• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Women in Modern War.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
If you lost a war because of casulties, then the USSR in WWII was fc0uked from the beginning. But the Soviets were the true victors of the war as they gained Superpower-dom and half of Europe as well as new friends in Asia (China, N. Korea and Vietnam), with 27 million dead and millions more injured.
Plus the Russians used women in their war against the Fascists.

So, no, the army won't stop using women just because a few died Ash-Kid.

I know women who are gladly in the military. I know others who eat men alive. I know others who hunt little boys like you for blood sport.

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/ob62.html
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/warwwii/Women_and_World_War_II.htm

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Neither of those links really support women much.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
There are 2 methods of doing push ups, and frankly women can't do one variety properly, you are correct about this. It doesn't really make any difference though, the push ups in question *do* use different muscle groups though.

Well, there were several women in my PT group and they all had the choice of which technique they wanted to use. Just standard push ups, their target number was substantially lower than that for men (i.e., they can pass the minimum standard doing fewer pushups). Actually, across the board in PT their standards were lower.

I don't know which came first though in a chicken vs. the egg situation. Maybe their standards are lower because they aren't allowed to participate in combat roles rather than the other way around.

[joke]If anything they should have an advantage with push ups because of the extra bounce back[/joke]

Oh, I in no way meant to say atrocities can't happen one way or the other or that the US has some kind of moral high ground. I just think that women have a much, much higher danger of maltreatment as prisoners during war. In fact, look at this section of the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse#Raping_of_prisoners

That is more of what I'm talking about. Not that it can't happen both ways (as that section describes) but I think women are at a much higher risk for abuse in those situations.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

That is more of what I'm talking about. Not that it can't happen both ways (as that section describes) but I think women are at a much higher risk for abuse in those situations.

especialy now since most wars are in places where they see women as second rank civilians

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Agreed with 7 Tyranitas.

Plus GostAnime, the links were to support the USSR, but the point is, that just because women die dosn't mean that you lose the war or that the military won't send anymore women to the front. Unlike what Ash-Kid said. Plus, democracies are the most sensitive governments to public perveption, yet many democracies send women to war already.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
None of those links said anything about women being on fronts, iirc.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
What in the..

Could you summarize these new things?

darkjigglypuff

Borderline Troll
What in the..

Could you summarize these new things?

Turns soldiers into superheroes. It allows them to run faster, longer, and with heavier loads.

Sheeeeeet, I could be a soldier if I had one of those things.

...Well, I'd still need discipline and all that stuff, but besides that.