isn't this a sign of the apocalypse? If only she was scratching a lucky lotto ticket instead.

Rave

Banned
I've heard of something like this before.

This isn't as exiting as a chicken laying a humongous egg, and cracking it, only to find another egg inside.

Rave

Banned
Incedentally that was a Sci-Fi Channel original horror movie.

Either its a coincidence that the things I mention are related to movies, or I must be some psychic that somehow conjures quotes and plots up without even seeing the movies.